Contact Me






Friday, November 13, 2009

FREE $10 Giftcard from Coinstar

Get an extra $10 when you take your coins to a Coinstar machine and change $40 for an eCertificate. See details HERE. Offer good through 12/6/09.

A reader sent me this info a few days ago. I hadn't used Coinstar before and I couldn't quite get a handle on how this worked. So last night, I had my husband get his coin jar and off we went to change in his coins. We printed out instructions and took them with us, but we didn't need to because the machine was easy to follow.

Here were my Questions:

What is it going to cost to change the coins? Nothing, when you choose an eCertificate.

What is a eCertificate? A slip of paper printed at the machine with a redemption code. This code can be used the same day it is issued.

What retailer's eCertificates can I get? See list of possible options HERE. The machine we used didn't have all the options available, but it had most of them.

How can I use the eCertificate? We chose an Eddie Bauer eCertificate and it is good at Eddie Bauer stores, online or through the catalog by calling the 800 number. I would imagine the other eCertifcates would have the same type of options.

How and when will I get the $10 Bonus giftcard? You need to submit the mail-in form attached to the eCertifiate, and the giftcard will be mailed 6 - 8 weeks after the from is received.

Can I choose an eCertificate for one retailer and the Bonus $10 from another? No, the bonus $10 is from the same retailer as the eCertificate we chose.

Can I get more than one $10 bonus ? No, one per household or name.

Use the Coinstar locator to not only find the where the machines are located, but also what eCertificates are available at that location.

Thanks, Jen for sending me this deal information!

I like your idea of getting $40 in coins at the bank to take advantage of this deal, but I didn't need to since my husband had way more than $40 in his coin jar.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, Jeri! I did this last year for the first time and was hoping they would do it again this year. $10 amazon.com eCert, here I come!

    ~Staci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staci - I'm going to have my oldest take $40 from his dads coin jar in when he is home for Thanksgiving. Now, if I can find a machine that he can get a Starbucks eCert from. He might need a jolt of Starbucks to get through finals.

    ReplyDelete