Contact Me






Saturday, January 30, 2010

Walgreens $5 Scenario - Week of 1/31/10

For the new Walgreens shopper, rolling Register Rewards can seem confusing and intimidating, but if you take the plunge and become a Walgreens shopper you can bring home a ton of merchandise for very little money.

Take a look at this week's deals for where to find the coupons.

Transaction #1
purchase (1) Bayer Contour Blood Glucose Monitor $14.99
use (1) Bayer Glucose Monitor coupon -$14.99
= $0 out of pocket and receive $10 Register Reward from Bayer

Transaction #2
purchase (1) 30 pack of Joint Juice $10.00
purchase (1) Valentine tumbler .39 (need as filler)
use in-ad coupon for Valentine tumbler -.22
use Register Reward from Bayer -$10
= $0.17 + tax out of pocket and receive $10 Register Reward from Joint Juice

Transaction #3
purchase (1) Scalpicin Medicated Wipes $5.99
purchase (2) Advil $8.98
purchase (1) Valentine tumbler .39
use (1) Scalpicin coupon -$1.00
use (2) Advil coupons -$4.00
use in-ad coupon for Valentine tumbler -.22
use Register Reward from Joint Juice -$10.00
= $0.14 out of pocket and receive $6 Register Reward from Combe (Scalpicin) and $5 Register Reward from Wyeth (Advil).

Transaction #4
purchase (1) Blink Tears $7.99
purchase (1) Vitamin Schtick Lip Care $1.99
purchase (1) Zicam Cold Sore Swabs $10.00
purchase (1) Valentine tumbler .39
use Blink Tears coupon -$2.00
use Zicam coupon -$3.00
use in-ad coupon for Valentine tumbler -.22
use Register Reward from Combe -$6
use Register Reward from Wyeth -$5
= $4.15 + tax out of pocket and receive $8 Register Reward from Abbott (Blink Tears), $2 Register Reward from Glaceau (Vitamin Schtick) and $7 Register Reward from Zicam

Items purchased
1 Blood Glucose Monitor
1 20 pack of Joint Juice
1 pack of medicated wipes
2 boxes of pain relief
1 bottle of eye drops
1 tube of lip care
1 package of cold sore swabs
3 Valentine tumblers

Total retail price before sales, coupon and rolling Register Rewards: $141.59
Total Out of Pocket: $4.46 + tax (a 97% savings) and $17 in Register Rewards to start next week!

6 comments:

  1. This is FABULOUS!! I found you through Money Saving Mom. I am providing a link to your scenario on my blog for Walgreens this week. Not only did you help ME you will definitely help my readers too. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just curious. What do you do with the glucose montiors? Do you donate them somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lisa - The $5 scenario is always fun to put together.

    Hi Marcella - I give them to my dad to take a Senior Citizen Community Center he goes to. Coupons Deals and More put togther a great list of where monitors can be dontated to.

    http://couponsdealsandmore.com/library/where-to-donate-meters/

    I can't put a link in comments - so cut and paste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW is all I can say! This kind of Wags shopping day is why I do it. Watch out for 1.50 off coupons on the Scalpicin. Also I found double packs of the Blink that were also on the RR deal. So I got double for being paid to buy them. In one transaction it spit out a 75 cent off carmex coupon so with that on sale I got one for 25 cent. Make sure to pay attention also to all of the advertisments that the catalina is spitting out because it is deals for the month. I got one for Milky Way and it looks like Garnier is going to bo on again this month. I love their products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great scenarios. I will probably be using one or two! But just a question, why do you have a filler for transaction #2? Just wondering....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the info Lynda.

    Samantha - My mistake - no filler needed for the second transaction. I get so used to needing fillers on Walgreens transactions I just put it in anyway. Thanks for thinking for me - I obviously wasn't. :)

    ReplyDelete