Contact Me






Saturday, May 15, 2010

Walgreens Deals - Week of 5/16/10

Sale prices good May 16 - 22, 2010

Another good week at Walgreens - 6 free items and 6 for $1 or less.

I highlight only the best deals. Take a look at Walgreens' full ad HERE.

:: Free This Week ::

Old Spice Body Wash - $4.49 (buy 2)
B1G1 - 4/18/10 RP and 5/2/10 P&G
Receive $4.49 Register Reward (P&G)
Final cost: 2 FREE after coupon and Register Reward

Gillette Body Wash - $4.49 (buy 2)
B1G1 - 5/2/10 P&G
Receive $4.49 Register Reward (P&G)
Final cost: 2 FREE after coupon and Register Reward

Stride Shift Gum - 2/$2
B1G1 - 5/15/10 SS
and use $2 $1 off 2 Walgreens coupon in Walgreens May Coupon Book (Find at the store with the weekly ads)
Final price: 2 FREE after coupons
Edit: For this to work out for free gum. The cashier has to ring the B1G1 coupon first. Always hand the manufacturer coupon to the cashier before any Walgreens coupons.

Select Post Cereals - $1.75
Shredded Wheat, Honey Bunches of Oats, and Fruity Pebbles pictured in ad
$2 printable coupon for Post Grape Nuts, Shredded Wheat or Raisin Bran
Final price: FREE
This coupon will beep, and the register will not automatically accept it. Before you give the coupon to the cashier, tell them it is over the amount of the product and it will need to be reduced. If they don't know how to accomplish this, ask them to call the manager.

Ivory Bar Soap, 3 pack - .99 with in-ad coupon
$1 coupon in Spring issue of Rouge Magazine
Final price: FREE

Poise Pantiliners - 2/$6
$2 printable coupon for Poise Pantiliners (use 2)
Receive a $2 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Kimberly-Clark)
Final cost: 2 FREE after coupons and Register Reward


:: Cheap this Week ::

Bayer Aspirin, 24 to 36 ct - $1.50 with in-ad coupon
$1 - 3/21/10 SS
Final price: .50 each

B1G1 Lifesavers, 6.25 to 7.7 oz. - $2.29
$1 off 2 Walgreens coupon in Walgreens May Coupon Book
Final price: .65 each when you buy 2

Oscar Mayer Deli-Creations - $1.99 with in-ad coupon
$1 printable coupon for Oscar Mayer Deli-Creations
or $1 - 5/16/10 SS
Final price: .99 each

Dulcolax - $6.99
$4 printable coupon for Dulcolax
or $4 - 5/16/10 SS
and use FREE Bottled Water when you buy any Dulcolax (up to $2) - 3/7/10 SS
Receive a $2 Register Reward (Boehringer Ingelheim)
Final cost: .99 for Dulcolax and Bottled Water after coupon and Register Reward

Tylenol Sinus - $4.99 (buy 2)
$5 off 2 - 4/11/10 RP
Receive $3 Register Reward when you buy 2 (McNeil)
Final cost: .99 each when you buy 2 after coupon and Register Reward

B1G1 Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner - $2.99
.50 printable coupon for Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner (use 2)
Final price: $1 each when you buy 2
Note: Depending on the store, you might not be able to use 2 coupons

B1G1 Hefty One Zip Bags - $2.39 with in-ad coupon
13 or 18 pack Freezer, 17 or 22 pack Storage
$1 off 2 printable coupon for Hefty One Zip Bags
Final price: $1.15 each when you buy 2

Kotex - 2/$6
14 to 24 pack Maxi Pads, 48 or 64 pack Panitliners, 18 pack Tampons
$1.50 off 2 - 4/18/10 SS
Receive $2 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Kimberly-Clark)
Final cost: $1.25 each when you buy 2 after coupon and Register Reward

Pantene Styling Products - 2/$7
$1 - 5/2/10 P&G (use 2)
Receive $2 Register Reward when you buy 2 (P&G)
Final cost: $1.50 each when you buy 2 after coupons and Register Reward

Off Clip-On Mosquito Protection - $8.99 (buy 2)
use B1G1 printable coupon for Off Clip-On Mosquito Repellent
and use $2 printable coupon for Off Clip-On Mosquito Repellent
or $2 - 5/15/10 SS
and use $2 Walgreens coupon in Walgreens May Coupon Book (will deduct $2 for each item purchased)
Final price: $1.50 each when you buy 2 after all three coupons
Qualifies for S C Johnson $5 Rebate when you buy 3 participating products

Splenda No Calorie Sweetener - $2.99 (limit 2)
100 packets or 3.8 oz. granulated
$1 - 3/21/10 SS
Final price: $1.99 each

Raid Max Bug Barrier Trigger Spray - $6.99
$3 - 4/25/10 SS
or $3 printable coupon for Raid Max Bug Barrier Starter Kit
and use $2 Walgreens store coupon in Walgreens May Coupon Book
Final cost: $1.99 each
Qualifies for S C Johnson $5 Rebate when you buy 3 participating products

