Contact Me






Saturday, October 9, 2010

Post Dispatch Coupon Preview 10/10/10

Sunday's St Louis Post-Dispatch has Three coupon inserts - SmartSource, Redplum and P&G a couple coupons in the Parade Magazine.  It's going to be hard to pay $2 per Sunday paper, but I'm sure I can still save a ton of money using coupons.

NOTE: Check your papers carefully for all the inserts before you buy.  I had to check through four papers before I found one with the SmartSource insert. 

$10 off $50 at Shop 'n Save on Thursday


A few if my favorite coupons this week:

Smart Source
  • $2 off 2 Kotex pads
  • $1 off Colgate Total
  • $1 off Tyson Frozen Breaded Chicken
  • $1 off Wholly product
  • $1 off Krusteaz Bakery Style Cookie Mix
  • $1 off Athenos Feta, Hummus or Baked Pita Chips
  • $1 off Fruitables 8-pack juice boxes
  • $1 off 2 Campbell's Chunky or Select Harvest Healthy Request soups
  • .50 off No Yolks
Redplum
  • $5 off Entertaiment Coupon Book (expires 10/30)
  • B3G3 Renuzit Adjustables
  • $3 off Purex Complete 3-in-1
  • $1.50 off 2 Jimmy Dean Sausage Rolls
P&G
  • $4 off Sinex
  • $1 off Gain Dish Liquid
  • .50 off Mr Clean Eraser
Parade Magazine
  • 2 FREE 5X7 HP Photo Greeting Cards at Walmart Photo
  • $1 off 2 Cinnabon products

Remember: You want multiple coupons to use when a product is at a rock bottom price. When it's a good coupon insert week, I purchase 4 or 5 papers and sometimes acquire more. At first, I thought it was crazy to spend money to save money. But I've always saved much more than my investment.

Word is Sam's Club is still selling the Sunday Post-Dispatch at a reduced price, $1.50. Dollar Tree and DEAL$ no longer sell the paper.

10 comments:

  1. Last Friday P-D 'A' section contains a coupon for a $16.99 oil change at a Calvert's Express location.

    Also Deal$ is offering 10% off your entire purchase of >$10 this Sunday. Unsure if MQ are allowed or not or if one need the cashier appreciation coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi kas - Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought my papers at Sams and they were $1.50

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you didn't have to have a sams card to buy the paper there. sigh.

    Oh and I also don't now what's going on today but I also had to double check for papers with the correct inserts in them. Some of them had the right ones some were missing. I miss the dollar store.

    Does the post dispatch offer some sort of discount for those who want to buy multiple copies of the paper? A couponer's discount? A girl can only dream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny-

    I've called them about the discount before and they said "No".....maybe if enough people ask for it (I've mentioned it to a lady from the Post who was selling subscriptions at Shop N Save) they will do it?

    I bought my papers at Sam's in SOCO with no problem.

    Getting a Sam's membership for the papers might pay for itself:

    3 papers a week
    about 45 weeks of inserts
    =67.50
    A Sam's membership $35 a year PLUS they have pretty good prices on milk!

    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny B - The Post-Dispatch is not at all interested in a "couponers discount." I wonder if people would start contacting Lee Enterprises that now own the Post-Dispatch if they would be more interested in a special offer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenny B - Thanks for the comparasion of the cost of a Sams membership and the savings from the $1.50 papers. Do you know what Sam's is charging for milk?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly in west countyOctober 10, 2010 at 7:58 PM

    Does anyone know if you can use the $10/$50 at SNS on Thursday to buy two entertainment books? I was thinking of using the RP coupons and a $5/$50 entertainment book coupon as well to try and get a good deal on them. Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelly in west county - if you read the first page of the SNS ad in the yellow box-right hand corner regarding 'It's Coupon Thursday'-there are some exclusions listed as to what counts towards your $50 purchase. Entertainment books is one of the items listed that you can't use towards your $50 purchase. Bummer. I use to buy my stamps there until they started excluding stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kelly & Anonymous - Great idea Kelly, and Anonymous for knowing the answer to this question.

    Last year, I purchased Entertainment books at Walgreens and CVS using my RR and ECB's. This time of year, I make sure I pick up all the money-makers to help pay for them. CVS and Walgreens last year put Entertainemnt books on sale around the holidays.

    ReplyDelete