Contact Me






Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Shop 'n Save Deals: 5/10/10 - 5/15/10


$10 off $50 purchase, Thursday 5/13/10 ($10 will automatically be deducted from your total when you spend $50 before coupons. )

Take a look at this week's ad HERE.

Remember:
1. $10 off $50 purchase this Thursday (with a few restrictions listed in ad)
2. Shop 'n Save does not double coupons.
3. Shop 'n Save accepts internet printable coupons up to 50% of the product retail price. (** I've noted coupons that are over 50% of the sale price in the match-ups.) Take a look at Shop 'n Save Internet Printable Coupon Acceptance Policy.
4. Thursday price - purchase right at $50 of groceries and save 20% before coupons.


:: Coupon Match-Ups ::

Ken's Salad Dressing - .88 (limit 4 with additional $10 purchase)
$1 - 5/9/10 SS
Final price: FREE

KC Masterpiece Barbecue Sauce - $1.50
$1 - 3/14/10 SS and 5/9/10 SS
Final price: .50 each
Thursday price: .20 each

Hunter Meat Hot Dogs - .98
$1 off 2 - 4/25/10 SS
Final price: .48 each when you buy 2
Thursday price: .28 each when you buy 2

Glaceau Vitamin Water - $1
$1 off 2 - 4/25/10 SS
Final price: .50 each
Thursday price: .30 each


Small Steps Napkins, 250 ct. - $1.98
$1 - 4/25/10 SS
Final price: .98 each
Thursday price: .58 each


Reser's Salads - $1.49 lb.
Cole Slaw, Macaroni Salad, Mustard or Original Potato Salads
.55 printable coupon for any Reser's Deli Salad
Final price: .94 each for a 1 lb. container
Thursday price: .64 each for a 1 lb. container

Prairie Farms Cottage Cheese, 16 oz. - $1.50
.35 printable coupon for Prairie Farms Cottage Cheese
or .35 - 4/25/10 RP
Final price: $1.15 each
Thursday price: .85 each

Drumsticks, 4 ct - $2.50
$1 - 5/2/10 SS
Final price: $1.50 each
Thursday price: $1 each

Hunter Bologna or Salami - $2
$1 off 2 - 4/25/10 SS
Final price: $1.50 each when you buy 2
Thursday price: $1.10 each when you buy 2

Hunter Smoked Sausage - $4
$1 of 2 - 4/25/10 SS
Final price: $1.50 each when you buy 2
Thursday price: $1.10 each when you buy 2

Classico Pasta Sauce - $2.50
$1 off 2 printable coupon for Classico Pasta Sauce
Final price: $2 each
Thursday price: $1.50 each

North Star Ice Cream Sandwiches, 12 ct. - $3
.50 coupon in the St Louis Family Attraction Card
Final price: $2.50 each
Thursday price: $1.90 each


:: Old El Paso Catalina Deal ::
Buy (3) Old El Paso items get $1 off your next beef or chicken purchase.
Buy (6) Old El Paso items get $3 off your next beef or chicken purchase.

Seasoning - .88
Refried Beans - $1.23
Taco Shells - $1.50

Coupons
$1 off 2 Old El Paso products - tearpad coupon found with Corona Beer display
$1 off 2 Old El Paso product - peelie
$1 off refried beans when you buy 2 Old El Paso products - peelie

There are some good possibilities here depending on which coupons you find.

(Thanks, Samantha and kas!)


:: California Pizza Catalina Deal ::
Buy (2) California Pizza and get $1 coupon for your next shopping trip.

California Pizza - $5
$1 - 5/2/10 SS
Final price: $4 each
Thursday price: $3 each
Final cost after coupon and Catalina $2.50 each when you buy 2

Note: California Pizza is part of the National Catalina Events. They could possibly be producing these Catlainas also:
Buy (3) get $2
Buy (4+ ) get $3

Confirmed working (Thanks, Maureen!)


:: General Mills Catalina Deal ::
Save $5 on your next shopping trip when you buy $20 worth of participating General Mills products. Plus get 50 bonus Box Tops.

