Contact Me






Saturday, June 5, 2010

Super Savers at Walgreens

Last week, I posted readers' pictures of their Shop 'n Save purchases, and it was a very popular post. As I mentioned earlier in the week, as long as readers were interested, I would pick a store and everyone was invited to send a picture of their purchases. I would post them along with a little blurb about their experience. Staci sent pictures this week. Thanks for sharing!

Edit: Judy sent me a picture of her Walgreens purchases. Scroll down to see what a great shopping week she had!

Staci's picture and story
I made 2 trips to Wags this week and did 4 transactions total. It's not my best week, but still a pretty good one. I ended up having to buy a Butterfinger at each store because my calculations were off when I got to the register, but my husband certainly didn't mind! Neither store would let me use the $1 Reach Qs I had, but not a big deal since we don't really care for the crystal clean toothbrushes anyway.

Summary of what I bought:
1 - U by Kotex pads
1 - U by Kotex liners
1 - RejuviCare liquid
4 - Ecotrin
3 - Neutrogena facial bars
4 - Lindsay olives
1 - Oxi Clean power paks
1 - Bumble Bee tuna
2 - Butterfingers

Started with $27 in RRs, spent $1.48 OOP, and ended with $33 in RRs plus a Q for free Always pads and a Q for free Always liners. So a profit of $4.52 and free Always pads and liners. WooHoo!!! Gotta love Wags!


Judy's picture and story

Here is a summary of what I bought in 3 transactions

4 bags Hershey's & Reese's candy
4 bags lifesavers
2 Nivia Body Wash
1 Luster toothpaste
2 Stove Top
2 Ecotrin
2 A-Z vitamins
2 Kotex U
2 Nature's Bounty C & D3
6 Neutrogena facial bars
400 sheet printer paper
2 Nivia lip care
1 Butterfinger bar
1 Butterfinger Snackerz
Not pictured- 1 gal milk
1 Pure 24 pk water
1 Butterfinger and 1 Snackerz (I couldn't resist on the way home)

$123.57 Retail.
I started with $26 RR, spent $3.25 OOP not including tax. I have $24.50 RR for next week.

I'm not really sure how you calculate your percentage of savings. I just take my OOP and divide it by retail price. Is that how you do it?
If so, then my percent saved is 97%.

You can still participate:
  • Email me a picture of your Walgreens purchases and I'll ad them to the post
  • If you have a blog, email me the link to your article about your Walgreens purchases
  • Leave a comment with your Walgreens Super Savings

1 comment: