Contact Me






Sunday, September 13, 2009

Walgreens $5 Scenario - Week of September 13th

Here is a scenario to get you started saving a ton of money at Walgreens. Take a look at this week's Walgreens Deals for where to find the coupons.





Transaction #1
Purchase (1) True North Nut Crisps or Clusters $3 - use (1) $1 coupon
= $2 out of pocket + receive $3 Register Reward from Frito-Lay

Transaction #2
Purchase (2) Triaminic $10 - use (2) $1.50 manufacturer coupons
Purchase filler - a caramel for .33 is a good choice (they're usually near the register)
Use $2 Walgreens coupon in Healthy Savings coupon booklet ($4 will be deducted)
Use $3 Register Reward from Frito-Lay
= $.33 out of pocket + receive $5 Register Reward from Novartis

Transaction #3
Purchase (1) Murine Ear Drops Kit $6
Use $5 Register Reward from Novartis
= $1 out of pocket + Receive $6 Register Reward from Prestige

Transaction #4
Purchase (2) Neosporin $7.98 - use (2) $1 manufacturer coupons
Purchase (1) Advil PM $4.49 - use (1) $2 manufacturer coupon
Purchase (1) Listerine $2.99
Use $2 Walgreens Neosporin coupon in Children's Activity Book ($4 will be deducted)
Use $6 Register Reward from Prestige
= $1.46 out of pocket + Receive $7 in Register Rewards: $3 Johnson & Johnson, $2 Wyeth, $2 McNeil

Stop here and save your $7 worth of Register Rewards to start next week, or use your Register Rewards to pick up other great deals this week at Walgreens.

Transaction #5
Purchase (2) Lindsay Olives $1.98 - use (1) $1 off 2 manufacturer coupon
Purchase (2) Keebler Fudge Shoppe cookies $3.98 - use (2) $1 manufacturer coupons
Purchase (3) Progresso Soups $5 - use (1) $1 off 3 manufacturer coupon
Purchase filler - a caramel for .33 is a good choice (they're usually near the register)

Use in-ad coupon for Lindsay Olives
Use in-ad coupon for Progresso soups
Use $3 Register Reward from Johnson & Johnson
Use $2 Register Reward from Wyeth
Use $2 Register Reward from McNeil
= .29 out of pocket

Merchandise Purchased
1 True North Nut Crisps or Clusters
2 Triaminics
1 Murine Ear Drop Kit
2 Neosporin
1 Advil PM
1 Listerine
2 Lindsay Olives
2 Keebler Cookies
3 Progresso Soups
1 caramel

Total price of merchandise before coupons & sales: $71.03
Total out of pocket: $5.08 for 93% savings

14 comments:

  1. Jeri,

    In transaction number 2...It looks like you are using 3 manufacture coupons with only two products. Help me understand. This is what keeps tripping me up! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you will need a cheap filler for transaction #2 in order for you to use the $3 RR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy - Anonymous is correct. I need a filler on transaction #2. My mistake. I added a filler on to my post. I'm sorry if it caused any confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for taking the time to work out the scenarios!! I tend to buy everything in one transaction and never took the time to figure out "deals" like this. I'm going to try it! I have 3 Wags within 5 miles of my house ~ lucky me! Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to roll my RRs more efficently but my Walgreens runs out the the weekly RR items early so if I don't get everything on Sunday, I may not get them at all. So here I am with $21 in RRs in hand! Oh well, I always find something to spend them on :) Has anyone found the True North nut clusters? I can only find the crisps at my stores.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa - You're welcome. Figuring out the Walgreens' scenario has become a game for me and my family. This weeks was an easy one - some weeks aren't so easy.

    CJ - I've only seen the Ture North crisps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the True North nut clusters today at Hampton. The are in the snack aisle (same aisle as the Crisps) top shelf, on the far right end. You would think they would be right next to the Crisps, but they're not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have learned to not spend more than $1 OOP money when I buy items at Walgreens. Instead, I always try to roll or make use of my RRs. It's so hard to resist the RRs I can get if I spend OOP money but I have been doing this for some time now and so far it works for me. At the beginning of the week I will have like (2) $4 RR then after rolling them with less than $1 OOP (usually for fillers we eat like Ramen noodles or canned tuna) I would get the same total amount of RRs and most times more than at the end of the week. It's funny but I call my RRs, investment so I use/roll them wisely to the max with the help of course of this blog of Ms. Jeri's and "googling" the Walgreens weekly preview ad so I will know if I can use my RRs the next week to get more RRs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Btw, I have been able to use RRs on buying Milk at Walgreens so it's a RR worth spent when it's about to expire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...when it's about to expire AND can't roll it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. coupon.girl - I love shopping at Walgreens for FREE. I also try to spend less that $1 out of pocket. Sometime I use my a RR to roll it into something I have alsolutely no use for just to keep them rolling. I can always find somewhere to donate the item I can't use.

    BTW - If you are still looking for one, I saw the Healthy Savings coupon booklet at the Kingshighway/Arsenal store yesterday. They had it rolled up and put where the Easy Saver Catalogs use to be with the weekly ads.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not found that coupon booklet yet. Thanks for this info. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The last time I went to Walgreens they said I could only do 3 trasactions in a row. And then if I used a RR to purchase another RR item, that RR would not print. Is this true?? Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brianna - I guess your store has the right to limit transactions. If I'm doing multiple transactions, I go to the beauty counter to check out. They seem to be more accomidating. And if someone comes up behind me to check out, I step aside and let them check out first.

    Most store do not understand how RR actually work and will tell you that because sometime it is true.

    If you use a RR to pay for a product from the same manufacturer a RR won't print, but if you use a RR to pay for a product from a different manufacturer a new one will print.

    When I hear this from a cashier and I know the RR and product are from different manufacturers, I ask the to give it a try and see what happens. I always get my RR that way (as long as the machine is working).

    ReplyDelete