Contact Me






Saturday, May 28, 2011

Walgreens Deals - Week of 5/29/11


Walgreens Deals  -May 29 - June 4, 2011

Take a look at Walgreens ad HERE. For shopping ideas, check out my Walgreens $5 Scenario.

This is an updated list from the Sneak Peek I posted on Thursday.   Additions to the list are noted as *NEW*.

:: 2-Day Sale - Sunday & Monday Only ::

Ritz Crackerfuls - $2
Get a $2 Register Reward (Kraft)
$1 - 4/17/11 SS
= $1 Money-Maker after coupon and RR

Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil (75 sq. ft) - $1.99
$1 - 5/15/11 SS
= $0.99 after coupon

Scott Naturals Paper Towels (6 rolls) - $3.99
$1.50 off Scott Naturals Paper Towels printable coupon
or $1 - 5/22/11 SS or  4/17/11 SS (expires 5/29)
or $1 off Scott Naturals Paper Towels printable coupon (no longer available)
= $2.49 to $2.99 after coupon

OFF Clip-On Starter Kit - $7.99 (buy 2)
B1G1 OFF Clip-On Starter Kit printable coupon
and use (1)  $2 off OFF Clip-On Starter Kit printable coupon or 5/22/11 SS
and use  $1 Walgreens Coupon in June Coupon Book (will deduct $2 when you buy 2)
= $2 each after coupons


:: Free or Better This Week ::

Icy HotNaturals Pain Relief Cream (5 oz) -$.99
Get a $1 Register Reward (Chattem)
$1 - 5/01/11 SS (cashier will need to reduce coupon)
Final price: $1 Money-Maker
Print coupon of Walgreens Coupon Policy and take it with you when you shop.  Some cashiers and/or managers are unaware that the policy is to reduce a coupon that is more than the price of the product.

AppliedNutrition Triple Calcium (90 ct) - $10
Get a $10 Register Reward (AppliedNutrition)
= FREE after RR
*NEW* Possible $5 coupon in Walgreens June Coupon Book - depending on the restrictions on coupon.

Illy Coffee - $2
Caffe, 6.8 oz, Latte Macchiato or Cappuccino, 8.45 oz
Get a $2 Register Reward (Illy Caffe)
= FREE after RR

BC or Goody's Headache Relief Powders (6 pack) - $1.50
Get a $1.50 Register Reward (GlaxoSmithKline)
= FREE after RR

Listerine Smart Rinse (500 ml) - $2.99
Get a $2 Register Reward (McNeil)
$1 - 1/09/11 SS
= FREE after coupon and RR

B1G1 Right Guard Antiperspirant/Deodorant (2 to 4 oz) or Body Wash (13.5 oz)
B1G1 Dry Idea or Right Guard Product up to $4.49 - 5/01/11 RP (Hurry! expires 5/31)
= 2 FREE

B1G1 Dry Idea Antiperspirant/Deodorant (2.6 to 3 oz)
B1G1 Dry Idea or Right Guard Product up to $4.49 - 5/01/11 RP (Hurry! expires 5/31)
= 2 FREE

Aquafresh Toothpaste (4.6-6.4 oz) - .99 with in-ad coupon
$1 off Aquafresh kids Toothpaste - 4/17/11 RP (regional coupon- not in Post-Dispatch)
= FREE after coupon
Make sure you give the manufacturer coupon to the cashier before the in-ad coupon.

Ecotrin (45 ct) - .99 with in-ad coupon
$1 off any Ecotrin printable coupon
or $1.50 - 5/01/11 RP (regional coupon)
= FREE after coupon
Make sure you give the manufacturer coupon to the cashier before the in-ad coupon.

Accu-Check Aviva Blood Glucose Monitor - $14.99
$14.99 Mail-In Rebate in box
= FREE after rebate


:: Cheap This Week ::

Orbit Gum (14 piece) - .69 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 2 - 4/17/11 SS (regional coupon - not in Post-Dispatch)
= $0.19 each after coupon

Listerine Pocketpaks (72 pack) - $2.99
Get a $2 Register Reward (McNeil)
.50 - 1/09/11SS and 4/17/11 SS
= $0.49 after coupon and RR 

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor - $9.89
Get a $5 Register Reward (P&G)
$4 - 5/01/11 P&G (Hurry! expires 5/31)
= $0.89 after coupon and RR

Celsius Green Tea (4 pack) - $3.99
Get a $3 Register Reward (Celsius)
= $0.99 after RR

