Contact Me






Saturday, August 29, 2009

Walgreen $5 Scenario - Week of 8/30/09

Here is a scenario to get you started saving a ton of money at Walgreens. Take a look at this week's Walgreens Deals for where to find the coupons.

Edit: This scenario probably does not work. Em, a reader, has let me know both the Carefree and Rembrant Register Rewards are from McNeil. I looked into it a little more and found out that Johnson & Johnson is a division of McNeil. Please leave a comment if rolling these Register Rewards had worked or not for you. I'm sorry if this has caused anyone problems.


Transaction #1
Purchase Carefree Ultra Protection Pantiliners $1.99 - use $1 coupon
Purchase Colgate 360 Toothbrush $2.99 - use .40 coupon
= $3.58 + $2 Register Reward from Carefree & $2 $3 Register Reward from Colgate

Transaction #2
Purchase Theraflu $4.99 - use $2 manufacturer coupon
Purchase Rembrant Toothpaste $5 - use $1 coupon
Purchase (2) 2 pocket folder .40 - use in-ad coupon (need these for fillers)
Use $2 Walgreen coupon for Theraflu
Use $2 Register Reward from Carefree
Use $3 Register Reward from Colgate
= .39 + $3 Register Reward from Theraflu and $5 Register Reward from Rembrant

Transaction #3
Purchase Zone 6 Blade Razor $3.99
Purchase Carefree Ultra Protection Panitliners $1.99 - use $1 coupon
Purchase Colgate 360 Toothbrush $2.99 - use .40 coupon
Purchase (2) Jell-O $1 - use .50 off 2 coupon
Use in-ad coupon for Jell-O
Use $3 Register Reward from Theraflu
Use $5 Register Reward from Rembrant
= .07 + $4 Register Reward from Razor, $2 Register Reward from Carefree and $3 Register Reward from Colgate

Transaction #4
Purchase Reach Floss $2.99 - use $1 coupon
Purchase Theraflu $4.99 - use $2 manufacturer coupon
Purchase Breathe Right Strips $4.99
Purchase (2) 2 Pocket Folder .40
Purchase filler $1
Use Walgreens coupon for Theraflu -$2
Use $4 Register Reward from Razor
Use $2 Register Reward from Carefree
Use $3 Register Reward from Colgate
= .37 + $2 Register Reward from Reach, $3 Register Reward from Theraflu and $4 Register Reward from Breathe Right

Merchandise Purchased
2 packages of Carefree Liners
2 Colgate Toothbrushes
2 bottles of Theraflu
1 tube of Rembrant Toothpaste
4 2-Pocket Folders
1 Men's Razor
2 packages of Jell-O
1 package of Reach Floss
1 box of Breathe Right Strips

Price of merchandise before sales & coupons: $57.64
Total out of pocket: $4.41 for 92% savings and $9 of Register Rewards to start next week with

7 comments:

  1. I think the RR from Colgate 360 is actually $3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melody - It is $3! I did this scenario on paper and when I went to type it up it came up to more than $5. Now, I know what the problem was. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch how you use the RR from Carefree and Rembrandt. They are from the same company - McNeil. Makes things just a bit trickier to roll them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. em - Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking at a box of Rembrant. It says distributed by J&J a division of McNeil. Does that make all J&J register rewards actually from McNeil?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both my Carefree and Rembrant RR say McNeil on them. Got them yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had read somewhere recently that you can roll RR's from the same company into each other as long as they weren't for the same value. For example you could use a $2 RR from Carefree to get a $5 RR for Rembrandt, and vice versa. Is this not true?

    ReplyDelete
  7. em - Wow! I learn something new everyday. Maybe once I get my oldest off to college, I will get half my brain back. :)

    CJ - I've never heard that before, but ..... It could be right. I feel so overwhelmed today with couponing. When I think I have this couponing world figured out, I realise how much I still have to learn. :(

    ReplyDelete