Contact Me






Saturday, April 16, 2011

CVS $5 Scenario - Week of 4/17/11

You can save a ton of money at CVS rolling ECBs - using ECBs to pay for products that trigger more ECBs.

If your store is busy, you might not want to do too many back to back transactions. I like to do a couple of transaction and then step aside and let the people behind me checkout.  This keeps the other customers and cashiers happy.

Take a look more CVS deals HERE.

Transaction #1
purchase:
(1) Easter Grass $0.99
= $0.99 + tax out of pocket and get a $0.99 ECB

Transaction #2
purchase:
(1) Green Bag Tag $0.99
use:
ECB from previous transaction -$0.99
= $0.00 (+ tax if you have to pay in your state) and get a $0.99 ECB

Transaction #3
purchase:
(1) Green Bag Tag $0.99
use:
ECB from previous transaction -$0.99
= $0.00 (+ tax if you have to pay in your state) and get a $0.99 ECB

Transaction #4
purchase:
(1) Pass Easter Grass $1.99
use:
ECB from previous transaction -$0.99
= $1.00 + tax out of pocket and get a $1.99 ECB

Transaction #5
purchase:
(1) GE Energy Smart Bulb $2.99
use:
ECB from previous transaction -$1.99
= $1.00 + tax out of pocket and get a $2 ECB

Transaction #6
purchase
(1) Edge Shave Gel $3.29
(1) Reach Toothbrush $1.00
(1) Reach Floss $1.00
(1) Listerine Pocket Pack $1.00
(4) Mars Easter Singles @$.50 = $2.00
(2) Stove Top Stuffing @$.88 = $1.76
use:
(1) Edge coupon (3/20/11 SS) - $.55
(2) $1 Reach coupons (4/17/11 SS) - $2.00
(1) Listerine Pocket Pak coupon (1/09/11 SS or 4/17/11 SS) -$.50
(2) $1/2 Mars Easter coupons (3/20/11 RP or 4/10/11 RP) -$2.00
(2) $.50 Stove Top coupons (4/03/11 SS) - $1.00
ECB from previous transaction -$2.00
= $2.00 + tax out of pocket and get a $2.30 ECB

Items purchased
(1) Edge Shave Gel
(1) GE Energy Smart Bulb
(2) Green Bag Tags
(1) Reach Toothbrush
(1) Reach Floss
(1) Listerine Pocket Pak
(2) Stove Top Stuffing
(4) Mars Easter Singles
(1) Easter Grass
(1) Pass Egg Decorating Kit

Total retail before sales & coupons: $29.66
Total out of pocket: $4.99 + tax for a 83% savings
And a $2.30 ECB to start next week's shopping

9 comments:

  1. Can you use more than one Green Bag Tag?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nevermind - I assume the idea of multiple tags must be to put tags on all of your bags so you always have one with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to get more Green Bag Tags. I could never get the thing to stay on a bag. So I just keep it in the car. I'm now going to be able to get one for each car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. magic coupon machine printed out $3 off $10 grocery purchase. I combined that with the Lay 2/$6 with (2) .55 coupons and 4 $1 captain crunch used (4).50 coupons and got the $2 ECBs. Thanks for all you do for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I scanned my card twice today and still nothing good from the machine for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pixie_bit: that took me the longest time to figure that out. I don't have mine on any bag, I took off the hangie thing and I have it in my wallet with my ECB card...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anonymous - Woo Hoo! This is a great week to get a coupon for money off a food purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am new to this so I don't understand why there are so many transactions. Why can't you just do transactions 1-5 at 1 time and then do transaction number 6 as your 2nd transaction? Sorry i know I am missing something thats why I asked. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anonymous - You could do the first 5 trasaction togeather and then use the ECBs you received to pay for the 6th.

    I put the scenarios togeahter to show newbies how you can spend very little money and bring home a ton of products.

    I've got my a nice little stash of ECBs built up and I don't usually do more than a couple of transactions. I probably spend less than $5 out of pocket at CVS each quarter.

    ReplyDelete