Contact Me






Saturday, January 23, 2010

Walgreens $5 Scenario - Week of 1/24/10

This week, you can pick up lots of merchandise at Walgreens for very little money. You won't even have to think about rolling Register Rewards between deals or doing lots of separate transactions. A quick in and out and you're done!

Take a look at this week's deals for where to find the coupons.

Transaction #1
purchase (2) B1G1 Bic Hybrid Razors $6.99
purchase (1) Sure for Men $3.19
purchase (2) Pert Plus for Men $5.00
use B1G1 Bic Razor coupons -$6.99
use (1) Sure for Men manufacturer coupon -$1.50
use (2) Pert Plus for Men coupons -$3.00
use in-ad coupon for Sure for Men -$1.69
= $2 + tax out of pocket and receive $2 Register Reward from Pert Plus

Transaction #2
purchase (2) Reach Prevent Toothbrushes @ 1.79 = $3.58
purchase (2) Chocolate Chex Mix $1.98
purchase (1) Sure Antiperspirant $3.19
purchase (2) Coffee-mates $2.49
purchase (1) Stayfree Maxi Pads $1.99
purchase (1) Carefree Liners $1.99
purchase (1) Valentine Gift Sack .29 (needed for filler)
use B1G1 Reach Toothbrush coupon -$1.79
use (2) Chex coupons -$1
use (1) Sure coupon -$1
use (1) Coffee-mate coupon -$1.50
use (1) Stayfree coupon -$1
use (1) Carefree coupon -$1
use in-ad coupon for Reach Toothbrush -$1.60
use in-ad coupon for Sure -$1.69
use in-ad coupon for Valentine Gift Sack - $0.16
use Register Reward from Pert Plus -$2
= $2.77 + tax out of pocket

Items purchased
2 packages of disposable razors
2 deodorants
2 shampoo/conditioners
2 toothbrushes
2 creamers
2 packages of feminine supplies
2 Chex Mix
1 Valentine gift sack

Total price before sales, coupons and Register Rewards: $56.86
Total Out of Pocket: $4.77 + tax for 92% savings

10 comments:

  1. I had a great day today at Walgreens too thanks to that $10 RR last week from Pepsi. I spent a total of $24.20 out of pocket, but saved a total of $45.71. My first transaction was the best. Only $2.03 out of pocket, $28.24 in savings, and I got $2 RR back...so I basically paid 3 cents out of pocket!

    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Shannon! I'm saving my $10RR to use next week to buy the free after RR items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your math is wrong b1g1 coupons don't give it to you free when they have a sale for b1g1 They don't let you double up coupons like that and the rewards coupon does not print out when you use another coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, Jeri is right about the B1G1 plus B1G1 coupons, BUT this time it did not work for me. The BIC 4-blade razor rang up 5.99 and the second one $1. So the coupon took off $1. I had the cashier void the transaction. Sneaky Walgreens getting around the BIC coupon. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anonymous - I've been told that at some Walgreens too. I wrote corporte last year and blogged about the response they sent me. Read it here (you have to cut and paste)

    http://couponstl.blogspot.com/2009/01/walgreens-coupon-policy.html

    I would suggest everyone write corporate with their questions. A copy of an email with your name on it is a powerful tool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Shannon! I loved reading your bog and seeing your pics. You'll never want to pay full price again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelly - Which of the Bic razors did you buy? I bought the Flex 4 and the first one rang up $6.99 and the second one $.00.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anon-

    I had no problems this weekend with Jeri's scenerios above. I used a ton of coupons during each transaction, and an RR, and got another RR back each time.

    Jeri-
    Thanks for the comment. When my first transaction was only 3 cents after the RR I got back, I think I scared the cashier when I yelled out YES! I owe it all to you! Thanks so much.

    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeri--I bought the Flex 4, too. Maybe just that Walgreens had a different set-up in their system--Wags on Lemay Ferry at Butler Hill? I might try my Wags today if everyone else is finding it works for them. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shannon - I love the excitment of a new couponer. Now, if you really want to scare a cashier, have your transaction come with a negative balance. There is one cashier that still twitches when I walk in her store. :)

    Hi Kelly - Wow, different stores' registers programed differently. I hope this was just a fluke at the store you shop.

    ReplyDelete