Contact Me






Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Catalina Deals at Schnucks


I posted the Catalinas at Schnucks that run through 7/11/10 earlier in the week. Catalina coupon offers are not always a good deal, but when an item is on sale or there is coupon to use , they can become very good deals. Here are a few I think make great deals.

:: Sara Lee Pound Cake and Berries ::
Buy:
(2) Sara Lee Pound Cake, 10.75 oz. @ $2.99 = $5.98
(2) Blackberries, 6 oz. @ $1.00 = $2.00
Use:
(2) $1 Sara Lee Frozen Desert printable coupon -$2.00
(2) $1 off fresh Berries wyb Sara Lee Pound cake printable coupon (use 80002 zip) -$2.00
Pay: $3.98
Receive $1 Catalina coupon when you buy (2) Sara Lee Pound Cakes
Final cost: $2.98 for (2) Sara Lee Pound Cakes & (2) cartons of Blackberries

Sara Lee Pound cake is on sale through 7/4/10 and the $1 blackberries are an unadvertised sale. If you aren't a blackberry fan, it's not unusual for Schnucks to run other unadvertised berry sales this time of year. You could wait this one out for a week or so and see what other good prices on berries you might find.

Thanks,
Couponmama and Sadina!


:: Kikkoman Sauce ::
Buy:
(2) Kikkoman 10 oz. Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce @ $1.99 = $3.98
(2) Kikkoman Ponzu , 10 oz. @ $3.39 = $6.78
Use:
(2) $1 Kikkoman Teriyaki Sacue or Glaze printable coupons - $2.00
(2) FREE Ponzu Sauce (max value $3.00) wyb Kikkoman Sauce printable coupons -$6.00
Pay: $2.76
Receive $1 Catalina coupon when you buy (2) Kikkoman Marinades
Final cost: $1.76 for (4) bottles of Kikkoman Sauce or .44 each

Neither of these products are on sale. You could wait this deal out for a better price, but I'm not sure I've ever seen Kikkoman on sale.

Note: After he made a trip to Customer Service, my cashier would not accept the coupon for Ponzu Sauce because it said FREE. Schnucks' coupon policy is to not accept Internet printable coupons for free products. But, as every couponer knows, a B1G1 is not a free product coupon.

I left the Kikkoman at the store, came home, and emailed Schnucks Consumer Affairs. I received an email back within minutes. Schnucks stores should accept B1G1 coupons and Consumer Affairs will contact the store I was shopping at to "coach" them about the mistake.

If you have problems using Internet printed B1G1 coupons at Schnucks, either call Consumer Affaris from the store 314-994-4400, or email Schnucks Comsmer Affairs and have them contact your store.

16 comments:

  1. I was talking to my cashier at Schnuck's yesterday and she said that at least 5 cashiers had been fired in St. Charles for taking incorrect coupons. They were all nervious about taking any coupons. She even asked the manager about my $1 off Skinny Cow since it made them free. She did take the coupon after asking. No biggie for me, but it did irritate the people behind me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly - I hope I didn't come off as mean spirited in my post. That wasn't my intention.

    I do understand cashier are nervous about taking coupons. I had a SNS cashier say, "Honey, you'll get me fired if.... " At least she spoke up, I think so many feel that way also.

    I just wish retailers would train cashier better in the world of coupons. If they knew more about how coupons worked and how to spot a fraudulent coupon they would feel better about their jobs and treat the customer better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've recently had trouble using B1G1 printable coupons at Schnucks (from more than one cashier at U-scan), so I just assumed their policy was not to accept them. Thanks for writing to corporate and letting us know.

    A manager at Dierbergs also told me they couldn't accept IP's if they had the word "free" anywhere on them--so I guess that's out. Half the time Walgreens doesn't accept my IP's at all and so I go back another time, because it usually depends on the cashier. The thing that bothers me is that some employees seem to think we're doing something wrong or trying to get away with something by using IP's. On the other hand, others are so nice when you've saved so much money and get excited for you. But it is definitely getting harder to use these coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi rawfoodgal - You will probably have to contact Schnucks Comsumer Affairs about your store also. I got the feeling from communicating with them they didn't know that other stores were also not accepting B1G1 printable coupons.

