Contact Me






Monday, February 8, 2010

Shop 'n Save Deals: 2/8/10 - 2/13/10

It's Back! $10 off $50 purchase, Thursday 2/11/10

$10 will automatically be deducted from your total when you spend $50 before coupons.

Don't miss the manufacturer's coupon in the ad - $3 off Huggies Diapers Big Pack (expires 3/7). Since this is a manufacturer's coupon it can be use at any retailer that excepts coupons.

Take a look at this week's ad HERE.

Remember:
1. $10 off $50 purchase this Thursday. (with a few restrictions listed in ad)
2. Shop 'n Save does not double coupons.
3. Shop 'n Save accepts internet printable coupons up to 50% of the product retail price. (** I've noted coupons that are over 50% of the sale price in the match-ups.) Take a look at Shop 'n Save Internet Printable Coupon Acceptance Policy.
4. Thursday price - purchase right at $50 of groceries and save 20% before coupons.


:: Kellogg's Catalina Deal ::
Save $10 on your next shopping order when you buy (10) Kellogg's items in a single transaction.

Kellogg's Fiber Plus Bars - $2
.75 - 1/31/09 RP

Kellogg's Special K Bars - $2
$1 off 2 - 1/3/10 RP

Frosted Mini Wheats - $2.50
$1.50 off 2 - HERE

Rice Krispies or Froot Loops - $2.50
Pop-Tarts - $2.50
Rice Krispie Treats - $2
Cinnabon Snack Bars - $2

Deal Idea
purchase (4) Fiber Plus Bars @$2 = $8
purchase (4) Special K Bars @$2 = $8
purchase (2) Mini Wheats @$2.50 = $5
use (4) .75 Fiber Plus coupons -$3
use (2) $1 off 2 Special K coupons -$2
use (1) $1 off 2 Mini Wheats coupon -$1
20% Thursday discount when you spend just $50 - $4.20
= $10.80 out of pocket
receive $10 Catalina coupon to use on your next order
Final cost: .80 for (4) boxes of cereal bars and (2) boxes of cereal!


:: Coupon Match-Ups ::

Trans Ocean Imitation Crab Meat, 8 oz. - $1 (while supplies last)
$1 - HERE **
Final price: FREE
This coupon is obviously over 50% of the price. Before you shop, ask the manager at your store if they will accept this coupon - it come from the manufacturer's web site.

Post Raisin Bran - $1.98
$2 - HERE
Final price: FREE
Again, this coupon is over 50% of the price. Ask the manager if they will accept it - it if from the manufacturer's web site.

Bumble Bee Chunk Light Tuna, 5 oz. can - .50
$1 off 5 - HERE
Final price: .30 each when you buy 5
Thursday price: .20 each when you buy 5

Del Monte Vegetables - .64
$1 off 5 - 2/7/10 RP
Final price: .44 each when you buy 5
Thursday price: .31 each when you buy 5

Friskies Cat Food, 5.5 oz. can - .50
$1 off 15 - 2/7/10 RP
Final price: .43 each when you buy 15
Thursday price: .33 each when you buy 15

Del Monte Tomatoes, 14.5 oz. - .88
$1 off 4 - 2/7/10 RP
Final price: .63 each when you buy 4
Thursday price: .45 each when you buy 4

Michelina's Entrees - $1
$1 off 5 - HERE
Final price: .80 each when you buy 5
Thursday price: .60 each when you buy 5

Prairie Farms Cottage Cheese, 16 oz. - $1.38
.35 - HERE
Final price: $1.03 each
Thursday price: .75 each

Sunny Delight, 64 oz. - $1.38
.25 - 2/7/10 SS
Final price: $1.13 each
Thursday price: .85 each

Del Monte Fruit - $1.33
$1 off 5 - 2/7/10 RP
Final price: $1.13 each when you buy 5
Thursday price: .86 each when you buy 5

Hunt's Tomatoes, 28 oz. - $1.50
$1 off 3 - HERE (play the game to get coupon)
or .45 off 3 - 1/24/10 SS
Final price: $1.17 to $1.35 each when you buy 3
Thursday price: .87 to $1.05 each when you buy 3

Jack's Pizza - $2
.40 - 1/24/10 SS
Final price: $1.60 each
Thursday price: $1.20 each


Marie Callender's Pasta Al Dente - $2.50
.75 - HERE
Final price: $1.75 each
Thursday price: $1.25 each

Spedd's Spread Country Crock Margarine, 45 oz. - $2.88
$1 - HERE
.50 - HERE
or .40 - 12/6/09 RP
Final price: $1.88 to $2.48 each
Thursday price: $1.30 to $1.90 each


Edy's Ice Cream - $3
$1 - 1/31/10 SS
Final price: $2 each
Thursday price: $1.40 each


Nestle Butterfinger Hearts or Crunch Hearts - $2.50
$1 off 2 - HERE
Final price: $2 each when you buy 2
Thursday price: $1.50 each when you buy 2

DiGiorno Pizza - $2.50
For One, Portion Control or Flatbread
$1 off 200 Calorie - 1/3/10 SS
Final price: $1.50 each
Thanks, Jennifer!

