Contact Me






Monday, March 9, 2009

Walgreens Monday Update


I have a love - hate relationship with Walgreens. I love the deals I
can get at there, but I hate that from week-to-week Walgreens handles things differently.




The bad news:

I've been reading that the Dove money-maker no longer works. I apologize if you tried this deal and it didn't work.

On Sunday I purchased two Coffee-mates from this week's deals and was not able to use two coupons. Again, I apologize that I posted a deal that did not work. I have been able to use two coupons on buy one get one deals in the past, but not yesterday.

Now for the good news.

A reader e-mailed me and reported that she was able to use the Huggies coupon that read Natural Fit on the regular Huggies and got 4 more diapers for the same price. Thanks, Tracy.

And, my rant:

Yesterday, I purchased Cottonelle and Kleenex from the Kimberly Clark Register Reward deal and paid with a few coupons, a few Register Rewards and about $6, and did not receive the Kimberly Clark Register Reward. Of course, I got the "line" from the cashier - you used coupons, you used Register Rewards ...... If I know that I should receive a Register Reward for my purchase and do not receive it, I ask them to void the transaction right then.

The manager had to come and void the transaction. He gave me the same "line" about coupons, Register Rewards, etc. He seemed quite surprised when I told him I knew that you couldn't use the same company's Register Reward and receive another one, but just last week I had purchased Dove Soap, paid for it with my Blink Tears Register Reward and received the Dove Register Reward all at his store.

I challenged the manager to re-ring my purchase at a different register to see what would happen. Of course, that machine printed the Register Reward!

I feel sorry for the employees and managers at the Walgreens stores. They are obviously misinformed from upper management.

0 comments:

Post a Comment