Totino's Pizza Rolls - $1
$1 off 2 printable coupon for Totino's Products (when you share coupon with three friends)
or .40 off 2 - 4/18/10 SS
Final price: .50 to .8o each when you buy 2
Thursday price: .30 to .60 each when you buy 2

Yoplait Yogurt cups - .50
.40 off 6 - 3/21/10 SS and 4/18/10 SS and 4/25/10 SS
Final price: .43 each when you buy 6
Thursday price: .33 each when you buy 6

Betty Crocker Pouch Potatoes, 3.3 oz. - $1
.25 - 3/28/10 SS
Final price: .75 each
Thursday price: .55 each

Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad - $1.25
.40 printable coupon for Suddenly Salad HERE and HERE
Final price: .85 each
Thursday price: .60 each

Betty Crocker Warm Delight Minis - $1.67
.75 - 3/28/10 SS and 5/2/10 SS
.50 printable coupon for Warm Delights HERE and HERE and HERE
Final price: .92 to $1.17 each
Thursday price: .59 to .83 each

Betty Crocker Cookie Mix
- $1.67
.40 printable coupon for Betty Crocker Cookie Mix HERE
or .40 - 3/28/10 SS
Final price: $1.27 each
Thursday price: .94 each

Big G Cereal - $2
Trix, Cookie Crisp, Cocoa Puffs, Honey Nut Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch
.55 off Cinnamon Toast Crunch HERE and HERE and HERE
$1 off 2 Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cookie Crisp, Trix or Cocoa Puffs - 4/25/10 SS
$1 off 2 coupons in Shrek-Tacular Savings coupon booklet
Final price: $1.45 to $1.50 each
Thursday price: $1.05 to $1.10 each

Betty Crocker Muffin Mix - $2
.50 - 3/28/10 SS
Final price: $1.50 each
Thursday price: $1.10 each

Chex Mix - $2
.50 off 2 - 4/18/10 SS
Final price: $1.75 each when you buy 2
Thursday price: $1.35 each when you buy 2

Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks - $2.50
.50 off 2 printable coupon for Betty Crocker HERE and HERE
Final price: $2.25 each
Thursday price: $1.75 each

Fiber One Bars
- $3
.50 printable coupon for Fiber One Bars HERE
or .50 Fiber One 90 Calorie Bars - 5/2/10 SS (if included in sale)
or .50 off 2 - 4/18/10 SS and 5/2/10 SS
Final price: $2.50 to $2.75 each
Thursday price: $1.90 to $2.15 each

Chex Mix Bars
- $3
.50 - 4/18/10 SS
Final price: $2.50 each
Thursday price: $1.90 each

Nature Valley Nut Clusters - $3
.50 - 4/18/10 SS
Final price: $2.50 each
Thursday price: $1.90 each

Rice A Roni - $1 (.80 Thursday price)
Green Giant Specialty Corn - $1 (.80)
Bisquick Baking Mix, 20 oz. - $1.50 ($1.20)
Progresso Soup - $1.88 ($1.50)
Shake 'n Pour Bisquick - $2 ($1.60)
Green Giant Whole Asparagus Spears - $2 ($1.60)
Pillsbury Toaster Strudel or Scrambles - $2 ($1.60)


:: Other Good Deals ::
(Thursday price)

Whole Chicken - .89 lb. (.71 lb.)

Fresh Green Beans - .98 lb. (.78 lb.)
Red Seedless Grapes - $1.28 lb. ($1.02 lb.)

Coke, 2 liters - .98 (.78)

La Choy Teriyaki or Soy Sauce - $1 (.80)
Mussleman's Apple Sauce - $1.25 ($1)
Shop 'n Save Shredded or Chunk Cheese, 8 oz. - $1.25 ($1)
Lay's Potato Chips - $1.98 ($1.58)

45 comments:

  1. there's a $1/2 coupons on mussleman's website..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't seem to find that small step napkins in my 4/25....

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you managed to the $1.50 Nabisco MQ (6/30/10) that was at SnS, now is a good time for usage. The requirements are a purchase of a gallon of milk along with a package of Cookies (4-26 oz.). Remember the milk won't count toward the $50.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Musselman's coupon is for 46-48 oz bottles. The smaller sizes are on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks T I was just checking for the coupon.