Prairie Farms Ice Cream, 4 qt. pail - $4.98
$1 off 2 - 1/24/10 RP
Final price: $4.48 each when you buy 2
Thursday price: $3.48 each when you buy 2

Purina Dog Chow, 17.6 to 20 lb. - $10.98
$1.50 - 2/7/10 RP
Final price: $9.48 each
Thursday price: $7.28 each


:: Other Good Deals ::

Fresh Express Complete Salads - $2.50

Shop 'n Save Cheese, 8 oz. - $1
Shop 'n Save Cheese Singles, 10 oz. - $1
Ruffles Potato Chips - $1.98

25 comments:

  1. They also have the Digiorno single serve pizzas on sale for $2.50 and there are $1.00 coupons from one of the Sunday suppliments that expire 2/28/10.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jennifer!

    I missed that coupon. I'll add it to the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://solutions.delmonte.com/
    You can print $1/4 coupon for Del Monte vegetables from the website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My High Ridge Shop n Save would not let me use
    my $2 off post internet coupon because it was more than 50%. Also thought I would mention the 20lb Tidy cat is on sale for $6.77 with a $1 off
    in the 2/7/10 insert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tracy - Wow! You're an early bird. I still haven't had enough coffee to head out shopping.

    Thanks for sharing. I never know whether to include the over 50% printable coupons in my match-ups. Some stores accept them and some don't. I hope it didn't cause you any problems.

    Also, thanks for the Tidy Cat match-up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just my opinion - I am not sure why we are trying to use IPs > 50% of value. It is clearly against a written policy. It is not like a YMMV with Walgreens where there is no written policy.
    Most of us seem to try and do the deals legit, then I read about trying to use them - it doesn't seem right...
    Just my opinion, please don't flame me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great day at Shop n Save. Went to two but couldn't find the flyer with coupons. Anyway I am not sure what flagged it but I got a $2 catalina on my next order from Del Monte. I bought the Del Monte Tomatoes and the Vegetables. It was great to go along with the $10 I got for the Kelloggs deal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I consider myself to be and honest couponer. But I feel it's up to the store to enforce it's own policies, written or not. The policies should be in writing at the stores, not just on the websites. Employees we've contacted can't agree if the 50% limit is based on regular or sale price, so how can we follow a policy that even they aren't sure about? I know my printed coupons are legitimate so I should be able to use them the same as if they were insert coupons. Everyone should do what feels right for them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the store just wants the right to refuse questionable coupons. Most of the coupons are legit, but I think it's fair for them to read them and decide if they can honestly get the money from the manufacturer. For example, I received my coupons for free Golden Oreos from Facebook. The manager accepted them. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also, I found on sale:
    Ronzoni Smart Taste 1.57-.75 coupon
    Kahiki 3.98-2.00 coupon
    Riceland 1.08-.50 coupon
    Grande chips 2/$4 -1 (but didn't do--have enough Tositos!)
    Arnold Soft Bread 1.78-.55 (love this bread)
    Thought this might help other shoppers. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally, off-topic, I received a scanner from Homescan, thinking this would be a great way to earn prizes, but it turns out you have to scan each item, then say if you used a coupon, how much, etc. I can't imagine how long this would take and maybe it would give Shop and Save too much information about these saving methods. I'm sending it back! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Andrea - I respect and understand you opinion about coupons over 50% of the sale price. I also understand why SNS has a IP policy - to decrease their chances of a finacial loss.

    I'm very carefull about using or posting IP's. I make sure they are legitimate. So, I have no problem asking a manager if they will accept an IP over 50% of the sale price, but I always tell them where I printed it from - manf. site, coupons.com, ect. The managers I've talked to have been very receptive to accept them. They want me to spend my money/coupons at their store.

    I agree with CJ. I've heard form SNS employees the 50% rule is sale price and from others shelf price. There is a lot of "gray" in the policy.

    I think all of us want to get a good deal and also have the retailer reinbursed for the coupon. And, as CJ said do what right for us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Kelly

    I couldn't get a good plan together for SNS so was going to skip them this week, but if Kahiki for $1.99 ...

