Contact Me






Thursday, March 12, 2009

CVS is Coming to Town

CVS under construction at the corner of Lindbergh and Lemay Ferry in South County.

CVS has stores on the Illinois side of the river (check out the CVS Store Finder), but are just now building on the Missouri side. A manager in an Illinois store told me CVS plans to build eight stores on the Missouri side of the river. He mentioned Chesterfield, but other than the South County location I'm not sure where they are planned.

Since around Thanksgiving of last year, I cross the Poplar Street Bridge every few weeks just to shop at CVS. They have fantastic deals and are so much easier to deal with than Walgreens.

I put together a list of what I have bought at CVS and what it has cost me. I think you will see why I'm soooo excited about CVS building a store closer to home.

  • 6 bottles of mouthwash
  • 8 tubes of toothpaste
  • 6 bottles of shampoo and/or conditioner
  • 5 Razors (the expensive ones)
  • 5 deodorants
  • 3 bottles of contact solution
  • 1 bottle of body lotion
  • 1 package of facial cleanser wipes
  • 3 items of makeup
  • 1 bottle of hand soap
  • 1 bottle of dish soap
  • 2 bottles of saline nasal spay
  • 3 small boxes of allergy relief
  • 3 bottles of vitamins
  • 1 package of cough drops
  • 10 12-packs of soda
  • 5 2-liter bottles of soda
  • 12 bags of chips
  • 4 jars of peanut butter
  • 7 boxes of SoyJoy bars
  • 3 bottles of Gatorade
  • 3 greeting cards
  • 6 candy bars (fillers!)
  • and a few things (I can't identify from the receipts what I bought)
To purchase this entire list, I've spent $23.87 (no, this isn't a typo) and I still have $49 of ECBs to spend within the next month.

ECB's? - Extra Care Bucks print at the end of your cash register receipt. You earn them by purchasing CVS's ECB promotions. Use them as money on your next purchase for anything, except the normal exclusions. Excludes alcohol, tobacco, lottery, gift cards, money orders, postage stamps, pre-paid cards, prescriptions, and special order Home Health Care items, including footwear.

I plan on blogging about CVS and how to save tons of money with their ECBs every Thursday until they open. No, it doesn't really take weeks to learn how to shop at CVS, but this way everyone will be able to take full advantage of the CVS deals on opening day.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are going to start doing the deals for CVS, its the only thing you are missing on your site and I find your match ups SOOOO much easier to follow than any other site I visit.

    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete