Contact Me






Thursday, October 28, 2010

Walgreens Sneak Peek - Week of 10/31/10

Sale prices good  - October 31 - November 6, 2010

UPDATE: Head over HERE for the updated list of Walgreens deals for the week.

It looks like Sunday is the day to shop.  Quite a few coupons are expiring on October 31st. 


Take a look at a scan of Walgreens' ad HERE. (Thanks I Heart Wags)


:: Free This Week ::

Zarabees Children's Cough Syrup (4 oz) - $5.99
Get a $6 Register Reward
Final cost: FREE after RR
Turn this into a $3 Money-Maker if you printed the Zarabees' coupons available  last week.

Ricola Drops (19 to 24 ct) - .99
$1 off 2 - 10/17/10 SS
and use .50 coupon from Walgreens November Coupon Book
Final price:  2 FREE

Campbell's Tomato Soup - .50
$1.50 off 3 "Great for Cooking" Soups printable coupon
Final pirce: FREE wyb 3


:: Cheap This Week ::

Trident Gum (18 piece) - .69 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 3 - 9/12/10 SS
Final price: .36 each wyb 3

Stirde Gum (14 piece) - .69 with in-ad coupon
Buy One Stride Get Stride Shift FREE - 5/16/10 SS (Hurry! expires 10/31)
Final price .36 each wyb 2
Give the manufacturer coupon to the cashier first.  You might pay less out of pocket depending on how they deduct the free item.

Carefree Pantiliners (22 ct) - .99 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 2 - 9/26/10 RP
Final price: .49 each wyb 2

Head & Shoulders Shampoo or Conditioner - $3.49
Get a $1.50 Register Reward
$1 - 9/26/10 P&G (Hurry! expires 10/31)
Final cost: .99 after coupon and RR

Blue Diamond Almonds (6 oz can) - $2
$1 off Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds - 8/22/10 SS
Final price: $1 each

Ghirardelli Chocolate Bar (3 or 3.5 oz) - $1.50
$1 off 2 coupon in Walgreens November Coupon Book
Final price: $1 each wyb 2

Toblerone Bar (3.5 or 3.52 oz) - $1.50
$1 off 2 coupon in Walgreens November Coupon Book Final price: $1 each wyb 2

Vick's NyQuil or Dayquil (20 ct. or 10 oz. liquid) - 2/$10
Get a $5 Register Reward wyb 2
$1.50 - 10/10/10 P&G and 10/31/10 P&G
Final cost: $1 each wyb 2 after coupons and RR

Colgate Total Toothpaste (4.2 oz) - $2
$1 - 10/31/10 SS
Final price: $1 each

Chocolates - 4/$10
World's Finest Mint Meltaways, 5.5 oz. or Queen Anne Cordial Cherries, 13.2 oz.
Get a $5 Register Reward wyb 4
Final cost: $1.25 each wyb 4

Buy $10 or more of participating P&G Products and get a $2 Register Reward
Bounce (Dryer Bar or 70 of 80 pack sheets)- $3.99
$1 off Bounce Dryer Bar - 10/10/10 P&G
.50 off Bounce - 9/26/10 P&G (Hurry! expires 10/31)
Tide Stain Release (10 pack or 20 oz. liquid) - $3.99
$2 - 10/31/10 P&G
$1 - 9/26/10 P&G (Hurry! expires 10/31)
Downy (40 oz. liquid or 80 pack sheets) - $3.99
$1 off Downy Liquid 10/31/10 P&G
$1 off Downy Liquid - 9/26/10 P&G (Hurry! expires 10/31)
25% off Febreze or Swiffer Products

Deal Idea
Purchase (3) Tide Stain Release @$3.99 each = $11.97
Use (3) $2 coupon -$6.00
Pay $5.97
Get $2 RR
Final cost: $1.32 each wyb 3 after coupons and RR

Kotex Feminine Care - 2/$7
18 pack Tampons, 48 or 64 pack Pantiliners, 14 or 24 pack Maxi Pads
Get a $2 Register Reward wyb 2
$2 off 2 Kotex Pads - 10/10/10 SS
$1.50 off 2 Kotex Liners or Security Tampons - 10/10/10 SS
Final cost: $1.50 to $1.75 each wyb 2 after coupon and RR

