Contact Me






Friday, April 23, 2010

Saved 69% This Week

I didn't save a ton of money this week, but two of My Favorite Things were on sale. I was definitely doing the Julie Andrew Happy Dance.


Schnucks
I loved picking up the free solo cups, but they don't feel very Earth-friendly even though they say they are made of 20% post-consumer recycled content.

Before sales & coupons: $63.67
Total spent: $12.30
Total saved: $51.37 for 81%

Dierbergs
Finally, Bounty on sale. I'm going to put a roll of Bounty under the sink (for me to use) and leave the Smart Steps on the counter. My family sure goes through less of the cheap paper towel. The guys in the family have finally learned not to blow their noses on paper towel. Thank you, Smart Steps!

Before sales & coupons: $32.80
Total spent: $12.23
Total saved: $20.57 for 63%

Aldi
I did stop back and pick up some 99 cent strawberries that aren't in the picuture.

Comparable Schnuck price: $15.48
Total spent: $10.58
Total saved $4.90 for 32%


My Splurge
I really like Schnucks' bakery buns, and since my husband listed Hollandaise Sauce Mix as one of his favorite things, I may as well spend some of my "splurge funds."

Spent: $5.97

Weekly Totals
Before sales & coupons: $111.95
Total spent: $35.11
Total saved: $76.84 for 69%

Year to Date Totals
Spent: $677.74 ($42 weekly average)
Saved: $2260.95 ($141 weekly average)

Splurge Funds: $113.66

8 comments:

  1. What are the tortilla chips that you got at Schnucks? What was the deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL about your guys using paper towels for blowing their noses! My hubby does the same thing but he HAS to have Bounty for it. **rolling eyes**

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is up with men doing that??? I have Kleenex sitting there (that were free) but they choose pt instead. I keep seeing that splurge fund going up so maybe by the end of the year you will be able to get that freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Grande chips were 2 for $4 at Schnucks, and last weekend's paper had $1 off one coupons, so $1 per bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have brothers, so when I had two boys, I had a lot to learn. There are certain things that must be hardwired in guys and blowing their nose on Bounty is one of them.

    Lynda - I'm planning on my freezer before Eckerts peaches are in season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeri, I also didn't have brothers. More than making up for it now w/four boys! My boys don't do the Bounty thing; neither did my dad--he used an old-fashioned hankie! Maybe I can train hubby to do that???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeri, I think the Bare cups are recyclable, I checked my Allied Waste recycling sheet and it says that #1 plastic is accepted, so at least they won't end up in the garbage :) Oh, also I bought 4 lunchable subs using my $1 cats that printed out the other day and got back 4 more today at dierbergs :) I also tried one of the Blue Bunny personals frozen yogurts and it was mind numbingly good- Carmel Praline.

    ReplyDelete