Contact Me






Friday, May 15, 2009

Over Budget this Week

I blew through my $50 budget. I knew I was going a little over budget when I found the Manager's Special on burger at Dierbergs, but I had forgot about my Aldi trip. I was a more than a little over budget this week.

Shop 'n Save
The picture is missing 5 boxes of Kitten Chow. I used my coupons for a free box and gave them to Gloria, the woman behind me in line. I don't have a cat, but I bought them because I knew I could find someone who could use them. Thanks Gloria, for taking them off my hands.

Before coupons & sales: $188.37
Total spent: $30.26
Total saved: $158.11 or 84%


Schnucks

The picture is missing a package of buns.

Before coupons & sales: $49.31
Total spent: $14.91
Total saved: $34.40 or 70%


Dierbergs
Before coupons: $36.90
Total spent: $9.87
Total savings: $27.03 or 73%


Aldi
Schnucks price: $14.36
Aldi price: $10.50
Total saved: $3.86 or 27%


Walgreens

The picture is missing the two bags of M&M I bought as fillers.

Before coupons & sales: $18.76
Total spent: $2.48
Total saved: $16.28 or 87%

I needed a break from Walgreens, so I just rolled my Register Rewards and called it quits for the week. I started the week with $11.50 in Register Rewards and now have $14 for next week.

Weekly Total
Before coupons & Sales: $307.72
Total spent: $68.02
Total saved: $239.79 or 78%

4 comments:

  1. You didn't go over too badly! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when do you buy fresh produce?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good question about produce. Yes, fresh fruits and vegetable have been lacking in our diet lately. This time of year, I feel lucky to get dinner on the table, let alone it is something healthy.

    I really dislike produce shipped in from - who knows where. I stocked up on frozen veggies this winter when the stores were giving them away.

    I usually purchase the fruits and veggies I will eat this time of year at Aldi.

    ReplyDelete