Contact Me






Saturday, February 11, 2012

CVS $5 Scenario - Week of 2/12/12

You can save a ton of money rolling ECBs - spending you ECBs on products that will trigger more.

If you are following my CVS $5 Scenarios, you have a $4 ECB to start this week's shopping.

Take a look more of this week's CVS deals.

Transaction #1
purchase:
(2) Colgate Total @ $2.75 each = $5.50
use:
(2) $0.75/1 Colgate Coupons (2/12/12 SS) - $1.50
ECB from last week - $4.00
= $0.00 (+ tax if you pay in your state) and get a $4 ECB

Transaction #2
purchase:
(4) Nivea Lip Care @$2.50 each = $10.00
use:
(2) $3/2 Nivea Lip Care Coupons (2/12/12 RP) - $6.00
ECB from previous transaction - $4.00
= $0.00 (+ tax if you pay in your state) and get a $3 ECB

Transaction #3
purchase:
(8) Speed Stick or Lady Speed Stick @ $1.99 each =  $15.92
use:
(4) B1G1 Speed Stick Coupons (1/29/12 SS) - $7.96
ECB from previous transaction - $3.00
= $4.96 + tax and get a $5 ECB
** You might not pay anything for this transaction.  A few week's ago the Speed Stick B1G1 coupons were automatically deducting the maximum value of the coupon ($3.99).

Items purchased
(8) Speed Stick Deodorants
(4) Nivea Lip Care
(2) Colgate Toothpaste

Retail price before sales & coupons: $47.66
Total Spent: $4.96 for a 90% savings
And a $5 ECB to start next week's shopping

If you didn't start with the $4 ECB, you will spend $8.96 on this scenario - an 81% savings

5 comments:

  1. I think I only have one B1G1 SS coupon left although I have a huge pile to go through yet from coupons that people give me at work so I'll see if I come up with 3 more...LOL...but since I have about 30 deodorants in my stockpile (need to donate some when my job does a food drive this month) I may just do transactions #1 and #2 this week! Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a real good trip at CVS this week. In my first transaction I bought 2 Colgate total toothpastes, 1 Nivea body wash and 4 Mars candy. I used 2 .75 colgate coupons, 1 1.50 Nivea coupon and 2 $1/2 Mars coupon along with a $6 ECB from last weeks deodorant deal. I paid .53 OOP. I then purchased 2 more Nivea body wash and used the $4 ECB I just earned along with another $1 ECB plus 2 1.50 coupons for a total of zero OOP and I earned another $3 ECB for next weeks deals.

    Thanks Jeri for all you do to help me save money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allison - Great shopping. There have been some great shopping week's at CVS lately.

      Delete
  3. Great trip Allison!

    Great scenario! I was debating on mentioning the possibility on the SS BOGO coupon working so great, but wasn't sure... good to see you noted that, perhaps I will make a post about it after all...

    I have a set of transactions showing how to get $34.14 in products for $3.27! it is assuming having no ECBs to start with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allison - I talked to the cashier at the store I shop yesterday about the B1G1 coupons. He said he thinks every B1G1 is rining up for the maximum value. Looks like we should save our B1G1 coupons to use at CVS.

      Delete