Contact Me






Saturday, January 23, 2010

Walgreens Deals - Week of 1/24/10

Sale prices good January 24 - 30

Another good week for Walgreens.

The Pepsi/Tostitos Register Reward deal is again advertised in this weeks ad with Gatorade 6 packs instead of individual bottles. And, two FREE items after coupons!

Remember, you can roll Register Rewards. Take a look at Using Register Rewards.

I highlight only the best deals. Take a look at Walgreens' full ad here -as of Sunday. Or a scan of the ad at I Heart Wags.

:: Free this Week ::

Olay Quench Body Lotion, 20.2 oz. - $7.99
FREE Olay Quench In-Shower Body Lotion with purchase
$2 off Olay Body Lotion - 1/17/10 P&G (use 2 - if you can)
= $3.99 Out of Pocket when using (2) coupons
- $7.99 with FREE Quench Body Lotion Mail-In Rebate (purchase by 1/29/10)
Final cost: $4 Money-Maker after coupons & Mail-In Rebate
Note: Limit (2) rebates per name, address or envelope. If requesting (2) rebates, submission must be sent together.

B1G1 Bic Hybrid or Flex 4 Disposable Razors - $6.99
B1G1 - 1/10/10 SS
Final price: 2 FREE razors

Edit: At some Walgreens these razor are ringing up - first one $6.99, second one $0. At other stores they are ringing up - $5.99 and $1.00, which could cause problems with you using your B1G1 coupon. Before purchasing these razors, ask you cashier to check the price, so you won't have any surprises.


Sure for Men - $1.50 with in ad coupon
$1.50 - 1/24/10 SS
Final price: FREE

Pert Plus for Men - 2/$5
$1.50 - 1/24/10 SS (use 2)
Receive $2 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Innovative Brands)
Final cost: FREE


:: Cheap this Week ::

Reach Prevent Toothbrush - .99 with in-ad coupon (buy 2)
B1G1 - 1/3/10 RP
Final price: .10 each when you buy 2
Give the cashier the manufacturer coupon before the in-ad coupon and the full price ($1.79 at my store) will be deducted for B1G1 coupons. Then .80 x 2 will be deducted for the Walgreens in-ad coupon.

Chex Mix - .99
.50 off Chocolate Chex Mix - HERE and HERE
or $1 off 2 Chocolate Chex Mix - HERE
Final price: .49 each for Chocolate Chex Mix

Pert Plus Shampoo Plus Conditioner - 2/$5
$1 - 1/24/10 SS (use 2)
or $1 - printable HERE
Receive $2 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Innovative Brands)
Final cost: .50 each after Register Reward

Sure Antiperspirant Deodorant - $1.50 with in-ad coupon
$1 - 1/24/10 SS
Final price : .50 each

B1G1 Coffee-mate Liquid Creamer, 16 oz. - $2.49
$1.50 off 2 - printable HERE
Final price: .50 each when you buy 2

Stayfree Maxi Pads, 16 to 24 pack - $1.99
$1 - printable HERE and HERE
or B1G1 - 1/3/10 RP
Final price: .99 each

Carefree Liners - $1.99
$1 - Ultra Liners - printable HERE
or $1 any Carefree - printable HERE
Final price: .99 each

Secret Deodorant - $2.49
.25 - 12/27/09 P&G
Receive $1 Register Reward (P&G)
Final price: $1.24 each after coupon & Register Reward

Frosted Mini Wheats - 2/$5
$1.50 off 2 - printable HERE
Receive $1 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Kellogg's)
Final cost: $1.25 each after coupons & Register Reward

Valentine Candy - 2/$5
$1 off 2 Nestle Crunch or Butterfinger Hearts - HERE
Final price: $2 each when you buy 2

DiGiorno Pizza - 2/$10 (buy2)
FREE 2 Liter Coca-Cola product when you purchase (2) DiGiorno Pizzas
$1 - 1/24/10 SS (use 2)
Final price: $4 each for the pizza and FREE 2 Liter of soda


:: Huggies/Enfamil Register Reward Deal ::
Buy $25 or more of participating products below, receive $5 in Register Rewards.

