Contact Me






Saturday, January 30, 2010

Walgreens Deals - Week of 1/31/10

Sale prices good January 31 - February 6

It's a great week for FREE at Walgreens: 3 money-makers and 5 free items.

This is the last week to take advantage of the Countdown to the Super Bowl Deal. Not all the participating products are listed in the ad. Make sure you check the in store advertising for all the products that will trigger the Register Reward.

Remember, you can roll Register Rewards. Take a look at Using Register Rewards.

I highlight only the best deals. Take a look at Walgreens' full ad here -as of Sunday. Or a scan of the ad at I Heart Wags.


:: Free this Week ::

Bayer Contour Blood Glucose Monitor - $14.99
up to $30 off Bayer Monitor - 10/25/09 RP
Receive $10 Register Reward (Bayer)
Final cost : $10 Money-maker after coupon and Register Reward
** $20 off test strips when you buy a monitor - 1/31/10 RP

Blink Tears - $7.99
$2 - 1/31/10 RP
or $1.50 - HERE
Receive $8 Register Reward (Abbott)
Final cost: $2 to $1.50 Money-Maker after coupon and Register Reward

Scalpicin Medicated Wipes - $5.99
$1 - HERE
Receive $6 Register Reward (Combe Inc.)
Final cost: $1 Money-Maker after coupon & Register Reward

Accu-Chek Aviva Glucose Monitor - $14.99
$10 - 11/8/09 SS
and use $5 Walgreens coupon in Diabetes & You Coupon Book (Hurry! expires 1/31)
Receive $5 Register Reward (Thanks, Natalie!)
Final price: $5 Money-Maker FREE after coupon & Register Reward
Maker sure you have an other item to cover the $0.01 overage.

Advil - $4.49 (buy 2)
40 or 50 ct. - 20 ct. PM
$2 off Advil 40 ct - 1/31/10 RP and 11/15/09 (use 2)
or $2 off Advil PM - HERE
Receive $5 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Wyeth)
Final cost: FREE after coupons & Register Reward

Vitamin Schtick Lip Care - $1.99
Receive $2 Register Reward (Glaceau)
Final cost: FREE after Register Reward

Zicam Cold Sore Swabs, 10 ct. - $10
$3 coupon on package
Receive $7 Register Reward (Zicam)
Final cost: FREE after coupon & Register Reward

Joint Juice, 30 pack - $10
Receive $10 Register Reward (Joint Juice)
Final cost: FREE after Register Reward


:: Cheap this Week ::

Vicks Products - $5
20 ct. NyQuil or DayQuil or liquid 10 oz.
5 or 6 pack VapoPads
Formula 44, 6 oz.
VapoSyrup, 10 oz.
Buy $20 or more, receive $10 in Register Rewards or buy $15 receive $5 in Register Rewards (P&G)
$2 off Vicks NyQuil or DayQuil - 1/17/10 P&G
$1 off Vicsk product except NyQuil or DayQuil - 1/17/10 P&G

Deal Idea
Buy (4) DayQuil or NyQuil @ $5 = $20
use (4) $2 coupon - $8
Receive Register Reward -$10
Final cost: .40 each after coupons and Register Reward

Keebler Crackers or Cheez-its - 2/$5
$1 off Club Crackers - 1/31/10 Parade Magazine (use 2)
or $1 off 2 Keebler Crackers or Cheez-its - 12/13/09 RP
Receive $2 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Kellogg's)
Final cost: $0.50 to $1 after coupon & Register Reward

Soft & Beautiful Relaxer Kit or Texturizer - $4.99
Receive $4 Register Reward (Alberto-Culver)
Final cost: .99 each after Register Reward

Starbucks Ice Cream - 2/$5
$1 - HERE (use 2)
Final price: $1.50 each when you buy 2


:: Countdown to the Super Bowl Register Reward ::
Spend $20 on these PepsiCo Products and get $10 in Register Rewards!

Snacks - $2
Doritos
Tostitos Chips, Dip or Salsa
Lay's Chips

12 pack Pepsi Products - 5/$15
2-Liter Pepsi Products - 4/$5

coupons available:
.55 off when you buy both Tostitos Chips & Dip - 1/17/10 SS
$1 off Tostitos Dip wyb Tostitos Chips - coupon in brochure with Coors Rebate
.55 off 2 Pepsi Max 2-Liters - coupon in brochure with Coors Rebate
$1 off 2 Pepsi 12-packs or 2 liter bottles - coupon in the Rhythm of Your Soul Coupon Booklet
$1 off 4 Pepsi 2-Liters - Hang tag found on some Pepsi 2 Liters at Walgreens
FREE Dip when you purchase 2 Tostitos Chips - Tear pad coupon found at some Walgreens

Don't forget about the $10 Coors Rebate when you buy $30 of Tostitos products, Pepsi or other participating products.


:: Filler Ideas ::

Valentine's Tumbler - .17 with in-ad coupon
Royal Gelatin - .20 with in-ad coupon
Russell Stover Valentine Candy - .29
Walgreens Bar Soap - .33 with in-ad coupon
Valentine Mini Sticker Book or Temporary Tattoos - .33 with in-ad coupon
Necco Sweethearts - .33 with in-ad coupon
Nestle Candy Bars - .49 with in-ad coupon

23 comments:

  1. Can't wait for all the free stuff tomorrow. It is about time. It seems like it has been months since they have had so much free stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynda - I hope they are well stocked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't too impressed with the ad this week. I still have my $10 RR from last week though so I plan to just pick up some other stuff I need. But I am going to do the Pepsi $10 RR again this week too!

