Contact Me






Thursday, January 15, 2009

Walgreens Coupon Policy ?????

On Tuesday, I went to Walgreens to pick up some of this week's deals. I shopped at two different stores and had very mixed results.

First store allowed me to use a Buy 1 Get 1 coupon on a Buy 1 Get 1 sale. They would not accept a manufacturer's coupon and an Instant Saver coupon (from their Easy Saver Catalog) on the same product.

Second store allowed me to use both a manufacturer's coupon and an Instant Saver coupon, but wouldn't accept a Buy 1 Get 1 coupon on a Buy 1 Get 1 sale.

Of course, at both stores, I heard, "Company policy won't allow blah blah blah blah blah."

This type of inconsistency makes me a very frustrated Walgreens customer. And I don't want to write about deals that won't work for you. Who knows what they are going to do? So I wrote Walgreens Corporate customer service.

The following is the "guts" of the e-mail I sent to Walgreens along with the answers (highlighted in red) from a Customer Relations Supervisor.

1. Can I use a manufacturer's coupon and a Walgreens' coupon on the same product? YES

2. Can I use a manufacturer's coupon and an Instant Value coupon on the same product? YES

3. If I can use a manufacturer's coupon and a Walgreens' or Instant Value coupon on the same product, what is the policy when the total coupon value is greater than the price of the product? YES, there is no cash value so no cash is returned if the value of the coupon is greater than the item

4. Can I use a buy one get one coupon on a product that is on a buy one get one sale? YES

5. Can I use a Register Reward towards my purchase if I have used a manufacturers coupon on a product? Manufacturer coupons and Register Rewards can be used in the same transaction.

6. Is there any circumstances that I can not use a Register Reward? Restrictions are listed on the back of the register reward.

I will never walk into Walgreens again without a copy this e-mail. I would never ask a cashier or manager to do something against company policy. I just expect a store to honor company policy.

I highly encourage you to write Walgreens Corp. and ask the same questions. Every couponomist needs their own personalized copy. Think of it as your Walgreens Coupon Bill of Rights.

4 comments:

  1. Keep it coming.we all need help working with coupons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried your system at walgreens last week and I bought 52 dollars for only 13 dollars. Thanks Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had had a copy of this email. I went to four different Walgreens yesterday and none of them would let me use my RR with any transaction that I had use a MF coupon with. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous - I encourage you to email Walgreens Corporate and ask very specific questions of what stores should accept for coupons. An email/letter with you name on it is a very powerful couponing tool.

    When you get your email, go back and speak with a manager.

    Keep you chin up. CVS is coming soon (first of the year) to South County. ECBs are much easier to use than RR.

    ReplyDelete