Glade Sense & Spray Starter Kit - $5.99
$4 - 5/9/10 SS
Final price: $1.99 each
Qualifies for S C Johnson $5 Rebate when you buy 3 participating products

Welch's 100% Grape Juice, 64 oz. - 2/$6
$1 printable coupon for Welch's 100% Juice
or $1 - 2/7/10 SS
Final price: $2 each

Starbucks Frappuccino,
4 pack - 2/$10
$1 - 5/2/10 SS (use 2)
and use $1 off 2 Walgreens coupon in the May Coupon Book
Final price: $3.50 each when you buy 2

Pampers Jumbo Pack Diapers - $8.99
$1.50 - 5/2/10 P&G
Receive $5 Register Reward when you buy $25 (P&G)

Deal Idea
purchase (3) Pampers @ $8.99 = $26.97
use (3) $1.50 coupons -$4.50
Receive Register Reward -$5.00
Final cost: $5.82 each when you buy 3 after coupons and Register Reward


:: Filler Ideas ::

Royal Gelatin - .19
Bubble Knee Highs - .34 with in-ad coupon
Hershey's Chocolate - .49 with in-ad coupon
Scotch Magic Tape or Mailer - .69 with in-ad coupon

40 comments:

  1. I'm gonna try using a $4/2 MQ along with the B1G1 for the Gillette BW, will see how that goes. I'm feeling adventurous this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not able to print the Lysol toilet bowl cleaner coupon. But I'll try back later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeri,
    I was not able to get to the link for the B1G1 off clips. It didn't lead anywhere.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi CJ - You're a brave woman. Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anonymous - The Lysol link was my problem. I hopefully got it fixed. Sorry to cause you waste your time.

    Hi Lisa - I can't link for Off to work either. I get the same message when I try to link from the advetising on the home page. I think it is a problem on their end. Hopefully the coupon not gone and they will fix the link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. do the sales start today or tomorrow at Wags? Just wondering...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeri, still can't get the Lysol link to work. It tells me: "Sorry. You cannot access the offers at this time." Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again I worked on fixing the Lysol link. The link now it to Lysol.com. There is a graphic on the page to link to their coupons. I'm really sorry not to have gotten this fixed the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anonymous - Walgreens sales start on Sunday and run through the following Saturday. I put the effective dates of the sale at the top of my page. Have fun saving a ton of money at Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alert - Inventory week at Wags. See my post under scenarios. May lead to really LOW stock. So, go early.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, On the Stride Gum I only see a $1 off, am I missing the $2. Thanks, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was able to use the $4/2 Gillette body wash coupon along with the B1G1 free coupon this morning. Also bought Ivory soap 3 pack, a 2nd Gillette BW free for buying Gillette deo, and 2 cheese sticks as fillers. Total OOP $3.84 and got $9 in RRs. Will do the Old Spice later today, I have 3 B1G1 coups for those.

    ReplyDelete
  13. CJ,

    I was able to do it also. I am going to go out later and do the Old Spice also. Thanks for the reminder about the Ivory, I forget it for my aunt. I used candy bars for hubby as filler and Hershey's Kisses for me. So, I broke even. The next transactions I will do better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi CJ and Rhonda! What do you think of buying (2) Old Spice Body Washes & (1) Old Spice Spray then use the "B1G1 Old Spice Body Wash" with the "B2 Old Spice Body Washes Get 1 Spray" coupon? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Connie - My mistake it should have read $1 off 2 Stride gum. Thanks for catching my typo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Rhonda and CJ for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still have some coupons for 55 cents of one Dark Peanut Butter Cups. That makes them free. I don't remember where they came from. There are also some B1G1 free special dark hersheys bars. Makes them 25 cent a piece.

    ReplyDelete
  18. coupon.girl - I say go for it! If the 2nd coupon doesnt work just have them take the spray off your bill and you still get 2 BW for free.

    I got 7 body washes and 1 deodorant today, $5.50 profit for all. I think I'm done with Gillette/Old Spice for the week. Now to figure out how to spend $18 in RRs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I messed up and didn't buy the Stride Shift gum. Boo hoo. Just make sure you grab the right kind!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was able to get the BOGO free on the Old Spice. I also had a coupon for Buy two Old Spice Body Washes and get a free Old Spice Body Spray.

    Bought 2 BW (used BOGO free coupon)
    Bought 1 BS (used Buy two BW, get a free body spray)
    Still got the $4.49 Reg. Reward.
    Thanks for all your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great week at Wags and I still have RR to use! Thank you Jeri for all of your time and work to help us save money! It helps as an at home mom of 4 little ones to save so much! You are very appreciated at our home!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Lynda - Thanks for the candy update. The Reese's coupon was in 3/14 SS and the Hershey's in 4/18 SS.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Anne - You're welcome. I couldn't do it without my readers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello all....I have a question that may seem silly, but this is all new to me. If Walgreens in ad and booklet coupons are not consider manufacture coupons, why is it still necessary to purchase filler items if I have the same number of items as I do manufacture coupons including my register reward?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi New Walgreen Shopper - No question is silly especially if your shopping at Walgreens.

