Contact Me






Monday, February 7, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 2/07/11


I link to my inspiration recipes when they are available online.  I call them inspiration recipes because I make substitutions often.  When a recipe calls for cream or evaporated milk, I'll use Half & Half  or even 2% milk.  I'm not sure I ever follow a recipe as it's written. Maybe that's why I don't bake very often. 

Monday: Baked Chicken, baked potatoes, grilled cauliflower

Tuesday: Spaghetti, garlic bread, green salad

Wednesday: Pizza, fresh pineapple

Thursday: Breakfast Casserole, orange juice

Friday: Dinner out

Saturday: Spicy Sausage and Cauliflower Soup

Sunday: Fish, fries, peas, fresh fruit

If you would like more meal planning ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com

2 comments:

  1. I am notorious for not following recipes. Maybe it's because I refuse to buy "specialty" ingredients? Or because I'd have to drive 30 minutes to buy them?

    Just Saturday, my husband was laughing at me as I made "pizza pie," since he could see I was just pretty much making it up. What was I going to do? I didn't have enough cheese and I had pizza sauce to use up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily - I don't buy those "specialyt" ingredients for one recipe either, but I used to.

    I used to follow recipes exactly. (I must have learned that from my mom.) I had an entire cabinet of specialy ingredients that I had used once. And I packed them up and moved them with us several times. Oh, how I've changed my ways.

    ReplyDelete