Contact Me






Friday, January 15, 2010

Saved 83% This Week

The longer I coupon, the less I need. It's gotten to the point it's not very hard to keep my spending on necessities to $40 or less a week. But, I'm having a harder time spending the last $10 of my budget on splurges. Maybe I should just save it for a freezer.

Shop 'n Save
I shopped on Thursday to take advantage of the $10 off $50, and used a $5 off $50 coupon from the Entertainment Book. $15 off my total before the cashier even scans my coupons.

The sodas were free with coupons from My Coke Rewards, and I received a $5 Catalina coupon from Kraft Parmesan to use next week.

Before sales & coupons: $75.91
Total spent: $13.18
Total saved: $57.88 for 81%

Dierbergs
I love this week's sale at Dierbergs - mushrooms, English Muffins and garlic bread for $1. Good thing Bounty paper towel was on sale; I was down to the last little bit on my last roll in my stockpile. I'm going to give the Marcal paper towel a try. The dog doesn't need good paper towel to get his muddy feet wiped up.

Before sales & coupons: $44.02
Total spent: $10.99
Total saved: $33.03 for 75%

Walgreens
This is a combinaton of my Saturday and Sunday shopping trips, so two weeks of ads in the picture. I sent my college age son 3 cans of soup and the Christmas candy fillers, so they are missing from the picture.

Before sales & coupons: $69.12
Total spent: $3.12
Total saved: $66.00 for 95%

Aldi
Fruit prices have been really good at Aldi. My family is loving the .99 pineapples and the .39 grapefruit.

Comparable Schnucks price: $23.85
Aldi price: $12.67
Total saved: $11.18 for 47%

Weekly Totals
Before sales & coupons: $208.05
Total spent: $39.96 - $5 in rebates I receive this week = $34.96
Total saved: $173.09 for 83% savings

Year to Date Totals

Spent: $70.63 ($35 weekly average)
Saved: $266.03 ($133 weekly average)

Splurge funds: $29.37

8 comments:

  1. *The dog doesn't need good paper towel to get his muddy feet wiped up.*---LOL! One paper towel would barely get one paw clean w/our 2 dogs. Old raggy towels for them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to add--wtg on your savings this week. And I have to laugh about not being able to spend your splurge money. I'm the same way. I think saving it for a freezer is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such and awesome job! If I didn't have a freezer I would be up a creek. Gotta have one for all of those Birdseye steam fresh veggies for 30 cents each (oh and the husbands yucky deer meat).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I don't know how u manage all these...but hats off to u lady....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shoppers at Jewels (SuperValu) get the 'free' freezer deal from time to time. One buys the 'no-name' small chest freezer for a less than two hundred and receives store coupons for free items. For what I read it's toss on whether the deal is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spice - It's really not hard, I just buy whats on sale and use coupons.

    Lynda - I had to pass on the .30 veggies this week because of no room in the freezer. Thanks goodnes I don't have to worry about storing deer meat.

    kas - I've read about that freeze deal too. People go crazy over it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought 3/$1 grapefruit at Dierberg's this week... Keep your eye on that, it didn't seem like a weekly sale item but a new lower price.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeri,

    Just wanted to let you know that I selected your blog as the winner of the Cha-Ching Challenge Highlight this week. You can see my post highlighting your blog at www.chachingonashoestring.com.

    Great job and thanks for entering!

    ReplyDelete