    I better see if I can find room in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Lynda - I hadn't heard about a Del Monte Cat. Thanks for passing on the info.

    I found a Del Monte Deal for Albertson. See Coupon Gals blog http://cassiacoupongals.blogspot.com/2010/02/del-monte-catalina-deal-at-albertsons.html

    It's anyones guess what the dates are for the Cat at SNS.

    Buy Qualifying Del Monte Products, (Products Include: Mixed Vegetables 14.5 0z, Tomatoes 14.5 oz, Carrots 14.5 oz, Green Beans 14.5 oz, Beets 14.5 oz, White Potatoes 14.5 oz, Corn 14.75 or 15.25 oz, Peas 15 oz) between 2/7-2/20, and receive a Catalina coupon off your next order.

    Buy 3-4 & Get $1 Catalina
    Buy 5 & Get $1.50 Catalina
    Buy 6 (or more) & Get$2.00 Catalina

    Thanks, Danette and Nicole at Coupon Gals!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh - Thanks for the Cat deal and the other deals Kelly!

    I understand asking about using a legitimate IP, I would want to take Qs if I were a Mgr. I agree, everyone does what they are comfortable with.

    SNS does not have shelf and sale prices that I can tell. They change prices weekly (unfortunately I can't keep up with a price book for them....) So, I would say it is 50% of the price that day....

    Oh how I wish they would stop changing the price of the Healthy Balance Juice : (

    ReplyDelete
  16. We so love the Kahiki, thanks for introducing it to us! If I had relied on their ad this week, I wouldn't have gone either. But I took a leap of faith and my 23-month old and stocked up! Spent $40 for over $110 dollars worth of food. If it were summer, I wouldn't had spent so much, but it's nice to have extras with bad winter always around the corner. Now, my local Save-A-Lot has a $5 off $25 meat purchase (ad in the Tri-County paper) and ground beef is 1.99! Plus NY strip is 5.99. I found the quality to be good, so off I go there as well. The problem is: freezer is very full. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the extra info Kelly!! It really helps when everyone works together!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just got back for SNS and wouldn't have gone if it weren't for the Kahiki.

    I really appreciate everyones contribution and comments. Between all of us there are a lot of feet on the ground and bodies in the stores to find the great deals that almost never get advertised. Thanks so much everyone!

    And, now for another Catalina. I purchased (10) boxes of cereal to get the $10 Cat. and not only did I get that one but a $4 Cat also. I love surprises, but come on advertise the great deals.
    The Catalina coupon had all the details on it -I'll write it up in a seperate post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kahiki for $1.99? I better make more room in the freezer.....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi CJ - I'm going to fill up your freezer. The Kahiki idividual sized dinners and egg rolls are on sale too. Final price $1 each with coupon from the 2/7/10 SS.

    Good news is, you have a couple of weeks to find space in the freezer. Both the family size and individual sized dinners are on sale through 2/27!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jeri - Well the freezer is full again after getting 2 bags of Kahiki today. Good thing the sale is til the end of the month, I'll have room by then for more!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, you all have convinced me to try Kahiki. Have to figure out the freezer though.

    Also, I am a member of Homescan and I love it. I do some really odd deals and it still only takes me a max of ten minutes to enter at least 7 different big purchases. Thursday I did two Shop N Save trips - used the 5 off 50 Entertainment, the 10 off 50, Free Oreas and Free Cakesters if I buy oreos, and tons more. Even a cat to pay. I spent 27 for 245. Even did Schucks and the biscuits. My hubby is extremely math and organization challenge and he can do it. I am shocked. He is an artist.

    My point is, the program is really easy and takes little time - rewards are great. Also, nielsen has been sending this info for a long time and the deals have just gotten better. The manufacturers need this info to offer us what we want at a reasonable price. The stores also plus they get a great deal of the info already through there inventory systems. Nielsen is for the large picture - the story systems are for the chain. There was an article in the Wall Street Journal this week about the use of coupons. That data was phenomenal and came from nielsen. Check the Nielsen site and they provide a breakdown of where the data goes and what for.

    Rhonda Gravemann

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kelly, if you have questions please contact me. Jeri has my email address. It really is a good program.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Rhonda - Great job at SNS.

    I was meaning to respond to Kelly about Homesan and forgot. I think the program sounds interesting and have signed up before, but have never gotten choosen. But, I also understand Kelly's opinion. I have a freind who works for a company that gathers scan data. She could probably tell what kind of beer her husband bought before he got home with it.

    I saw the Wall Street Journal article also. I have always wanted to calculate what my savings actually means in extra income to my family. Now, I'm really going to have to figure the $$ amount.

    ReplyDelete