Contact Me






Saturday, January 2, 2010

Coupon Preview 1/3/10

Sunday's St Louis Post-Dispatch has FIVE coupon inserts - two SmartSource, two Redplum and a General Mills

My favorite coupon of the bunch is the $2.50 off Finish Dishwasher detergent. This next week, you can pick these up for FREE after coupon and Register Reward at Walgreens.

There are lots of healthy food coupons , a $10 coupon for a Healthometer bathroom scale, and the Listerine and Reach coupons don't expire until 2011!


Some of my favorite coupons this week:
  • B1G1 Oust Surface Disinfectant & Air Sanitizer
  • B1G1 Stayfree
  • B1G1 Nivea Lip Care
  • $3 off L'Oreal makeup, powder, blush or concealer
  • $2.50 off Finish Quantum Powerball Tabs or Gelpacs
  • $2 off L'Oreal EverStrong or EverPure Shampoo or Conditioner
  • $2 off Nivea Body Lotion
  • $2 off Nivea Body Wash for Women
  • $1.50 off Marcal Smart Steps Paper Towel, 2 roll or larger
  • $1 on any Johnson's Baby Product
  • $1 off Wholly Guac or Wholly Salsa
  • $1 off YoPlus 4-pack
  • $1 off Yoplait Frozen Smoothie
  • $1 off GE Light Bulbs
  • .75 off Barilla Plus Pasta
  • .75 off McCormick Spice or Herb
  • .40 off Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers

Target Coupons

  • $3 off 92 ct. or larger Huggies Snug & Dry Diapers
  • $2 off 49 ct. or larger Pull-Ups
  • $1 off 184 ct. or larger Huggies baby wipes
  • $1 off Kotex
  • $1 off 10 pk 110 ct. Keenex facial tissue


Remember: You want multiple coupons to use when a product is at a rock bottom price. When it's a good coupon insert week, I purchase 4 or 5 papers and sometimes acquire more. At first, I thought it was crazy to spend money to save money. But I've always saved much more than my $1 investment.

DEAL$ and Dollar Tree sell the Sunday Post-Dispatch for $1. The early edition is published on Saturday and it includes all the coupon inserts. And they usually still have Sunday papers left on Monday. Find the Deal$ or Dollar Tree closest to you.

16 comments:

  1. I will be picking up quite a few myself...between the Finish Dishwasher Detergent and the Huggies/Target coupons, we're off to a great New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI wacki - December is so lacking in coupons. It's nice to see a great week again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To rehash an old royal pain of mine, who get those Journal 'lite' papers, I wasn't too happy yesterday. I'm up north and find at least six bundles of last Wednesday Journals left in one of those yellow and green recyle dumpster. I've even found the Sunday edition w/inserts back in the no/coin boxes at a NC condo. Like NBPR forms, if you don't grab your fair share, others will come along and take all.

    Note if you do get a free Journal thrown on your lawn, Colgate-Palmolive MQ or the seperate GM insert won't be included. Given the Valassis (pre-Red Plum) insert(s) use to be included in the 'free' Journals, perhaps we should be concern that a shrinking P-D subscription base might cause the Red Plum to be deleted from the Sunday P-D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeri - Do you know if the Wags RR sale includes the Quantum dishwasher tabs. I was excited to see the Q, but it says it is for the Quantum ones. I hope this will work, as I really need to stock up on dishwasher deetergent before the baby comes.

    Thanks, and Happy New Year!
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to get my stash of papers at Deals this week. The gals know me from coming in. I got 10 papers today and they were all laughing that it must be a good coupon week when I come in and get 10 papers because I usually just get my normal five.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi kas - I sure hope Redplum isn't deleted from the Post Dispatch.

    Hi Staci - The Finish coupon says it is good for Quanutm, Powerball Tabs or Gelpacs. The Walgreens ad just says 20 pack and it pictures Powerball Tabs. So I think its a go for this coupon and the sale. I'm planning on stocking up. Love the high value Finish coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeri - Thanks! I guess I read the Q wrong. I'm blaming pregnancy brain! =)

    Now to decide how many papers to buy.

    ~Staci

    ReplyDelete
  8. No problem Staci. I'm usually the one missing the off 2 on a coupon and I can't blame it on pregnacny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi...I am new to your blog, but when my paper came today, it only had one Smart Source...and I didn't see the dishwashing coupon. Am I looking in the right place? Thanks in advance for all your help! Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Liz - The week's Sunday Post-Dispatch should have 5 insert total with two of them from SmartSource. Your paper might have been short an insert. Sometimes that happens, and sometimes when your lucky you get two of the same inserts. You could call the Post-Dispatch on Monday and see if can do anything when this happens.

    This week is one of the best weeks of the year for coupon inserts. It is well worth the money to purchase a few extra papers. Deal$ and the Dollar Tree both sell the Sunday paper for $1.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got 2 extra papers at Dollar Tree today. Well worth it to stock up on all those coupons. Also found onion rings and Pillsbury Flavorings in the frozen section for $1 each.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried two Dollar Trees yesterday and one today and all were out of papers. On a good week like this I guess you have to go early. I bought four at Walmart for 1.50 ea. but one was short an insert. :(

    Thanks for all your info, Jeri! I'm pretty new at this and I really appreciate your blog. I'm thinking I might try Walgreens this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi CJ - I haven't shopped at Dollar Tree. Do you know if they take coupons?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome Newbie - You're on your way to becoming a Coupon Queen with four papers. Good luck with Walgreens - it's always an adventure.

    Ask anything your want to know. My readers are fantastic and they usually answer questions answered before I can.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jeri - Dollar Tree does not take coupons.

    ReplyDelete