Huggeis Jumbo Pack Diapers, Training Pants or GoodNites - $8.99
$2 off Little Snugglers or Little Movers - printable HERE
$2 off OverNites - printable HERE
$1 off any Huggies - printable HERE
$1.50 off GoodNites - 1/17/10 SS
$2 off Pull Ups - 1/17/10 SS
$1 off any Huggies - 1/17/10 SS
$1.50 off OverNites - 1/17/10 SS
$1 off Huggies Walgreens coupon in Children's Activity Booklet (if you were lucky and ever found this )

Huggies Wipes, 64 or 72 ct. - 2/$5
.75 - printable HERE
.50 - 1/17/10 SS

Enfamil Lipol Infant Formula - $22.99

Deal Idea
purchase (3) Huggies Little Movers @8.99 = $26.97
use (3) $2 manufacturer coupons -$6
use Walgreen $1 coupon from Children's Activity Book -$3 (if you lucky to have this)
receive Register Reward -$5
Final cost: $4.32 each after coupons and Register Reward or $5.32 each if you don't have the Children's Activity Book


:: Countdown to the Super Bowl Register Reward ::
Spend $20 on these PepsiCo Products and get $10 in Register Rewards!

Snacks - 2/$5
Doritos
Tostitos Chips, Dip or Salsa
Stacy's Pita Chips
Lay's Chips
Fritos Dip

12 pack Pepsi Products - 5/$15 3/$10
2-Liter Pepsi Products - 4/$5
Gatorade, 6 pack 2/$10

coupons available:
$1 off Stacy Pita Chips - HERE
.55 off when you buy both Tostitos Chips & Dip - 1/17/10 SS

$1 off Tostitos Dip wyb Tostitos Chips - coupon in brochure with Coors Rebate
.55 off 2 Pepsi Max 2-Liters - coupon in brochure with Coors Rebate
$1 off 4 Pepsi 2-Liters - Hang tag found on some Pepsi 2 Liters at Walgreens
FREE Dip when you purchase 2 Tostitos Chips - Tear pad coupon found at some Walgreens

Don't forget about the $10 Coors Rebate when you buy $30 of Tostitos products, Pepsi or other participating products.


:: Filler Ideas ::

Valentine Gift Sacks - .13 each with in-ad coupon
Wrapped Pencils with Eraser Tops - .20 each with in-ad coupon

36 comments:

  1. Pepsi 12pks. are 3/$10 this week. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly - I really hate not getting the Walgreens ad today in the early edition. Thanks for the update on what the St Louis prices are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helo - Really enjoy your site being a new couponer. Your lists are a huge help.
    I'm having trouble finding the Children's Activity Book - my Walgreen's have never heard of them.
    I live in Louisville, Kentucky. Put in a call to head office, but I haven't heard back from them.

    Thanks,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Went to Walgreens Hampton cor Chippewa tonight. Cashier and manager would not let me use a Manufacturer Q with the Diabetes & You Wags Q on the Theraflu (Week of 1/17 deals). They said that management has changed the rules. Can't use both coupons because both are manufacturer's coupons. They pointed out that it says there on the Wags coupons. I feel so bad because even on their monthly coupon book, it also says there manufacturer's coupon. Does this mean these Wags coupons can't be combined with the "real" manufacturer's coupons anymore? I stopped arguing with them because I had to purchase worth $10 of items to be able to use my $10 RR and hubby just wanted to get out of the store. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan,

    Thanks for reading and I'm glad my lists are a help to you.

    I've only found one Children's Activity Books - and that was last summer. I don't think many stores stocked them and if they did they didn't even know they had them. I almost hate to include it in my match-ups because I know so many people have never found one, but I hate not to mention them for the people who do have one.

    Walgreens can be frustrating to shop, but the financial reward is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi coupon.girl

    You have to stop shopping at that store:)

    I asked the manager at the store I shop about the wording on the coupons. He told me even though they say manufacturer coupon they are not, because Walgreens does send them in for reinbursement.

    If you call Corporate, your comments will get back to the store manager.

    There are coupon friendly store close to that location. Bribe you husband to take you a little futher with free chocolate or cheap peanuts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We went to like 7 Walgreens store last night to get the cheap peanuts (I bribed him with this). Sadly & very unfortunately, only this store got some left that's why we ended up there. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already wrote Corporate on the Contact Us portion on Walgreens site. I hope to hear from them the soonest possible time. I request for a reply letter so I can bring it to the stores whenever I shop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally a good day at Wags. The evil manager has moved and everything went smooth. Don't forget the b1g1 coupon for special dark chocolate 1.45 oz bars. They are also on in ad for .49 this week. Another week of cheap chocolate. Just what the doctor ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please let us know what corporate says about the mfg cpns being used along with the Walgreens cpns listed in their Walgreens monthly book and Diabetes books. I would love to have a copy also in case my Walgreens tries this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. coupon.girl

    Please keep us posted on what your response for Corporate is. Don't forget about the store on Southwest just west of Kingshighway. They still had lots of peanuts and mac & cheese left on Saturday.


    Lynda - Woo Hoo! Glad everything went smoothly. The staff at a Walgreens makes all the difference in the world.