*NEW* Pine-Sol (28 oz) - $1.00 $1.99
$1 off Pine-Sol printable coupon
= $0.99 after coupon

Kellogg's Cereal - $1.99
.70 off Kellogg's Raisin Bran printable coupon
= $1.29 after coupon

*NEW* Folgers Classic Roast Coffee (11.3 oz) -$2.79
$1 off 2 - 5/22/11 RP
= $2.29 each after coupon

Nice 'n Easy Hair Color - $5.99 with in-ad coupon
$2 - 5/31/11 P&G
= $3.99 after coupons

Dunkin Donuts Coffee (12 oz) - $5.99
$1.50 - 4/17/11 RP (Hurry! expires 5/31)
= $4.49 after coupon

*NEW* Wal-Flex 24 Hour Allergy Relief (30 ct) - $9.99
Get a $3 Register Reward (Walgreens)
= $6.99 after RR

*NEW* Zegerid OTC Acid Reducer (42 ct) - $22.99
Ge a $4 Register Reward (Schering-Plough)
$5 off Zegerid printable coupon
= $13.99 after coupon and RR

*NEW* Prevacid 24 Hour Acid Reducer (28 ct) - $19.99
Get a $2 Register Reward (Takeda Pharmaceuticals)
$4 - 5/22/11 SS
= $13.99 after coupon and RR

*NEW* Allegra 24 Hour Allergy Relief (30 ct) - $17.99
$4 off Allegra printable coupon HERE and HERE
or $4 - 5/08/11 SS
= $13.99 after coupon


:: Filler Ideas ::

Royal Gelatin - .20 with in-ad coupon
Act II Popcorn (3 oz)  - .25
W Pantiliners (20-22 ct) - .50 with in-ad coupon

28 comments:

  1. Can you check your figures on the pinesol? cost $1 use $1 coupon =.99 ? is it supposed to cost $1.99 or is this a freebie? Thankyou for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can still get a printable $.75 coupon for the kids aquafresh at the website: http://www.aquafresh.com/Savings.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  3. does anyone know if the Energizer catalina is good at walgreens?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just an FYI...The B1G1 Right Guard/Dry Idea is in the 5/01/11 Red Plum...not SmartSource.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anonymous and runningmom for being my proofreaders :) Sorry if I wasted your time trying to figure out what I was talking about.

    Hi pixie_bit - Is the coupon you are refrencing training toothpaste? Does that product come in the correct sizes for the coupon - 4.6 or 6.4 oz.?

    Hi LeAnn - I poked around I Heart Wags for awhile I don't see a mention of Energizer RR. But, who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can anyone confirm if the $5 IVC coupon is working with the Applied Nutrition Calcium RR? My car is on the fritz so I dont know when I'll get to Wags this week :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi CJ - I haven't been out to Wags yet, but I'vre read on the coupon forums that the coupon beeps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi All,

    Cking in to see if everyones day was going good at Wags.

    I have heard that Wags Corp sent out a memo regarding the ANC and the $5 IVC is not to be accepted for this product. HTH

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet - Do we know why the ANC IVC beeps? Different size or not the right product? Just curious cause it seems all my coups at Wags beep no matter where they come from!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Completely out of Crackerfuls at 2 Wags I visited today, but one of the stores had posted signs that they would substitute Ritz Crackers or Triscuits of specific sizes (and perhaps one other, cannot recall). Same deal ($2, with $2 RR).

    I also noticed signs limiting the Scott Naturals to 2 per person.

    LOVE the improved communication, even if inventory is still low on sale items!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got my four rolls of aluminum foil and 3 icy hot naturals. I paid $4.87 ($4RR and $.87 cash) and received $2.97 in RR. Not bad!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Went to 3 Wags today and all were out ot Crackerfuls. I did see the signs about the substitues. I asked the employess and they said the RR would not print with the substitues. They are only matching the sale price. So, I didn't buy them.

    The ANC IVC is for supplements and it beeped when I tried it for the calcium. Manager was called and he wouldn't let me use the $5 IVC because I would get the item free already. So, no luck there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, and if you can't find the Icyhot check the travel section. It was there instead of on the regular shelf (although they had it mis-marked and labeled the 2.5 oz as on sale for $0.99 on the shelf) at the Wags on Kingshighway and Arsenal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi All -

    STLCMom - I didn't see the substitution sign at either of the Walgreens I visited. But I agree with you, improved commuication would go a long way, even if they were low on stock.

