Contact Me






Sunday, June 21, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - Week of June 22nd

My theme this week - too hot to cook. If dinner can't be cooked on the gas grill or put in the microwave it doesn't happen at our house this time of year. My husband has even learned to cook a frozen pizza on the grill.


Monday: BLT's, corn on the cob, broccoli raisin salad

Tuesday: Tuna salad sandwiches, cole slaw

Wednesday: Italian beef sandwiches, fresh veggies, fruit

Thursday: Parent night at scout camp - I'm taking Rice Krispie treats

Friday: Frozen pizza (cooked on the grill)

Saturday: BBQ chicken sandwiches, chips & dip, fruit

Sunday: Pork chops, grilled veggie, potatoes in foil packs

If you would like more meal planning ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com

7 comments:

  1. Yum, I'd fit right in, I LOVE sandwiches.
    I keep seeing Italian beef sandwiches- maybe someone is trying to tell me something- I've never had them and not even really sure what they are but anything Italian I can't imagine not liking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of Italian beef sandwiches as the Italian version of French dips. A "real" cook I'm sure would set me straight on this.

    The ones I'm making are prepackaged heat and serve. My kind of cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea!! I remember growing up in a house without AC and we used to do things like that. Not a bad idea to keep the electric bill down too so the AC isn't battling the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yup...I was just in st. louis until yesterday and I wouldn't want to cook either. pretty hot up here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nena,

    My kids are going to have the same memories you have because we don't have central AC. We do cool the bedrooms, but the kitchen is a hot box even if we don't turn on the stove.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how that goes...I plan my menu according to the weather forcast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree about the heat. There are some nights my husband and I say we are too hot to eat and we are so thirsty! We usually end up making popcorn for dinner those nights! (bad I know) :)

    ReplyDelete