Contact Me






Saturday, February 13, 2010

Walgreens Deals: 2/14/10 - 2/20/10

Sale prices good February 14 - 20, 2010

See my Walgreens $5 Scenario HERE.

Valentine clearance should start on Monday. If you have candy coupons, take them with you. You might find a great deal.


Remember, you can roll Register Rewards. Take a look at Using Register Rewards.

I highlight only the best deals. Take a look at Walgreens' full ad here -as of Sunday. Or a scan of the ad at I Heart Wags.


:: Free this Week ::

Air Wick i-motion - 50% off
Regularly priced from $7.99 to $8.99
$4 - 2/7/10 SS
Final price: FREE to .50 each
If your store's Air Wicks are regularly priced at $7.99, the cashier might have to adjust the coupon to $3.99.


:: Cheep this Week ::

Campbell's Tomato Soup - .69 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 4 Cooking Soups - HERE
Final price: .44 each when you buy 4

Skippy Peanut Butter - 2/$3
.60 - 1/31/10 RP (use 2)
Final price: .90 each when you buy 2

Gillette Fusion Manual or Power MVP Razor System - $8.99
Receive $4 Register Reward (P&G)
$4 - 2/7/10 P&G
Final price: .99 each

Crest Pro-Health Mouthwash - 2/$7
Receive $2.50 Register Reward when you buy 2 (P&G)
$2 off Crest Rinse - 2/7/10 P&G (use 2)
Final price: .25 each when you buy 2 after coupons & Register Reward

Quaker Quick -1 Minute Oats - $1.50
$1 - HERE (use 2)
Final price: .50 each when you buy 2

NyQuil or DayQuil - $5 (buy 4)
Buy $20 or more, receive $10 in Register Rewards (P&G)
$2 - 1/17/10 P&G (use 4)
Final price: .50 each when you buy 4 after coupon & Register Rewards
+ use (2) Buy 2 Vicks products get one Puffs FREE - 2/7/10 P&G

Ricola Drops - $1.29 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 2 Natural Cough, Throat or Vitamin C Drops - 1/17/10 SS
Final price: .79 each when you buy 2

Starbucks Frappuccino - $2 with in-ad coupon
$1 - HERE
Final price: $1 each

Campbell's Chunky Soup - $1.50 with in-ad coupon
$1.25 off 3 - HERE
Final price: $1 each

Kellogg's Cereal - $1.99
Frosted Flakes, Raisin Bran & Rice Krispies pictured in the ad
$1.50 off 2 - HERE
Final price: $1.24 each

Excedrin, 40-50 ct. - $3.99
Migraine and Extra Strength pictured in the ad
$2 - HERE
Final price: $1.99 each

DiGiorno Pizza - 2/$10
$1 - 1/24/10 SS (use 2)
Final price: $4 each when you buy 2

Pampers Jumbo Pack Easy Ups or Baby Drys - $8.99
Receive $1 Register Reward (P&G)
$1.50 - 2/7/10 P&G
Final price: $6.49 each after coupon & Register Reward


:: Filler Ideas ::

Salt or Baking Soda - .50 with in-ad coupon
Mandarin Oranges or Mushrooms - .50 with in-ad coupon
Valentine candy on clearance
3 Musketeer Bars

18 comments:

  1. Has anyone found "cheaper" fillers at Walgreens, regular price or clearance items?

    My usual filler is Ramen Noodles which costs 39cents (16cents only @ SNS). Makes me feel bad that am paying more for the filler than the items am really buying like the "deal price" of the mouthwash this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont usually buy "cheaper" fillers like pencils or small candy. If I need a filler I usually buy a bigger item that I need like chips or paper plates. My OOP will be higher but I figure it's better to spend my money on things I really need instead of cheaper items that I wont use. I usually have enough items that I dont have coupons for, so I dont usually need a filler to use up my RRs. My favorite filler used to be the .25 packets of Kleenex but they arent a good deal now that they are .89.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My big purchase at Wags this week will be the Cottonelle wipes. I'll buy 5 for $9.95, use $10RR and get $2.50 rebate from Caregivers Marketplace. And I'll get 3 Starbucks Frappuccinos for $1 each after coups. I'm hoping to get to CVS later in the week for some freebies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The individual Sunbelt granola bars by the hostess cakes are .25 cents. They make good fillers and are yummy. :) I sometimes get the mini highlighlighters b/c at my wags they are always .25 cents. HTH