    Thanks, Courtney! I would have never thought to check the travel section.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't made it to wags yet, so I am not 100% on the aquafresh coupon yet. It doesn't have a size restriction and there are several different coupons on the site, so I am just printing anything that I would buy if the coupon worked and taking it with me to see. I will update once I go and check for sure

    ReplyDelete
  16. I went to Kingshiway cor Chippewa after my 9:00 work last night. Shelf was cleared of the Right Guard. I was like, "Oh my! This never happened before on a Sunday." :I :).

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Kirkwood Wags didnt have Crackerfuls but they substituted Ritz crackers and the RR printed. Also got free Ecotrin, Goodys, Zyrtec and Icy Hot. I couldnt find the Applied Nutrition Calcium or the Illy cappuccino. All of my coupons beeped but my favorite cashier pushed them through :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was told rainchecks wouldn't be given, and then got a lecture about the "extreme couponers showing up and midnight and causing headaches for everyone." Then as I was leaving the store the other cashier was giving out rainchecks for the aluminum foil that was being approved by the manager. I sure wish they would come up with a uniform policy.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. @coupon.girl...that Wags was out of Right Guard bodywash by 2pm on Sunday! I was trying to divide up my shopping to not irritate anyone, but it didn't work. LOL But the one on Arsenal and Khwy still had some bodywash that afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Anonymous - You and me both wish Walgreens would have a uniform policy.

    My favorite cashier was quite testy Sunday. The store I like to shop didn't get some of RR items even in. She was tired of trying to explain to coupon shoppers they didn't even get some products.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Walgreens is really causing problems for their employees by not stocking well aren't they. My wags just closed the old location and reopened a new building next door. Stock at the old place had gotten iffy towards the end, but I though it was because they were limiting what they brought in to the store. The new location has 3 times the space and half the stock of the old one though.
    The aquafresh "training" was the wrong size for the printable training coupon, so I did not use it - I also had mc from my doctor's office so I didn't really need the printable anyway. I had a hard time finding the adult aquafresh that was part of that sale, so I am not sure if you could have used any of the other printables from the site, so print and take them with you on a chance, but don't count them into your plans when shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi pixi_bit - Thanks for an update on the Aquafresh.

    I fell sorry for the Walgreens employees. It can't be fun to hear customers bitch all day on Sunday. I'm starting to see different attitudes out of the employees that's I've always enjoyed and I've gotten to know well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Crestwood Wags, which always has a good amount of sale and RR items in stock, didnt have any Icy Hot, Illy, Applied Nutrition Calcium or Ecotrin today. Sounds like it's a hard week at most Wags, more the fault of the stores and/or suppliers this week, than the people who buy large quantities.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi CJ - I think your correct. They make a huge effort to advertise FREE after RR and then have very limited stock.

    ReplyDelete
  25. My Wags on Gravois & Hampton have many unfriendly employees. Also, they make you buy 4 items when they have a B1G1 sale and you have a B1G1 coupon and make you pay for one. Luckily, I have to other Wags close by (not as close) but they have friendlier employees and accept the B1G1.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Anonymous - I've heard from others how uncoupon friendly the Gravois/Hampton Wags is. You would have thought with CVS opening up across the street that they would have changed their ways. But, it might be getting worse.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am in CT. I was in Wags yesterday and was getting some Gillette Deodorant that I had a rain check from when it was buy 1 get 1 50% off, anyway I was getting four of them, I also used my BOGO coupons that I had.. Long story short the cashier gave me such a hard time.. Normally in the past when an item was buy 1 get 1 50% and I used BOGO coupon I got the higher price credit i.e. the full price was $4.99 the cashier told me yesterday that I only get $2.50 for the coupon, I nicely asked if policy changed she said no and that its always been like that, I told her that SHE has never rang me out that way she got mad called her boss and they told her to give me the full credit BUT ONLY THIS TIME and that in the future it would be the lower price. I just called corperate who told me they have to refer to senior management and will have to get back to me.. Am I wrong or are they? on a side note is anyone noticing that most of the workers there aren't nice anymore or is it just the two Wags that I go to?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Joeyo - Stores have never dealt with the buy 1 get 1 50% off coupons consistently. But, usually a casher/store would handle it the same way every time. Don't be surprised if the "senior managemnt" they are contacting is the manager at your store. Most the time when people contact Corporate it just gets forwarded back to the store. But, from what I understand, managers are evalutated on complaints Corp. receives. If you hear back from someone other than the store manager, let us know.

    Yes, I've also noticed more testy cashiers lately too.

    ReplyDelete