    Anonymous - The Small Step's napkin coupon is the one that says "FREE or $1 off" The $1 off is on napkins, bath tissue or facial tissue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. will sns give overage on the $1/1 salad dressings since they are only $.88?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anonymous - I have no idea if SNS will give overage. I don't think I've ever used a coupon at SNS more than the cost of a product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have used coupons for more than the product price as SNS. They have always been adjusted down.
    -andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just in SNS checking the price & selection for Ben & Jerry's (I won a year's supply!) and noticed the Old El Paso seasoning was 0.68 at the Twin Oaks store. Was this catalina deal advertised? I didn't see any signs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi T - A year of Ben & Jerry's - I'm gasping!

    The Old El Paso Cat was advertised in SNS ad the week of 4/26 with the effective dates of 4/19/10 through 5/16/10.

    I hope the store where I did my price check on Old El Paso was wrong. .68 for seasoning makes for a much better deal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is the Small Steps toilet paper a good deal? I haven't tried it. Thursday it would be $2.78 with the $2 coupon.

    There is a .55/2 coupon for Toaster Strudel in the 3/7SS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Judy - I haven't tried it either. The guys in my family are picky, picky, picky when it comes to TP. From my expierence with the napkins and paper towel, I'm not sure it would meet their standards.

    But, it is a really good price - 11.6 cents per single roll! For this price it might be worth a try. At least for a back-up when I haven't found other TP at a price I want to pay.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found the packs of Old El Paso taco seasoning priced @$.88 at the Gravois store last night. There was a sign $.99 lb. for Frisk hams, except nohting in the case. In the past, I had cashiers only knock off only the price of the item when there was overage. But, I always ask for them to note on the coupon the lower value, which usually gets ugly. If it's done as a habit by Dierbergs cashiers, I expect the same at a SnS store. Still remember that on a $10 off $50 Thursday, this type of deal provides a bonus to the customer or an extra $.70 on the purchase of four bottles of Ken's Dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi kas, I'm begining to wonder if there are different prices at different store on unadvertised products. It wouldn't surprise me if they have higher prices in the City.

    Did you buy some and they rang up at that price or are you reporting what the shelf tag said? I'm hoping an employee never put up the lower/sale price tag and they aren't charging more in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Has anyone found the Old El Paso coupons at the Twin Oaks store? I looked last night, but didn't see any. But it could have been right in front of me and I missed it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jeri, I had a $10 RR that required spending at Wags and decided to run into SnS for e loaf of bread. The $.88 tags was on the shelf tags. If certain businesses charge higher prices, let's just say merchandise don't grow legs and walk out the doors.

    I swear that Wags at Grand and Gravois smelled like something dies inside.

    ReplyDelete
  17. There was a .60/2 OEP products coupon at coupons.com at the beginning of the month. I have no idea if it's still there or not.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been trying to copy and paste your matchups into a word doc so I can take it to the store with me to make it easier so I dont have to write all these deals down, but when I try to do it, it doesn't paste anything into the word doc. Just being curious, but do you have some settings applied to your website so the info cannot be copy and pasted?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Spicy you can highlight what you want ot print and do right click prnt preview. Then choose option as selected on page and then hit print and it will work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Where can I buy Natures Own bread? I couldnt find it at SNS today. Also they dont seem to have Jonny Cat litter anymore - has anyone seen it at other stores? I hate running around to all the stores looking for items I have coupons for. I can never remember which stores carry which items.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have also tried everything to get this great info to print, does not work. Bummer!!!!!!
    Love this site!

    ReplyDelete
  22. There are times that I can copy/print and other times that it won't work for me either. This is definitely a "smart" way to construct your grocery list. After copy and pasting, I then just delete what I don't need.

    I have found my computer to be the issue at times!(Perhaps it is just having an off day!)lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always copy and past Jeri's post into a Word document to print my shopping list. Before I print I always "Clear Formatting" and it will print fine. If I don't clear the formatting it will print a blank page.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have been trying to post to this site on succesfully for months. It would never let me enter the post it would give me an error message. So this morning my husband is sitting next to me and I say do you know why it won't let me post see I just enter info and then put myself as annonymous and when I press enter and wouldn't you know it IT POSTED! yeah Of course my husband rolled his eyes and acted like I must have been doing something wrong before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ok so I have been following Jeri for awhile but every time I tried to post I got an error message so I just emailed Jeri directly. This morning my hubby was sitting next to me and I asked him if he knew why it would not work. I said see I put myself as annonymous and write the message and then when I push post I get this error WAIT IT WORKED!! yeah
    Of course he rolled his eyes and gave this look like obviously you did something wrong before because the computer and I are always right :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just back from SNS saved 87%. Paid 9.67 of which 9.21 was a Sirloin Tip Roast. Love these days.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just back from SNS saved 85% Paid $12.81 & got back a $5.00 catalina :) Thank you so much for all you do because w/o this blog I wouldn't be saving this much!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Printing Posts

