Contact Me






Friday, August 6, 2010

Saved 64% This Week

I'm over budget this week, but I've been under budget the last few weeks. I have plenty of Splurge Funds to cover my overage.


Schnucks
I split this purchase into two transactions. First transaction was the cereals and Eggos. I received a $10 Catalina coupon for that purchase, turned around and purchased the croutons and Eckert's peaches in the second transaction.

I thought about rolling my Kellogg's Catalina for another set of cereal and Eggos, but didn't want to waste the freezer space on pancakes when I had Eckert's peaches to freeze. I've been cleaning out the freezer for peach season - I'm sure I'll be heading back to Schnucks for more.

Before sales & coupons: $54.97
Spent: $11.67
Saved: $43.30 for a 79% savings

Dierbergs
I love Dierbergs 10 for $10 sales, but wish they would have had single rolls of Bounty on sale this time. With this sale I can pick up Mt Olive pickles for 50 cents, Quakes for 50 cents, and Land O Lakes spread for 20 cents. With those prices, I don't care if there are no coupons for the tortillas or English muffins.

I've started to check the aisle where Dierbergs puts clearance/damaged items. I've been finding bakery products there for half price.

Before sales & coupons: $53.79
Spent: $19.68
Saved: $34.11 for a 63% savings

Shop 'n Save
I split this purchase up into two transactions also. I used the $5 Catalina coupon from the first purchase to help pay for the second. And, I have another $5 Catalina to use within the next few weeks.

Before sales: $28.80
Spent: $15.00
Saved: $13.80 for a 48% savings

Aldi
I didn't need much at Aldi this week, but I can't bear to pay almost a $1 a gallon more for milk at the other stores in town.

Comparable Schnucks price: $8.08
Spent: $5.77
Saved: $2.31 for a 29% savings

Weekly Totals
Before sales & coupons: $145.64
Spent: $52.12
Saved: $93.52 for a 64% savings


Year to Date Totals
Spent: $1,253.08
($40 weekly average)
Saved: $3,766.33 ($121 weekly average)
Percentage saved: 75%

Splurge Fund: $288.31

For those who don't read my blog on a regular basis, my splurge funds are the difference between what I've actually spent and my $50 budget. I use it for those items I never find on sale or that I don't have coupons for.

2 comments:

  1. Your weekly posts never cease to amaze me! While I spend about the same each week, your trips always make me a bit jealous since diapers add to my totals. I was a little happy to first read that you 'went over budget'...then I saw it was only by a couple of dollars! (I was secretly hoping that you totally blew the budget!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa - Diapers are a budget buster. I'm so glad I'm past those days.

    If I didn't post what I purchased every week, I think it would be easier to blow through the budget. My posts keeps me accountable.

    ReplyDelete