Aussie or Herbal Essences Hair Care - 2/$7
Get a $2 RR wyb 2
$1 off Aussie or Herbal Essences - 9/26/10 SS (Hurry! expires 10/31)
Final cost: $1.50 each wyb 2 after coupons and RR

Glade - $5.99
Lasting Impressions, Sense  & Spray, Reed Diffuser or 3 Wick Candle
Get a $1 Register Reward with purchase
$3 off Glade Lasting Impression printable coupon
$3 off Glade Lasting Impression - 9/26/10 SS
$2 off Glade Sense & Spray - 9/26/10 SS
Final cost: $1.99 after coupon and RR
Sunsweet Prune Juice (64 oz) - $3 with in-ad coupon
$1 - 10/24/10 SS
Final price: $2 each

Cold or Sinus Relief - 2/$10
Coricidin, 16 to 24 ct. or Afrin Nasal Spray, .5 oz
Get a $2 Register Reward wyb 2
$2 off Coricidin HBP Product printable coupon
$1 off Afrin printable coupon
Final cost: $2 to $3 each wyb 2 afer coupons and RR

Russel Stover Chocolates (12 oz) - $3.99 with in-ad coupon
$1 - 5/2/10 RP (Hurry! expires 11/2)
Final price: $2.99 each

Ensure Nutritional Drink (4 or 6 pack) - $6.99
$3 - 9/12/10 SS and 10/3/10 SS and10/31/10 SS
Final price: $3.99 each

Glucerna Nutritional Shakes (6 pack) - $8.99
Buy a participating Glucerna Shake and Get a Register Reward for a FREE Glucerna Cereal, Snack Shake or Mini Snack Bar
$3 off any Glucerna Product printable coupon
$1.50 - 10/31/10 SS
Final price: as low as $5.99 + RR for FREE product


:: Filler Ideas ::

Hunt's Tomato Sauce (8 oz) - .33 with in-ad coupon
Mars Candy Bars - .49 with in-ad coupon
W Alkaline Batteries - .99
2011 Entertainment Book - $10 off

26 comments:

  1. Ok, is anyone with me in taking the Oct 31 ad to a 24 hr walgreens store at like 11pm on Saturday night with the Oct 30 MFG coupon for $5 off entertainment book, and see if it works? LOL I want my whole $15 off dangit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi couponmama-You are to funny =) I was so sad when I saw the exp. date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna try it! I've noticed most of the stores have their next week sales prices ring up by an hour or so before the store closes on sat night. It foiled my nivea deal last week when they were 2/$9 with the RR--they were already ringing up 2/$5 and I didn't want to hassle with it.

    The worst they can do is tell me no, the best is that I get my Ent. Book for $15. I'm in y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have done late Saturday night Walgreens shopping before. (To check if the sales are turned on, I have them price check a product that is going on sale the next week to see if it scans the regular price or next week's price.)

    I did the Nivea men's body wash recently. It rang up 2/$5 as couponmama mentioned, I used $4 in coupons and got a $4RR -- so a $3MM. So for me the 2/$5 was not a hassle, but profitable! RRs do NOT turn on early. In fact, they take a while to turn on after midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are $1 coupons for Oral B manual toothbrushs in the samples of Crest plus Scope that were attached to Crest that were free a few weeks ago at Walgreens.

    Will this work?:
    $5.98 2 Oral B Crossaction @$2.99 each
    - $2.99 B1G1 9/26PG (exp 10/31)
    - $1 coupon
    - $2 Nov book
    .01 overage plus $1RR, $.99MM

    or use the $.75 10/10PG, would be $.24 plus $1RR, $.76MM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm lucky if the new week sale prices are working yet at my 24 hour store by 6am on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy - I'm reading the Colgate Toothbrush coupon in the Nov. coupon book to be for Power Toothbrushes. I don't think your scenario will work. Or am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jeri, It is the coupon above the Power one.
    $1 off Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste or Oral-B CrossAction Toothbrush.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Instead of $2 off from the Nov. book in my scenerio, I should have posted that it was $1/1 that would come off twice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The entertainment books at my walgreens are $35. So although I would love to try to 'work it' I am just getting one from Shop n Save before then. I have one more $5/$50 left. So I feel like I am getting it for the same price anyway. I just have to look through coupons to get the other $20.
    My other one or two books, I will buy from a school and feel good about paying full price! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Judy - Yep, I missed it. I'll include this deal in my weekly post.

