Contact Me






Monday, April 13, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


To save the most money when grocery shopping, I plan a weekly menu. I start in the pantry - it helps that the refrigerator is in there. (Old house - little kitchen - big pantry.)

I menu plan from what I already have and what needs to be used - before I even look at the grocery ads. When my plan is done, I usually have only a few items to put on my grocery list. Then I take a look at the ads. I'll adjust my plan if I can get a perishable item for a great price. Finally, I complete my shopping list with only the great deals.

So here's what's on the menu this week - lots of leftover ham.

Monday: Ham, long grain and wild rice (Rice-a-Roni), Caesar salad, fresh pineapple

Tuesday: Hamburgers on the grill, French fries, corn

Wednesday: Senate Bean Soup, corn muffins

Thursday: Leftover soup

Friday: Ham & cheese omelets, toast, orange juice

Saturday: Pasta con Broccoli, garlic bread
(I use 1/2 & 1/2 instead of cream)

Sunday: Pork chops, baked potatoes, tossed salad, veggie

If you would like more meal planning ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy I came across your blog on mpm. I am also from STL. It is so great to meet other bloggers from the same area to share the info on local deals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jerri - It's always great to hear from another Jeri.

    @Lisa - I'm so glad you commented. It's great to hear from people in St Louis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to mpm! Looks like a good, hammy week! :)

    I'm from St. Louis originally, and all of our family is still there so we visit frequently. Still "home" to me :)

    ReplyDelete