    Thanks for the chocolate match-up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I HAD A LITTLE TROUBLE WITH THE BIC RAZORS DEAL AT WAGS TODAY. THEY WERE IN THE AD FOR B1G1 FREE AT $6.99 BUT THEY RANG UP ONE FOR $5.99 AND ONE FOR $1.00 AND MY B1G1 COUP ONLY TOOK OFF $1. I EXPLAINED TO THE CASHIER THAT I SHOULD GET ONE FREE FROM THE STORE'S SALE, AND THE OTHER ONE FREE FROM THE COUPON. SHE AGREED AND TOOK $4.99 MORE OFF. I THINK WAGS PROGRAMS ITS REGISTERS LIKE THAT ON PURPOSE TO TRY TO SCREW US! IF SOMETHING IS $6.99 B1G1 FREE, IT SHOULD RING UP AS ONE FOR $6.99 AND ONE FOR $0, OR $6.99 EACH AND THEN TAKE $6.99 OFF, NOT $5.99 AND $1. BUT ANYWAY IT WORKED OUT AND I ALSO GOT 2 PERT FOR MEN AND 1 SURE FOR MEN, ALL FOR FREE :)
    (SORRY FOR THE CAPS, I COPIED THIS FROM SOMETHING I HAD ALREADY TYPED)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had a problem with the razors too, my store rang them up $3.49 each and the B1G1 only took off one of them still ended up paying $3.49 for them, I tried to tell the manager about it but he wouldn't listen so I just returned them but then wasn't able to get my coupon back, darn.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi CJ and Anonymous,

    I purhased Flex 4 yesterday and they rang $6.99 and $.00. I was heading out the door when I read your comments, so I stopped at a different Walgreens to have them do a price check. Agian the Flex 4 rang up $6.99 and $0. They didn't have any Hybrid so couldn't check that one.

    From reading couponing forums, it sounds like, some Walgreens are ringing the razors up as advertised and others not. I wonder if it depends on what region the Walgreens is in? I know St Louis has at least 2 regional offices in St Louis probably more.

    Anyway, they are ringing up as advertised at two different Walgreens in the City. If you need razors, you could always try a different Walgreens.

    Thanks for sharing your expierences. I'll put a disclaimer in the post that all store are not rining up the razors the same.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Ms. Jeri!

    I e-mailed you the Walgreens reply. I was hoping I would hear from Corporate office but it was from the Hampton cor Chippewa store. Please copy and paste it to the comment box here because comment box won't let me. Thanks.

    Though e-mail is so disappointing, I want to share it with everyone. Am wondering if it's really Walgreens storewide coupon policy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi coupon.girl

    I got your email. Thanks for passing on the info. Since the email is from one store manager, I'm going to pursue this issue up the chain of command. I don't want to cause panic, if this is one store manager's policy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I got the BIC hybrid razors...they were not marked B1G1 and they didn't ring up B1G1 either so the cashier just threw one in my bag as the WAGS B1G1 and used my B1G1 coupon so I got them free...this was in Glen Carbon, IL.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just wanted to remind everyone if they don't have what you want in stock and it doesn't have a RR make sure to get a raincheck. I had to get one for the Planters. I always get more then I need just in case. Already had enough of them but with the coupon in this weeks paper it worked out great. I also had to get one already for the Sure this week. It also works out because I sometimes will gather more coupons for an item after the week is over.

    ReplyDelete
  19. what did the email response say?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jen - Wow! You had a great cashier. Can you clone her and send her to the St Louis stores?

    Hi Lynda - Great reminder. And, Walgreens rainchecks have not expirations.

    Hi JRSMOM - The email coupon.girl got was from the store, so it was the same line she heard at the store. I'm going to persue this issue and see what else I can find out. When I know more I'll post something about it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wanted to share a deal I discovered. I was going through the extra coupons on Walgreen's website and noticed they had New York Bagel Chips, BOGO. I then found coupons on the New York Style website for .75 off. It has unlimited prints but I just printed 2. I went to Walgreen's and to my surprised they were 2/$4. With my coupons, I only paid .50 for both!!
    Here is the website. You will need to sign up for the Central Park Club, then click on the coupon club and the coupon appears.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I forgot the website.http://www.newyorkstyle.com/index.php

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Allison - I couldn't find the NY Bagel Chip coupon with this week's Extra coupons. But, I found a preview of next weeks Extra coupon and there was the coupon good 1/31 - 2/6.

    Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Ms. Jeri! Have you heard from Walgreens "up the chain of command"?

    I've read on IHeartWags that On Jan. 31st, if we can combine the Accucheck Diabetes & You coupon with the "outside" manufacturer's coupon it's going to be a $5 RR money maker.

    Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  25. My cashier didn't accept a coupon for the free Olay in-shower lotion. The coupon was for hand or body lotion and she said that in-shower lotion was considered soap. Oh well...still a money maker after rebate!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Tara! At my Wags last night, I bought 2 of the Quench lotion and got 2 of the in-shower lotion. I handed the cashier (4) $2 Hand&Body lotion Qs but only 2 would scan. She called the manager, and manager rerang everything and finally said that the 2 coupons won't scan because the 2 items we're already free and so, I can't use them. I think, their cash registers are programmed this way.


    When we were out of the store, my hubby said that everytime I shop at Walgreens, a manager is always needed. I didn't tell him that this is the reason why I bought the lotion. I got $10RR to use that's why I decided to exchange it with a rebate.

    If there's really no good deal to get at Wags, I think I won't be going back to shop there for awhile. Am getting a little bit tired dealing with managers and their different store coupon policy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  27. coupon.girl - I don't have any new info yet on the coupon issue. I'm trying to run into my coupon friendly manager to get his insight of why some stores won't and some will take these coupons. I'll keep you posted when I find something out.

    Tara - Sorry your deal didn't work as planned. My cahier took both coupons. The machine might of beeped but she pushed them through. They stock the shower lotion with the soaps, but it does say lotion. Oh My!

    Coupon.girl - Coupon shopping at Walgreens shouldn't depend on your cashier or store manager, but it does. If I hadn't found coupon friendly stores I probably wouldn't deal with the hassle either.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Tara, did you try to use the $1 Olay soap, in-shower lotion coupon? I noticed it got different coding numbers. I'm now wondering if it would have scanned if I used it instead of the $2 Qs.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ms. Jeri, I wish my cashier pushed through my (2) $2 coupons also. Too bad, she did not. I could have saved $4 more. :(

    ReplyDelete
  30. Has anyone had any problems trying to do the SuperBowl register reward? I went today and tried to buy 4 bottles of soda, 4 bags of stacy pita chips, 1 bag of tositio chips and 1 dip, it should have rang of for $20 but instead only $18.74, so I went back got another bottle of soda then the cashier said I won't get the register reward if I use the two RR's I have and saidy that if I used coupons too that it wouldn't work either. She tried it anyway with the coupons only and it didn't print out the $10 RR and the manager said its because of the coupons so I just didn't do the deal at all. Any one else have problems, did I do it wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous - I haven't done the SuperBowl deal this week, but I did it lat week with Qs and didn't have any problems. I bought 4 Tostitos, 2 salsas (free w/Qs), 2 Stacy's, and 1 gatorade ($0.50 Q). Total was $21, rec'd $5.50 off in Qs and my RR printed no problem. I may try it again today with different Qs, so I'll post back if anything is different.

    ~Staci

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anonymous, did you check your store's price for the items? Maybe they're different from the ones posted here. Anyway, if your total was just $18.74, one bottle of soda which I'm guessing is $1.25 won't make your total $20. It's only gonna be $19.99. Maybe that's why the $10RR did not print. If your total BEFORE coupons & RR is $20, you would get the $10RR. Coupons & other deals' RR won't affect your transaction.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anonymous - I was going to ask what coupon.girl did. Some of the pricing on Pepsi and Tostitos is regional.

    Another thing to check is to look at the Catalina machine. All the little lights need to be green for it to work. It's amazing how many times the machines aren't working.

    No matter what the store employees tell you, coupons and RR don't affect your transaction.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for all the help I will try again tomorrow for the superbowl rewards at a different walgreens, I did check the prices they were correct, I wonder if the cashier even scan every item? Thanks for mentioned about adding the bottle of soda only making it 19.99 I bet the cashier knew that would happen, she's the one that suggested getting another bottle of soda. Thanks again, I'll let you know if it works for me tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I went to Wags tonight and they had the Krunchers chips on sale for 1.99 ad the reg price is 3.29. If you have the 1.00 off coupons that only makes them .99. I love those chips and that is such a cheap price. So seven bags later I am all set. Of course I still have two weeks worth of the superbowl rewards which have worked for me each week even with all of my coupons. So between Krunchers and Tostitos I am set for a year until the college age son comes home.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Anonymous - Hope the deal works for you at another Walgreens. Walgreens shopping success shouldn't depend on the store or cashier, but it does.

    Lynda - I love Krunchers too. Thanks for finding the deal. The coupon was in 1/10/10 SS for anyone else looking for it. I can never stockpile snack food. If my teens and their friends don't get to it my husband does.

    ReplyDelete