Contact Me






Saturday, January 23, 2010

Coupon Preview 1/24/10

Sunday's St Louis Post-Dispatch has TWO coupon inserts - a SmartSource and a Redplum.

This is the second week in a row the Walgreens and CVS ads are missing from the paper's early edition I picked up. It makes it hard to plan, or write the match-ups without them. If you pick up a paper on Saturday, please let me know if you get the ads.

Some of my favorite coupons this week:
  • B1G1 Purina Friskies Party Mix Cat Treats
  • $3 off Impruv Dry Skin Care Solution
  • $1.50 off Pert Plus for Men
  • $1.50 off Sure for Men
  • $1 off any Nabisco Crackers
  • $1 off DiGiorno Rising Crust Pizza
  • $1 off Stacy's Pita Chips
  • $1 off Quilted Northern 6-double rolls or larger
  • $1 off 2 Planters Nuts
  • $1 off 2 Kraft Cheese
  • .50 off Heluva Good! Dip
  • .50 French's Worcestershire
  • .40 off Marzetti Salad Dressing
  • .35 off Pam Cooking Spray
  • .35 off Hormel Pepperoni
  • .30 off Rotel Diced Tomatoes


Remember: You want multiple coupons to use when a product is at a rock bottom price. When it's a good coupon insert week, I purchase 4 or 5 papers and sometimes acquire more. At first, I thought it was crazy to spend money to save money. But I've always saved much more than my $1 investment.

DEAL$ and Dollar Tree sell the Sunday Post-Dispatch for $1. The early edition is published on Saturday and it includes all the coupon inserts. And they usually still have Sunday papers left on Monday. Find the Deal$ or Dollar Tree closest to you.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Jeri! I received the Walgreens ad but not CVS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms. Jeri! Hubby badly needs foot lotion. I've read on other blogs about the 12/06/09 SS Curel Moisturizer $1 Q. Did we get this Q here in St. Louis? I've been going through my SS inserts but I couldn't find it. Help pls. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kim. Did you pick the paper up at the store, (what part of town?) or do you get the ad's delivered on Saturday instead of Sunday?

    coupon.girl - We didn't get the Curel coupons in the Post-Dispatch. Although, there is a $1 manufacturer coupon on Target site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back when the new CVS store opened in Columbia, IL, I was told by a manager that the P-D had failed to put that week ad in the Sunday papers. If you receive any sort of Sunday Journal, check the coupon insert(s) for 'extra' MQ.

    Here's a web site I came across that puts up ads.

    http://www.shoplocal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Post Dispatch only had 1 insert - we've been having problems lately not getting the whole paper. Good thing I know a guy at the paper who can get me extra coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got the inserts in mine this morning at Deals in the Bluffs. Although I didn't get a CVS ad. Since it isn't to close we may not get one in the metro west journal. Jeri are you going to put a quick reference at the top tool bar for CVS?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure which insert it was or what week, but I have the $1 Curel--my second set, too. I'm in the Southwest area, so maybe coupons vary within the city of St. Louis.
    I always report to Post-Dispatch when I don't receive my coupons and they hand-deliver them to me (I subscribe). Hmmm, maybe I'll tell them I want the CVS insert. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get the P-D home delivered, it arrived Friday at 11pm. I got 3 inserts (SS, RP and another one), a Wags ad and no CVS ad. No Goodlife cat food coupon here, but other cities got one :( The CVS ads can be found online at iheartcvs.com, they are usually posted a week or two in advance. The CVS website doesnt have the St Louis stores on their website yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeri,

    I received both the Wags and CVS ads in the papers that I purchased at Deals in Chesterfield.

    Thanks

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for reporting in on what ads you got and where you're located. You would think it would be eaiser & cheaper to standardize what went in the papers.

    I really like an ad in had to do the match-ups. It's so much easier than flipping between computer screens. I might have to drive to the suburbs to get my paper next Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynda - I want to put a link in my header for CVS - hopefully like the one I now have for Walgreens. The only problem is my technical support has gone back to college. I might have to bribe hime to do some work for me with a box of goodies. Maybe he will work for peanuts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Sunday paper I purchased at Deal$ in South County had the CVS ad. The store is located on Telegraph, just north of the Super Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't get a Walgreens or CVS in the paper delivered this morning. Again the city gets no respect.

    There are only 12 Waglreens within 5 miles of my house. I quess they don't want city shopper knowing what's on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jeri, I believe Wags corporate is watching their pennies. Recently, I walked into stores and no weekly ad or those three ads from last month. I ask and been told we never received them. Now over at the CVS Columbia, IL stores, if I wanted the upcoming week ad, I always was handed one. Most Wags employees would get ugly and say no.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you have a Sams Membership or know someone who does, they sell the Sunday paper there for $0.99.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Courtney. I'll ad that to my post next week.

    ReplyDelete