Contact Me






Sunday, March 7, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 3/8/10

I'm instituting a new theme night at our house. Spring has always been a really busy time of year for my family, and this year looks to be no different. So "Every Man for Himself Nights" will be on the menu. There is always a leftover or two, or something quick to fix in the house. With just myself, my husband and a teenager, everyone is capable of fending for themselves.

Monday: Baked Potato Soup, pineapple

Tuesday: Biscuits and Sausage Gravy, orange juice

Wednesday: Every Man for Himself Night

Thursday: Beef stew, biscuits, fruit

Friday: General Tso Chicken, broccoli, egg rolls

Saturday: BBQ baby back ribs, baked potatoes, cole slaw, applesauce

Sunday: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes & gravy, veggie

If you would like more meal planning ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com

7 comments:

  1. Jeri,

    Good Morning!! I get a kick out of your menu this week. You seem to be doing what I am doing - incorporating biscuits from the Schnucks catalina and way you can. I have some really creative recipes if interested. Also, yesterday I made French Beef Stew in the crockpot delicious. And, I have a new recipe for BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf that everyone is raving about. Email me if you are interested in putting a little twist in your main dishes.

    Rhonda Linebarger-Gravemann
    (friend me on FB if you want and you can see what I have been cooking each week.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda - Yep, you have it right. I'm trying to use those Grands!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeri,

    FYI, you can freeze those grands. I froze some of mine. Open the can, wrap in Saran Wrap and then vaccuum down in a food saver or put in a Freebie Ziploc Bags we got at Schnucks. Great minds think and shop alike.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I threw some in the freezer can and all. I figured I had nothing to lose if it didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeri I do believe I tried that once and when they thawed they exploded everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I throw my biscuits right in the freezer and thaw them on the counter for about an hour. I have not had them explode but they (so far) do not make that 'pop' when you peel the cardboard back. In fact, on most of the frozen ones, I have to cut the cardboard off to get the rolls out. But the rolls themselves seem unaffected from the freezer. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All this discussion about freezeing my biscuits is making me paranoid. Last night, my husband asked if I had heard "that" noise. I immediatly got up and went to check the freezer to see if my biscuits had exploded.

    ReplyDelete