Contact Me






Saturday, March 13, 2010

Walgreens Deals - Week of 3/14/10

Sale prices good March 14 - 20, 2010

The Girl Scouts' April Showers is coming up next month. If your not familiar with April Showers, the Girl Scout's deliver bags to your door asking for donations of personal products, and then the following week pick them. We probably all have plenty of personal products to share already, but keep the Girl Scout's in mind the next few weeks as you look at the Drugstore deals.

I highlight only the best deals. Take a look at Walgreens' full ad here -as of Sunday. Or a scan of the ad at I Heart Wags.


:: Free this Week ::

Colgate Toothpaste - $3.99
Total Advanced, Enamel Strength, or Sensitive
$1 - off Total Advanced or Enamel Strength 3/7/10 SS
or $1 off Sensitive - HERE
Receive $4 Register Reward (Colgate- Palmolive)
Final cost: $1 Money-Maker after coupon and Register Reward

Hershey's Candy - .49 with in-ad coupon
.55 off Reese's Dark Peanut Butter Cups - 3/13/10 SS
Final price: FREE
Give the manufacturer coupon to the cashier before the in-ad coupon.

Bic Brightliner Highlighters - .49 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 2 - 8/9/09 SS
Final price: 2 FREE

Neosporin - $4
Band-Aid Bandages - $3
Buy $10 or more, receive $3 Register Reward (Johnson & Johnson)
$1 off Neosporin - 1/3/10 RP
$3 off when you buy Neosporin and Band-Aids - 2/21/10 SS
$2 off Neosporin - Walgreen Coupon in Children's Activity Book (if you were lucky an found this book)

Deal Idea
purchase (2) Neosporin $8
purchase (1) Band-Aid $3
use (1 ) Neosporin coupon -$1
use (1) Neosprorin and Band-Aid coupon -$3
use Walgreeen Neosporin coupon from Activity book -$4 (one coupon will deduct for as many as you purchased)
receive Register Reward -$3
Final price: FREE after coupon & Register Reward


:: Cheap this Week ::

Sudafed PE or Tylenol Cold or Allergy Relief - $4.99 (buy 2)
$3 off 2 - 1/3/10 RP
Receive $5 Register Reward when you buy 2 (McNeil)
Final cost: .99 each when you buy 2 after coupon & Register Reward

Vick's NyQuil, DayQuil, VapoPads, VapoSyrup or Formula 44 - $5 (buy 4)
$1.50 off any Vick's Products - 2/21/10 P&G and 3/7/10 P&G
or $1.50 off DayQuil or NyQuil - 2/7/10 P&G
Receive $5 Register Reward when you buy 2 (P&G)
Final cost: $1 each when you buy 4 after (4) coupon and Register Reward

Hallmark Cards - $1.50 or higher
.44 off with in-ad coupon
Final price: $1.06 or more

Select Kellogg's Cereal - $1.99
Raisin Bran, Rice Krispies and Frosted Flakes pictured in ad
$1.50 off 2 Raisin Bran - HERE
$1 off 2 Raisin Bran - 3/7/10 RP
Final price: $1.24 to $1.49 each when you buy 2

Soft Scrub - $2.99
$1.50 off Soft Scrub Total - 3/7/10 RP
Final price: $1.49 each

Finish Electrasol, 20 pack or Jet-Dry 8.45 oz. - $3.49
.75 off Jet-Dry - HERE
.50 -off Finish Electralsol - HERE
Get $1 Register Reward (Reckitt Benckiser)
Final cost: $1.74 to $1.99 each after coupon & Register Reward

Quilted Northern Bathroom Tissue, 9 big rolls - $3.99
.50 - 3/14/10 RP
Final price: $3.49
Qualifies for GP Everyday Essentials Rebate

Playtex Tampons, 36 pack GentleGlide or Sport - $6.99
$1 off Playtex Sport - HERE
Receive $2 Register Reward (Playtex Products)
Final cost: $3.99 each after coupon & Register Reward

Prevacid, 42 ct - 25.99 with in-ad coupon
$10.00 - 3/14/10 Parade Magazine
Final price: $15.99 each
Thanks, Nancy H!


:: Filler Ideas ::

Royal Gelatin - .20 with in-ad coupon
Scotch Mailer - .34 with in-ad coupon
Easter Candy, 1.2 oz. Hershey Bunny, Cadbury Egg or Reese'a Egg - .39 with in-ad coupon
Pilot G2 Pen, 2 pack - .99 with in-ad coupon

23 comments:

  1. I found this MQ at the 7-Eleven on Watson. Given 7-Eleven is stated in small type on the back side, usage is a YMMV.

    B1 20 oz. Coca-Cola and B1 Reese Peanut Butter Cups 1.5 oz. Save $1.00

    $1.34 + .49 = $1.83 - 1.00 = $.83 plus tax

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coupon for the 3.00 off Neosporin any AND Johnson & Johnson Band Aid Brand product in in the 02-21 SS Nancy H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, kas!