    ReplyDelete
  5. CJ I am so with you on the fillers. Okay so how many pencils can you have? I like to buy a pkg of raisins or something like that I will actually use. This week I did buy alot of 3 musketers though but sent them with my husband to work. It is not a very good week but at least it will give me a break from shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the dried fruit for $1. I usually try to find something I need, too. Or stickers, chapsticks, or gloss for .49. It's hard to find something for less than 50 cents. I'll look for the granola bars--thanks! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your inputs. We eat Ramen noodles once in a while. I always cook it with an egg and spinach to make it "healthier". Wish it's price at Wags is not so high though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great discussion on fillers. I go in spurts. For a while the holiday junk then I get tired of wasting my money and I get Ramen noodles, but they are so expensive compared to the grocery store. My favorite filler is individual holiday candy on clearance. But that only happens a few weeks of the year.

    Thanks Jenny B. I'll look for the granola bars -much healthier than candy.

    Lynda - I'm ready for a break from Walgreens too. It seems like I have a Register Reward expiring every week and feel such pressure to roll them. I should just spend my RRs and call it quits for awhile.

    I could get into CVS. No fillers needed, a month to spend ECBs, coupon friendly cahsiers ..... but Walgreens deals have been great lately.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish Wags would carry single size chips/Fritos/Doritos for around .40 like grocery stores do, that would be a great filler for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did anyone hear that Wags maybe starting with a card similar to CVS? I read something about it on another site. I wonder what that is going to be all about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynda - Every few months, I read something about Walgreens changing to a card system. And long time couponers come back and say they have been hearing that for years.

    I personally hope they go to a system like CVS. CVS is so much easier to shop at.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Follow up to Lynda's question about rumors of a loyalty card at Walgreens.

    From a Rueters article "One strategy that could help drive sales is a loyalty card. Walgreen plans to test different loyalty strategies, all including cards at first, in three to four unnamed markets this spring, he said."

    See entire artilce here -
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE61859H20100209

    This is quit an interesting article. Walgreens did not have a good. The article mentions that CVS was out performing Walgreens.

    Maybe Walgreens' CEO should sign up for the new TV show "Undercover Boss". I'm all for better shopping expierence at Walgreens, but I'm not sure they have to try something new - just fix the problems with the current stategy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got (3) $4 coupons for the Air Wick i-Motion which was $3.99 each. The 2 coupons went through but the register won't accept the 3rd one so cashier told me that I couldn't use it. I was not in the mood to speak with a manager today so I just told the cashier to take off the one Air Wick. I wonder how their cash register works now. :l Btw, I also had 2 Crest mouthwash and a Ramen (as filler for my RR) on the transaction.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can someone help me with this?? I read on another site to be wary of the coupon printer that it is considered malware and can be harmful to your computer. This being said I removed it but am missing the coupons!!!!! HELP! Any computer gurus out there..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi coupon.girl - Walgreens' registers won't accept coupons for more than the price of the product. In this case since you were buying 3, it took the first two coupons because it was reading the total price of the three. The third coupon put it over the total of the Air Wicks.

    When a manufacturer coupon is for more than the price of the product, the cashier need to adjust the coupon value down to the price of the product.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous - I haven't read this info. I've been printing coupon for over a year and haven't had any problems.

    Do you have more information? Is it just one printer program?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also usually use something I need (at a decent price) as a filler. I also like the mini bags of microwave popcorn ($.39) or 3 for $1.

    ReplyDelete
  18. sorry to not have more info on the coupon printing. apparently it has some sort of malware? read this on another site, it causes problems for the computer? any one else heard of this?

    ReplyDelete