Contact Me






Monday, February 6, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 2/6/12


Last week's menu plan completely fell apart - including ordering Papa John's on Saturday night because my son had his friends over to watch the Mizzou/Kansas basketball game.  When teens are in your house, you never know who has already ate dinner and who needs to eat again.

Monday: Pork Tenderloin, Grilled Cauliflower, Homemade Applesauce 
  • This meal didn't happen last week.  I need to fix it tonight before my cauliflower goes bad.
Tuesday: Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini
  • I had originally planned on fixing Turkey Tetrazzini last Tuesday night, but didn't ending up making the dish until Sunday.  I hate to have the same meal two nights in a row, but don't like to keep leftovers in the fridge more than a few days.
Wednesday: Taco Soup
  • This is a new recipe for me.  I bought Tomato Juice for $0.50 a can at Dierbergs a few week's ago, so I am trying to find someway to use it.  This recipe looks like something my family would really enjoy. 
Thursday:  BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Sweet Potato Fries
  • I'll use the rest of the rest of the pork tenderloin from Monday for the sandwiches. 
Friday:   Breakfast as Dinner
  • I'm not sure what this meal will be yet.  I've got bacon and ham in the freezer,  eggs are on sale at Walgreens for $0.99, and have the fixings for waffles or pancakes.  I'll have to see what sounds good later in the week.
Saturday: Pizza (DiGiorno), Green Salad
  • Saturday night dinners plans don't seem to happen in our house.  We never quite know, until the last minute, what our teens plans are and where we might need to take him.  I don't know why I have tried to plan on Monday for his schedule on Saturday.
Sunday:  Baked Chicken, Long Grain & Wild Rice (Rice-A-Roni), Frozen Veggie


What's for dinner at your house this week? 

If you would like more meal planning ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com

6 comments:

  1. We love taco soup! That recipe is a bit different than mine, but looks good and just as easy. I'd probably be inclined to add some diced tomatoes. I can't believe I forgot to go to Dierbergs for the great deal on Red Gold products. I even popped in to check the clearance section and just completely forgot they were on sale. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Staci - Before I was going to make the soup, I was going to check out several recpies. Diced Tomatoes are a good idea.

      Delete
  2. I am using the cans I bought at Dierbergs to make Shrimp Creole wtih Shrimp I need to use in the freezer and the rice I bought on sale this week with the Uncle Bens coupons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shrimp Creole sounds wonderful. Too bad I'm the only one in my family who loves shrimp.

      Delete
  3. I made cauliflower soup today. Thanks for introducing me to that recipe, it is so good! I'm planning on meatloaf our burgers for later this week since ground chuck will be $2.99/lb at Dierbergs tomorrow. Also picked up some Oven Poppers salmon with spinich at Schnucks today on clearance, that will be a quick meal this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CJ - I might have to run to Dierbergs for $2.99 burger too. I used to never pay more than $2 for Ground Chuck. Now, $2.99 looks pretty good. And I hear beef prices are going to continue to rise.

      Delete