    Thanks, Nancy H! Sorry to send you on a coupon hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I went to Wags this morning I had my coupons in the order I wanted and she rearranged them. She took off the Reeses Wags ad first and then the .55 cent coupon but it worked. It's the little things that make you happy. So I ended up making .36 cents for the six Reeses. The husband will be happy. He loves those dark chocalates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda - I'm glad it worked. My husband's favorite candy is Reese's he will be happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got back from Wags and went to cosmetics. They never seem to rearrange! I think the Prevacid 42 count is a good deal. The advertised price is 25.99 and with the $10 off from Parade and somewhere else it is 15.99. My husband is going to try it. Nancy H.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Went to Target this morning. Since I don't have the Wags Activity book, I checked their price on Neosporin .5 oz which is $3.89 and Band Aid 40 ct. which is $1.50. These are their reg. prices. I bought (2) band aids & (1) Neosporin ointment. Used $3 off Neosporin & Band aid Q, $1 Band Aid manufacturer's Q and (2) $1 Band aid Target Qs. Got 5 cents credit on recyclable bag. Paid 91cents including tax on the 3 items. And I don't have to worry how to use/roll over a RR. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. coupon.girl - Thanks for the Target deal info. I think I'll save my coups for Target instead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're welcome, CJ. If these items at Target go on sale before the Qs expire, you might be able to get them for free. :)

    Btw, at Target, I looked and looked for the Gillette Body wash which was priced for less than $2 but I could not find them. I looked everywhere. Are they gone? :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. coupon.girl- At the Kirkwood Target a couple weeks ago I found them on a plastic hanging display rack one aisle over from the the rest of the body washes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nancy H - Thanks, I'll add Prevacid to the match-ups. I looked for another $10 coupon besides the Parade Mag. Do you think it might have been in the Freebie Journal SS insert?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Coupon.girl - I like your idea of buying Neosporin and Bandaids at Target - especially waiting for a sale.

    The Hampton Village Target had the Gillette Body Wash and Deodorant on a rack like CJ describe for the Kirkwood store. I saw them the week I posted about them and haven't seen them since. The rack they were on is also gone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jeri, It might have been. I may have been in Parade two weeks in a row. IDK. I forgot to mention I got a $10 off coupon for Pervacid when I checked out from Walgreens. Nancy H

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad it's almost time for April Showers, my donation box is overflowing! I think Prevacid was in the Parade two weeks in a row. I was hoping we'd get the rebate form this week but we didn't :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi jerri, is cat deal on kleenex is working in wags also...

    thanks,
    spice

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Spice - I've heard Kleenex is triggering a RR at Wags (same amounts as the Cats). But, I haven't tried it.

    There is an in-ad coupon this week at Wags - Kleenex for .89 a box. But, the limit is 3. Your cashier might let you buy 6 or they might not. Some stores doen't care about the limits at all, others are quite the sticklers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I went to the Walgreens at Gravois and Hampton last night and tried to take advantage of the Sudafed/Tylenol deal ($3 off 2 mfr coupon + $5 RR for buying 2) and the RR didn't print. I was told by the manager that using a mfr coupon "cancels out" the RR and it won't print.

    I had already caused a bit of trouble with my Colgate RR not printing so I took her word for it, but has anyone else had this trouble before? I'm not a Walgreens pro by any means, but I was surprised by this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi God and Chocolate -

    I've only been to the Gravois and Hampton store a few times. But, I'll never forget hearing a customer going round and round with a manager about her RR not printing. I wanted to interupt the conversation and tell that manager to look across the street to CVS. They don't make excuses they just fix the problem.

    Manufacturer coupons do not cancel out the RR. The only time a RR is canceled out is when you use a RR to pay with and it's from the same manufacutrer and for the same dollar amount of the RR that should print.

    My advise is to call Walgreens Corp. with a complaint and to shop at a different store. There are Walgreens that are coupon friendly and managers that will work to get a problem fixed. Email me if you want some suggestions of "good" Walgreens in the City.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Did anyone already mention that Rimmel cosmetics are 50% off at Wags this week? There's a $3.00 off any Rimmel mascara Q in the March All You mag. Just paid 53 cents for a $6.99 mascara!! YAY! Not sure how long this sale will last, but the Q is only good until 3/31 anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Theresa - You got a great deal. I missed that one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Speaking of April Showers, the week of April 4 Wags will have "U by Kotex" (new line of products) pads, liners and tampons on sale for $3.49 with a $2.50 RR. Will be free with the $1 on any Kotex product IPs that have been on coupons.com or $1 coupons included with mailed samples. If you dont need them, consider picking up some for the April Showers collection.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks CJ for the heads up! I hope everyone gets a big bag of goodies together for the Girl Scouts April Showers.

    ReplyDelete