    1. I'm probably one of the least tech savy people around. I couldn't even set the VCR.

    2. I'm as frustrated as many readers trying to get a list to print.

    3. I haven't changed any setting. I don't know why things have changes.

    4. Someday I'm going to be rid of blogger and have my own domain. I'm just a little too frugal for that right now.

    Rhonda and Megan have good ideas for getting a list to print. Hopefully, one of them will work for you. And, me too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi CJ - I hope someone can help you out. I feel like I'm have a Senior Moment this entire week. Maybe it's just the looming b-day that is the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Lisa - Glad to see you can now leave a comment. You're husband and mine are form the same school of thought.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Rhonda & Rachel - Thanks for sharing your shopping trip. I always love to hear how peopld did.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Lisa, welcome to our little group!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I was the original one who asked about why it wasnt printing in a word doc. I sit at a computer all day and consider myself pretty computer savy and know all the tricks. But, when all of the suggestions still didnt work, I accidentally put it in an Excel spreadsheet (the icon for Excel is right next to my Word doc icon) and then decided to test if it would print in Excel and oddly enough, it printed in the Excel sheet format just fine!!! YEAH!!! It didnt print the cell blocks that are on the excel sheet either, just the information about the item, price, and coupon. So, it worked that way. Now, off to SNS I go!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have a hard time finding the small steps napkins at SNS. They ran out last time they were this price and gave me a rain check. I tried the small steps tp last time it was on sale and did not like it, to rough.

    ReplyDelete
  35. fyi - I bought 4 CPK pizzas and received one $3 Cat. The GM Cat didn't print for me. I checked at CS - they thought I bought the wrong Chex so I exchanged and they gave me the $5 Cat. I double checked the ad later and had bought the correct items so who knows - sometimes I think an item just isn't programmed correctly.

    Jeri - As always thanks for the great match-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I saved 99.4%!!!!!!
    Total before coupons: $50.26
    Total after coupons: $0.32!!!

    Thank you so much for your list, Jeri! I couldn't have done it without you! (Ben & Jerry's helped out with the free ice cream, too :) I posted a summary on my blog: thehappyclipper.blogspot.com & www.froogaloo.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Can you combine the no coupon 10.00 off thursday with the corona produce rebate? It's 10.00 off a 20.00 fresh produce purchase.

    The rebate form says This offer may not be combined with any other offer. Does that mean a 10.00 off 50 purchase would not work with this rebate?

    ReplyDelete
  38. I always copy and paste Jeri's matchups into Word. Usually instead of simply 'pasting' I have to 'paste special'. It depends on the version of Word you are using, but if the page is still blank after pasting, try to paste special and change the 'paste as' to either 'formatted text' or 'html text' (whichever ends up working!). Hope that helps and doesn't make it more confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I received the GM cat ($5) and California Pizza kitchen cat ($3) just fine. Also, if anyone cares, I got 3 surveys to take online from the cat machine. They are for the new limited edition California Pizza Kitchen varieties: Cheeseburger and Spinach & Artichoke. Upon completion of each survey they mail me a $5 check!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Spicyhuman - I'm glad you found or lucked into a work around the problem. Someday my blog will grow up and have it's own domain. Until then I appreciate everyones patience.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Maureen - Thanks for confirming the Cal. Pizza cat.

    I've had problems with Cats printing at SNS many times. Customer Service has always fixed the problem, but it does take extra time.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi T! Woo Hoo! Nothing better than to shop with pocket change.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Corona produce rebate and SNS $10 off $50.

    I've never seen a rebate denied because of coupon usage. Every situation is different, but don't think it would for this one either.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Brittany - Thanks for the heads up on the survey's.

    ReplyDelete