Contact Me






Monday, December 31, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 12/31/12



With the holidays, I got out of the habit of menu planning. But, it's the first of the year and I need to get back in the good habit of menu planning.  It makes life so much easier.

Monday:  Pork Chops, Sweet Potato Fries, Homemade Applesauce

Tuesday: Senate Bean Soup, Cornbread

Wednesday: Leftover Bean Soup, Green Salad

Thursday: Pasta Con Broccoli, Garlic Bread

Friday:  Pizza, Green Salad

Saturday: Chicken & Olive Enchiladas

Sunday: Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, Peas

Whats for dinner at your house this week?

If you would like more meal planning ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com

7 comments:

  1. I'm making a ham for family dinner tonight, so I'll be having bean soup this week, too! Need to get some cornbread mix when I run to Aldi this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tradition at our house to eat Bean Soup on New Years Day. Dates from when my mom was a kid in the depression (1930's, not the 2000's)

      My grandmother said if you at beans on New Years day, you won't have to eat them again that year.

      Delete
  2. MPM definitely keeps me on track. I actually look forward to Mondays!
    This New Year's Eve, I'm staying home, cleaning our house and doing some blog visiting. Hubby had to work so it will be quiet.
    Your menu plan looks delicious.
    Have a wonderful week and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But who wouldn't want to eat beans?! LOVE beans! Saving my ham bone for bean soup last week of January. Always seems to work out that way. Those enchiladas look good, too. #2 just discovered he likes olives now. Whatev.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like beans too, but my grandmas during the depression was probably darn lucky to have anything to season them with.

      Delete
  4. My mom called to see if I ate my black eyed peas on new years. GAG. I said, "NO! I'm a grown up now and you can't make me." :)

    when I was a kid I had to eat ONE pea. I choked it down but man those are nasty. I like other beans but black eyed peas? Ew.

    ReplyDelete