    Hi Tonya - I think the Entertainment books at my Walgreens are $35 also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Entertainment Books are $35 at Walgreens. There will be a $10 IVC on the back page of next week's ad which starts 10/31. However, if your store turns on next week's deals Saturday night, you could also use the $5 coupon that expires 10/30. So it would be $35 - $10 - $5 = $20.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Wags are the most UNcoupon friendly I have ever encountered though sometimes if I get lucky, one cashier there gets as happy as I am when I pay less than $1 OOP on really good stuffs. So, doing the EB deal on the eve of Oct. 30 would be a no go for me plus hubby won't give me a ride at this time of the night. :)


    Anyway, I think Entertainment Book at ShopNSave is $30. $15 will go to Special Olympics. They have a sign about this.

    $30-$5 Insert coupon = OOP $25. A profit of $5 on the SnS (6) $5 off $50 coupons.

    Better than letting the $5 coupon go to waste. What do you think, guys? TIA.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi All

    Toyna - I just took at look at the $5 off $50 coupon from the 2011 Enteratinment Book. One of the exlcued items is Entertainment Membership Books. I don' think you'll be able to purchase a 2011 book using a $5 off $50 coupon.

    coupon.girl - That's not a bad idea, but if you're going to donate to charity, it would be better to make the donation yourself. Then you could use it as a tax dedcution. I'm not a tax attorny, but I don't think you can dedcut that type of offer on your taxes.

    If I had $5 of $50 coupons left I would purchase a SNS gift card and then either keep it to use on groceries or purchase other gift cards for places I was going to have to spend money at anyway.

    I going to pass at even thinking about getting to Walgreens late on Saturday night. I'm not sure I want to be out that late on the Saturday night before Halloween. Too many people that have made Halloween a big adult party.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Entertainment coupon books can be gotten on eBates.com. The deal is:
    "Get a $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate and Free Shipping on the 2011 Entertainment Book at Entertainment.com (Exp. 10/31/2010) Plus 17.5% Cash Back!"
    I did this a few weeks ago when eBates.com had doubled the offer (35% off). You need to sign up at eBates.com, then link from there to Entertainment.com. Hope that helps someone!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got what you meant, Ms. Jeri about the tax deduction. But it's ok with me however it is done on this case. I'm just thinking of not letting the $5 EB Sunday insert coupon go to waste. Btw, what insert was it from? Ughs. :I

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cool. I used the "search" magnifying glass. Found the EB coupon. It's on Redplum 10/10/10 insert. hehehe. Thanks again, CJ. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm letting the coupon pass. I like a bigger profit on the books. I've already bought one full-price, so the rest I buy must be super cheap. Otherwise, I'm just eating and drinking free fast food and frappes I wouldn't normally buy. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi All - I had no idea that the search box on my blog was so invisible to readers. I'm sure lots of people don't know where to find it. I'll have to post about where to find it.

    Kelly - Those free coupons for McDonld's Freappes got me hooked. I'll even pay full price for them now.

    I'm going to purchase at one Entertainment book from Walgreens with my RR earnings. I'm hoping my store will run out of them this week, so I can get a raincheck. Then I can purchase another one whenever my RR grow enough.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Campbells Tomato soup rang up at .99 for me last night. Has anyone bought it for .50 this week?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi CJ - Campbell's Tomato for $.50 starts on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jeri - Thanks, I was a week ahead. My vacation has thrown me off my shopping schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Here's a B1G1 coupon that can be used with the Glade RR deal (3 wick candle orhttp://www.rightathome.com/offers/pages/2010-10-glade-bfpfe.aspx?sid=coupon&cid=bfpfe201010glade&rid=113782040&om_rid=CHnLa$&om_mid=_BMxvZrB8VYLmMg reed diffuser)

    ReplyDelete
  24. can someone tell me where I could get the $5 off $50 coupon?

    And if I can use it to purchase gift cards?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous - the $5/$50 coupons are inside the 2011 Entertainment Books which can be purchased at Walgreens, CVS, grocery stores, school groups, etc. The coupons can be used to buy Shop n Save gift cards but not gift cards for other retailers.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi CJ - Thanks for the link, but I'm getting the message there are no more coupons available. That's what I get for taking the afternoon/evening off.

    ReplyDelete