    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shannon - Think about using your $10 RR on Joint Juice. Even if you won't use it, it is a way to roll your RR so you can buy the next Pepsi deal with a $10 RR form Joint Juice.

    Quite often I buy something I wouldn't usually buy, so I can roll RR. I can always find a place to donate the items my family dosen't use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeri,
    you mentioned the accu-check aviva $10 coupon and the $5 coupon in diabetes and you making it free. However in the add it states there is a $5 RR given with purchase so it is really a $5 MM vs just free it seems.
    Thanks for all your match ups my husband and I are saving hundreds because of your matchups and my mom us following you now too!
    Natalie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a bogo IP for the joint juice pack so it could be two free!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Natalie - Thanks for reading. I missed the RR on the Accu-Chek. How did that happen? I'll ad it to the post.

    Anonymous - I got the message the the campaign for the B1G1 on Joint Juice was over. Did you get it to print?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tip Jeri-

    At 10pm last night, I was finally getting to my Sunday ads and planning out my Walgreens trip for today. I'm going to go for the Club Crackers, Vitamin Schtick, Advil/ThermaCare, and Blink Tears deals instead.

    Going in with a $10 RR in hand, and getting $17 back in RR from these sales will help. I'm also going to do the Pepsi Deal once again this week to get a $10 RR for next time.

    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. All 4 stores I went to this morning had very limited stock. In fact 2 of the stores never got the lip balm. Hopefully their stash hasn't been put out yet. Sometimes if you go early on Sunday that will happen. If you use Splenda it is on sale for 2.99 and the All You Dec magazine has 1.00 off coupon. Great week for deals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just checked inside my Scalpicin and there was a free 60 minute calling card from Scalpicin. Gotta love that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just got back from Walgreens! Spent $6.70 out of pocket. Saved $43.58! I went in with $10 RR, earned and rolled another $19 RR.

    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Made 3 Wags trips today. Got the lip care, 2 Joint Juice (I love this stuff!), 2 Advils, Blink, a newspaper, Bertolli lasagna, Corn Flakes and Shredded Wheat all for $12 OOP. I used $31 in RRs and still have $19RR left. The South County store was completely out of Advil. Employees at the Kirkwood Wags had to hunt down the lip care for me, they finally found a bowl full of them somewhere. I was gonna skip the Scalpacin but if there's a chance I'll get a phone card, I'll try it - thanks, Lynda!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Has anyone been able to do the Accucheck Aviva Glucose Monitor today? I tried my luck at one Wags I have not shopped at before but they were out of the Accucheck. :l

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Shannon, Lynda & CJ for sharing your shopping trips.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So the clerk at the Wags store today told me what I am doing should be illegal. Is she kidding me?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lynda - At least she used the word should. You should ask her what times she gets off work and offered to come back and teacher how to do it :) And, she even gets an employee discount!

    Kidding aside, if cashier understood their companies are not losing moeny, even when we take things home for free, they might be a little more coupon friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks to all who gave advise last week on the superbowl rewards deal, I had the cashier who said I couldn't use RRs or coupons to do the deal well good news it worked today for me! I ended up getting a better deal since the chips are cheaper this week and I had more RRs to use since I did the glucose monitor deal this morning. In all I ended up with 8 bottles of soda and 5 bags of chips and 2 free dips and it was all free since I had $18 in RRs and $2 in coupons and now I have $10RR for next week. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lynda and Jeri-

    I've had the same thing said to me before, but I've also had a Dierbergs associate who wasn't able to explain double coupons to me. Remember, cashiers are often the lowest on the pole when it comes to retail hierarchy.

    And we're not doing anything that anyone else can't do or figure out on their own. And the stipulations printed on the RR's don't say anthing against it either.

    Also, haven't you noticed that the majority of items on sale or with register rewards also have coupons in the same Sunday's paper? Examples: Keebler Club Crackers, Advil, Thermacare, Pepsi, Tostitos, and Blink Eye Drops ALL had coupons in the Sunday paper and all had RR's this week.

    Vendors for these items negotiate deals with retailer home offices for them to be able to run these specials and coupons so that people will buy their products, use them, and hopefully buy them again when they aren't on special. Walgreens gets paid regardless, and the cashier should just be happy there are customers to ring up. Job safety!

    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Shannon. I couldn't have said it better.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I read on another site that the lip care and the joint juice are month long deals. Does anyone know for sure?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Lynda - I Heart Wags and Guy with Coupons (supposedly a Walgreens employee) both are reporting they are monthly deals. But neither sites have pictures of the shelf tag advertising on these products.

    They do on the Joint Juice, but is says buy 2 to get $10 RR.

    We will have to see what people are reporting next week to know for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I got the accuview on Monday, I went to two stores on sunday and both were out. I tried my luck to see if they would let me use my coupons monday (the diabetes & you one expired sunday) And the friendly manager did when I explained. So I made $15 in RR between the accu-check and bayer monitors. Got joint juice, scaplicin, 2 zicam cold sore swabs, and 2 vitamin schticks (which, yes, were in a random bowl an associate had to find somewhere for me). Spent a little oop, but starting with $18 RR for next week!
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great job Natalie! It's nice to hear there are great Walgreen managers out there.

    ReplyDelete