Contact Me






Sunday, February 20, 2011

CVS Field Notes - Week of 2/20/11



Here is an update of what is going on with CVS's sales and coupons for this week.

See this week's deals and coupon match-ups HERE.
 
  • Magic Coupon Machine - On Sunday I received: $1 off Dove Chocolate, $2 off Advil Tablets, Caplets, or Liqui-Gels (80 ct. +), $2 offf Hershey's or Reese's Pieces, Drops and Minis (8 oz), $1 off $5 or more of CVS Brand Cough and Cold Items.
  •  EOS Lip Balm - I Heart CVS is reporting an unadvertised ECB deal on this product.  EOS Lip Balm $2.99 get a $2.99 ECB (limit 1).  My store didn't have any EOS products in so I couldn't test the deal. (Thanks, CJ!)
  • Clearance  Hair Products - My store had some varieties of L'Oreal Vive Pro clearance for 75% off.  It made them $1.24.  Your store might or might not have them on clearance, but clip the $1 coupon from 2/20/10 RP just in case they do.  There were some other brands on 75 clearance also.  If you have $1 coupons for hair care products - take them with you to CVS.
  • Cadbury Egg - My ECB didn't print.  If you purchase this product make sure you check to see if yours printed before you leave the store.
  • Reducing ECBs -  There has been chatter in comments if CVS has changed their policy about reducing ECBs.  I spoke to an assistant managers today at the store I shop and asked if there had been change in policy.  He didn't think so - he hadn't heard anything about it. 
  • Valentine Candy - Marked at 50% off today.  I will go to 75% off, but I'm not sure when.  Check at your store when you're there. The $1 off Dove Chocolate coupon from the Coupon Machine, could make for a great deal.
If you have any additional info about this week's deals, please leave a comment.

9 comments:

  1. I got no coupons in the machine a few minutes ago but it printed a $5 ECB for the beauty club. Then when I checked out another $5 ECB for the beauty club printed. Score one for me. That makes up for only being able to do one transaction. The CVS I was at had a huge line and I didn't feel right doing 2 transactions to roll my ECB.

    Also the Cadbury egg didn't produce an ECB but they printed off a courtesy one for $1. Even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Cadbury didn't print either and rang up $.87 instead of $.75. I too got a $1 ECB. Also, my store was out of the Snickers PB squared. I asked if I would be able to use my coupons when they got more in, even though they would be expired and they said it would be no problem. If your store was out, it might be worth asking about too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Cabury ECB didn't print either. My cashier was more than happy to issue one! CVS is very "user friendly"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My EOS didn't print, but there was a tag up for it. I pointed it out, and they printed the courtesy one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi All - Such a different world between CVS and Walgreens. I'm always amazed how easy CVS makes it to fix a problem.

    You would think Walgreens would get the hint and realise how much time and money it really costs them to call a manager, have them give the customer every excuse in the book, a customer leaving unhappy.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know there are lots of questionable Walgreens managers out there, but I gotta say- I love my walgreens! We have at least 7 within a 5 mile radius. But I have discovered one that I always like, just didn't realize how much I loved until last black Friday. I went in that Saturday and found something they had not had on the shelf on Friday. I just casually mentioned I was glad they finally had them. The cosmetics gal said they never ran out, if they weren't on the shelf I can always ask. I said the woman working before was not overly friendly. The store manager overheard and questioned who. I really didn't remember exactly. She said that was unacceptable no matter what else was going on for that cashier. I should let her know if I am ever not 100% greeted with a smile, etc.
    Then she asked if I had a coupon for x and offered me' one. She talks to mr evey time I go in now. The funny thing is- everyone has always been nice there I think it was just too early for the one cashier to smile

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tonya - I'm glad you found a Walgreens that is good to shop at. They are out there. I too live in an area where they are on about every other corner. A few of them I love to shop at, a few I avoid at all cost, and the rest the jury is still out. It's too bad that it's not the same great shopping experience at all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My only complaint about CVS is their lack of stock on the shelf and not having any more in the back when I ask. Even if I get a raincheck I have to keep checking back. With my CVS being a 20 minute drive, I dont go more than a couple times a month. Anytime I've asked an employee about inventory their attitude seems to be if they dont have any, its just too bad. I hear other people say how the employees at their CVS have gone the extra mile to help them, but that hasnt been my experience. Walgreens isnt much better some days but at least they have more locations so I eventually can find what I want at one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi CJ - Hopefully, someday CVS will be on every other corner like Walgreens is and stock issues won't be such and issue.

    ReplyDelete