    Dierbergs should also accept B1G1 printable coupons. Their Internet coupon policy states, "We will only accept coupons for free items that have a purchase requirement exceeding the retail of the free item"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeri, I sent Schnucks a message via the website and let them know I haven't been able to redeem B1G1 coupons at my store (on Lindell). I asked them to clarify their internet coupon policy for B1G1's. Hopefully I will hear back from them soon and/or they will be in touch with my local store.

    Thanks for the info about Dierbergs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeri- i didn't think you were being mean. I just wanted to let you know what some cashiers are saying. I agree with you that the stores need to do a better job of educating their cahiers and managers. It is amazing the difference in attitudes toward coupons in different parts of the country. Some places seem much more coupon friendly than St. Louis. When I lived in Memphis the checkers were surprised when someone checked out without coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In regards to cashiers being fired for taking incorrect coupons, I feel that there has to be more to the story than that. It seems silly to fire workers over coupons--there is too much gray area. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I emailed Schnucks today to ask if they would take a printed coupon for a free can of Libby's vegetables (Facebook promotion that was emailed to me, not printed off a website) and they said no, not even if I brought in the email that came with it showing it was specifically for me. Doesnt make much sense that they wont take a free coupon, but they will take a $1 coupon for an item that costs $1. They dont seem to realize that if they let us use free coupons, we would buy other items along with it. Printable coupons are very frustrating for me lately :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a problem with companies sending coupons for free items that LOOK like printable coupons. I got two free item coupons in the mail this week -- one from Tropicana Juicy Rewards, and one from Nursery Water...they look just like they are printed from coupons.com. I kept the top showing that it was mailed to me, and showed them the "scratch off for authenticity" on the back. But still, I always have to explain it wasn't a printable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been having the same trouble at the grocers with IPQ esp. if it has the word FREE on it and mailed coupons which look like IPQ. Wish manufacturers can do something about this. Can't blame the stores though because it's really difficult for them to monitor which one's are valid or not. IPQs can easily be photocopied and even if there's a unique bar code on it, it would be hard for them to tell if it's really unique if they can't compare it with the other the same IPQs. I think we have to blame this on people who can't resist committing coupon fraud. We honest couponers are suffering. :(

    If it's for something we really like and if I know that there's a good deal at Wags, CVS and Target to use the IPQ on, this is the only time I would print high value and free IPQ. I hardly print them anymore so as not to waste ink and paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with everyone, that IP's are getting harder to use every day.

    I don't understand why I can do almost any other financial transaction electronically, but my .25 coupon has to be handled my a million people before a store gets reinbursed.

    I would think, if coupons were processed electronically, they could detect fraudulent coupons at the register and not accept them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As with most things on the internet, all the potential problems with printed coupons were not thought through as the technology advanced. So manufacturers issue the coupons and leave the customers and stores to figure out how to use them. Everyone points fingers at the other guy when it doesnt work like they want it to. I wish the manufacturers and stores could work together to make the customers happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Schnucks didnt even want to take the $1 coupon from the Sunday paper on KC Masterpiece saying that even those could be fraudlant. Curious to know what the St. Louis Post Dispatch would think of Schnucks saying they are distributing fraudlent coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi CJ - Oh, so true. The manufacturer puts the exposure out there and then the retail store gets left with a loss. I don't know why the retail industry doesn't insist that something better is done.

    Hi Anonymous - That's ridiculous. I hope you came home and either emailed or called Schnucks Customer Affairs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I finally found the Snapple 6 pack rebate form at Schnucks last night. Also got 2 Skinny Cow cups for free after coupons, and .30 profit on 2 Cascadian Farms granola bars with coupons. Funny how they wont take a printable for a free can of veggies, but I have no problem getting overage on a $1 printable. All 6 of my printables scanned fine, for once!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi CJ - I'm glad you got to use your Skinny Cow and Cascadian Farm coupons. What I'm reading in comments amazes me. No rhyme or reason to any of it.

    ReplyDelete