Contact Me






Sunday, December 6, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 12/7/09

Every week, I plan my menu with what I have in the pantry, fridge and freezer. So each week's grocery list is what I can buy for a great price, and I don't worry about how I'm going to use it.

Last week I got fresh spinach, yeast, a Boboli shell and chocolate chips for free. So, they are on the menu this week. I can't say I've ever used fresh spinach before and I'm not a baker, but I'm going to see if the family likes spinach salad and try my had at making homemade rolls. I won't have any problem figuring out what to do with the chocolate chips.

Monday: Tacos, refried beans

Tuesday: Dinner salads with crispy chicken, mandarin oranges and Chinese noodles.

Wednesday: Pot Roast, carrots and potatoes, biscuits

Thursday: Chili, corn bread

Friday: Clean out the fridge - there should be plenty of leftovers

Saturday: BBQ Chicken pizza, (I'm use a Boboli shell & skipping the peppers), spinach salad

Sunday: Ham, baked potatoes, green beans, homemade dinner rolls

If you would like more meal planning ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com

8 comments:

  1. :) Good luck with the rolls! Welcome to the world of baking bread:) Nothing is more like 'home' than the smell of fresh baked bread coming from your kitchen. Thanks for sharing your plan. Someday I'm going to jump on the bandwagon, but somehow I always talk myself out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll need some luck with the rolls. The only time I've tried to use yeast it was a disaster. But, with the free yeast and cheap flour, I don't have much to loose by trying until I get if figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeri, I have made a spinach pizza. Brush your crust with olive oil, lay spinach over the entire crust, top with olives, mushroom, and cheese (that was on sale a few weeks ago). It is delish...I've tried adding meat but for some reason I didn't like it. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy,

    Ymmm, your pizza sounds great. I just have two problems - my husband and son. I'm going to be lucky to get them to eat spinach. I already know what they will say about olives and mushrooms. I'll have to wait until the guys go camping and have the girls over to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We use fresh spinach in salads, soup and on pizza.

    Your menu look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you get the Boboli for free? Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly - I did a survey for Boboli and they sent me a coupon for a free product up to $5. I love the ease of Boboli shells and never see a coupon for them, so was very please to get this one.

    ReplyDelete