Contact Me






Friday, July 8, 2011

Sign up for SavingStar's eCoupons

SavingStar

Have you signed up for SavingStar's eCoupons?  They are totally paperless, there's nothing to clip or print since they are 100% digital!

There are over 100 chains and 24,00 stores participating in this program. Since SavingStar eCoupons are linked to store loyalty cards, the only place we can use them in the St Louis area is CVS.  But, I'm signing up!

Here's how it works:

  • Select the eCoupons you like on the website or mobile app, and they are automatically linked to your store card.
  • Use your card when you checkout and the money is added to your SavingStar account. The savings don't change your bill at the register and the savings are not printed on the receipt. Instead, they get deposited into your account within 7-30 days depending upon where you shop.
  • Once your SavingStar account reaches $5 in savings, you can pick your payout from a bank account deposit, a PayPal account deposit, an Amazon gift card, or a donation to charity. More options to come!

8 comments:

  1. How does this work? Do you have to designate you want to use a certain coupon on a purchase or does it automatically apply any coupon on your card that you are buying an item for? What if you are using a paper coupon for that item already, can you use this as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. JB - from what I understand you can use a paper coupon too. When you sign up through Saving Star you give them your CVS card number and then when you scan your card at CVS and buy the items you selected on the Saving Star website, it adds it to your account. I'm signed up but I havent bought any of the items at CVS yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, CJ! Is there a limit to how many coupons we can select? I am wondering if there is any reason not to just add all of them to my card just in case...

    ReplyDelete
  4. JB - Not sure if there's a limit. I have 10 on my current list. Most of the coupons are only available for the current month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome idea. I really hope more local stores start participating in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi All

    I agree this is an awesome idea. Although, I don't expect the local grocery stores or Walgreens to jump on board anytime soon.

    I've also read (on blogs) that you can use a manufacturer coupon along with the SavingsStar eCoupon, but that doens't make sense to me. They are both from the manufacturer and it sounds like using (2) coupon on (1) product, which isn't allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeri- I think the manufacturer is looking at it as combining a rebate with a coupon? That is how I perceived it. I could be wrong though.

    Now if CVS were running anything free after ECB, combine it with one of those SWEET $4/$20 store coupons, paper coupon, & saving star -- makes me giggle just thinking about it!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tonya! Intesting idea. I hadn't thought if it that way. I quess we'll know when we have a situation to use them.

    ReplyDelete