Contact Me






Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Shopping Plans

Many readers have asked how I stay withing my budget each week and save so much. I've started to post my weekly shopping plans, so everyone can see my thought process for shopping and saving.

Here is what I plan to shop for this week:

Aldi - As always, I start my shopping week at Aldi to pick up the basics and cheap produce. Milk, bread, eggs, creamer and broccoli this week. I would like to get back and see if my store has Strawberries. I saw a TV ad for Aldi advertising them for 99 cents. Spent: $10.00

CVS and Walgreens - I like to stop at least one of the drugstores on Sunday to pick up the "freebies", but this Sunday I was busy and was lucky to get to Aldi. Nothing at either store interests me too much, so will bypass them both.

Shop 'n Save - Since there is no $10 of $5o and I'm not a big fan of Conagra products, I was going to stop only for Kellogg's cereal. But, Schnucks has the Extra Savings deal on Pebbles, so I can mark Shop 'n Save off my list of stops.

Schnucks - I stopped earlier in the week for free Solo Cups, and as a bonus found beer rebates. I have lots of Durkee marinade that I picked free last summer, so I'm keeping my coupons in hopes of using it on some other Durkee product. Projected to spend: $12.50
  • Grande Chips
  • Whole Chicken
  • Pebbles
  • Bakery Buns - not on sale, just need them for burgers this weekend


Dierbergs - Once again, Dierbergs sales are the most interesting to me and I've been waiting for bounty to go on sale. Projected spending: $10.00

  • Bounty
  • Fruit Roll Ups - I can't believe my teens still love these
  • Scotch Brite Sponges
  • Broccoli
  • Cole Slaw Mix
  • Mushrooms
  • English Muffins
I'm under budget with my plan. I'll think about picking up some "family favorites" that never go on sale with the rest of my money.

What are you shopping for this week?

11 comments:

  1. The checker at my Aldi said that strawberries should be $.99 until May 1st - since it is a TV ad. My Aldi had a limit of 2 per customer.

    How many people do you typically cook for during a typical week? Do you use your splurge fund for entertaining?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Aldi is out of strawberries almost every time I go, especially if they are .99.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped at Schnucks for free marinades (since I'm out) and the .88 Lay's. I used my 1.50 off Kashi coupons at Target, combined with the 1.50 off 3 Kashi cereals (.92 per box). I will probably shop at Dierbergs tomorrow--spinach, bounty and I printed a $3 off President Brie coupon that I'm dying to check out. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. we live about 25 minutes from an aldi's, schnucks, and diebergs so i take the ads to wal-mart for a price match. i bought 6 clam shells of strawberries today - no limit. time for some jam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly - I'm glad you saw that $3 President Cheese coupon. I didn't post it because I couldn't link to it from their website. Nothing wrong with the coupon, I've just made it my policy not to like to coupons I don't know where they come from. But, I was thinking of you when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tash Roe - I'm just the opposite from you. Adi, Schnucks and Deirbergs are close, Walmart is the 20 minute trip. I would price match in your location too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I shop at Target today and got some great deals.
    Scrubbing Bubbles Daily Shower Power Sprayer on sale for $7.99- $5.00(coupon)=$2.99
    Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom Cleaner(2)at $2.49-$2.00(coupon on 2 items)(in store)=$3.00 plus A free Target gift card for $5.00 with the purchase of three Scrubbing Bubbles items. Seventh Generation Disinfecting Wipes $2.69-$1.00(coupon)=$1.69, Clorox Green Works Dishwashing Liquid $2.49-$.50(coupon)=$2.00and Glade Sense & Spray $5.99-$3.00(coupon)=$2.99. I also get the $5.00 rebate from SC Johnson on three of the items.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm done shopping this week. Next week I'll get the RR freebies at Wags and will hit the grocery stores to use my free Sun Chips, YoPlus, Sobe and Ore-Ida coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you get all those free coupons?
    MS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for sharing you shopping plans. I always love to see the deals everyone else is getting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. MS - The free Ore-Ida and Sobe coupons are catalinas from Schnucks and Dierbergs. The Sun Chips was from a promo on Facebook. And the YoPlus was from a rebate. They just all happen to expire this week.

    ReplyDelete