    If you have a $1 off 2 manufacturer coupon, the register can count that as two coupons. When I'm not sure how many items the register will attach a coupon to, I take a filler to the register with me. I don't have the cashier ring it up unless I have to to use all of my coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Be careful with the Stride gum! I had an employee who took the dollar off and then used the B1G1 free; it made the price $.50 for both.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I was NOT able to use 2 manufacturer coupons for the 2 body washes--I wanted to minimize OOP cost and had no RRs (some people reported being able to use 2 BOGOS or a BOGO and the $4 off 2 to get both for $.49 plus RR). I was told that it was the manager's policy. Frankly, I didn't think I should have been able to use 2 unless I was purchasing 4, so that was fine. I'll use my others at CVS, since I have ECBs.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm not sure why the manager would care whether we use a BOGO with a $4/2 coupon. His store still gets the $4.49 back for one body wash and $4 back for the other from the manufacturer, so he's not out any money on the deal.

    ReplyDelete
  29. CJ, your corrrect but that's fraud.

    ReplyDelete
  30. If that were fraud how come CVS allows you to do that. I bought Cover Girl Wet Slicks for B1G1 and I had a coupon for B1G1 and they put it through. They both ended up being free.I asked the Clerk first and she said of course you can. Walgreens is just not consistent with any of their policies. It all depends on the manger of the store. The managers don't even follow their own policies.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Not fraud at all. I bought 2 body washes so I get $4 off with the 1st coupon. Then I used a BOGO coupon to pay for the 2nd item. I still bought 2 of them - I brought them to the register, they rang up at a price, I got certain amounts off from coupons. "Purchase" means "to buy something using money or its equivalent". 4 different cashiers had no problem with it, thats good enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  32. dear Lynda / CJ,
    it's still fraud... do your math.... it doesnt mean it's ok to use even they accept it.... it's a simple math.... my point is, if u want to do it, then go ahead... but dont teach other people to do the wrong thing... tnx.

    ReplyDelete
  33. First let me say Anonymous I am not teaching anyone. This is not my blog I only put my two cents in occasionally. Secondly I am very careful and would never fraud anyone. You won't find anyone more honest than I am and resent the fact that you would even suggest otherwise. I checked with the manager and he said of course it is okay. And thirdly I think if you are going to be giving anyone advice you should at least use your real name.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Time for me to chime in on the discussion.

    I've stayed out of the discussion on using a B1G1 and the $4/2 coupon for two products and not reposting it on purpose. I'm not sure if it is correct usages of the coupons. Yes, I said not sure. It very well could be ok - I don't know. Since there are no “official” written couponing rules, using coupons is everyones best guess. Although, I'm sure everyone here agrees they want the retailer to be reinbursed for the coupons they use.

    The word "fraud" came up in the discussion, so I looked up the legal definition.

    "Fraud is generally defined in the law as an intentional misrepresentation with knowledge of its falsity resulting in injury or damage."

    I don't see anyone intentinally wanting to do anything hurtful. Anonymous, if you disagree with what someone writes, please comment, but choose your words correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Jeri,
    This is a little bit off of the subject but I was curious what you thought. I was at Target yesterday and had a coupon for 1.00 on a item that was .99. The cashier told me she would have to mark the discount down to the lower amount. And I don't have a problem with this but if a manufacturer puts out a coupon that if the customer buy item x they will take a dollar off and Target only takes .99 cents off but is reimbursed 1.00 isn't Target that is being dishonest? I have just been wondering about the thinking behind Targets policy.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Lisa - I don't think couponers should ever expect overage, although it is nice when it happens. Who knows what kind of arrangement the retailer has with the vendor when the coupon is reduced. They probaly get reinbursed for the entire amount but it's eveyones quess what really happens.

    My opinion - I'll gladly give the retailer a few extra cents, just to keep them as coupon friendly as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  37. " a fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraud


    a : deceit, trickery; specifically : intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal right
    b : an act of deceiving or misrepresenting
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fraud

    ReplyDelete
  38. http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/29287554.html

    pls read... whatever you wanna call it....
    yes they got reimburse from manufacturer... but once the coupons doesnt match with the actual inventory of the stores/company or against their purchased from manufacturer.. they will not be reimburse... thank you all....

    ReplyDelete
  39. Tracy K. In IllinoisMay 22, 2010 at 9:10 AM

    In my opinion you should not be able to use the $4/2 and the b1g1 together and I'm shocked that they you! Why? Because you are getting one free with the b1g1 coupon which means you have one left to pay for. The $4 is off of 2 products so essentially you would be saving another $2 on a product you already got for free. Therefore, the company will take that loss. If your cashier accepts the coupons then I guess that is the problem of the store. I personally wouldn't even try. I'll use my $4/2 at dollar general or elsewhere to get the body wash free and have a great stockpile without compromising the stores I frequent!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Tracy,
    Actually the coupon is $4 off one. If it were two I don't even think CVS would take that:)

    Annonymous the article you posted had nothing to do with this topic as yes if the coupon clearinghouse tell the store the coupons were rejected and pockets the money received yes the store will loose money. What we are talking about is two products bought two coupons used all on the correct products. If CVS was loosing money on this I am sure they wouldn't allow it.

    ReplyDelete