Contact Me






Saturday, June 12, 2010

Walgreens $5 Scenario - Week of 6/13/10

The most cost effective way to shop at Walgreens is to roll your Register Rewards from week to week.

If you are following my weekly Walgreens $5 Scenarios, you have a $5 Register Reward from last week to start with. If you have no Register Reward, this is still a great scenario to get started shopping at Walgreens.

Check out all of this week's Walgreens deals HERE.

Transaction #1
purchase:
(1) Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor $9.89
(1) Nestle Candy Bar $0.89 (need as filler to use Register Reward)
use:
(1) Gillette Fusion coupon (6/6/10 P&G) - $4.00
Walgreens in-ad coupon for Nestle Candy -$0.50
Register Reward from last week -$5.00
= $1.28 + tax out of pocket and receive a $5 P&G Register Reward

Transaction #2
purchase:
(1) Nivea for Men Active 3 Body Wash $5.99
(1) Schick Hydro 3 or 5 Razor $7.99
(1) Nestle Candy Bar $0.89 (needed as filler to use Register Reward)
use:
(1) Nivea Body Wash coupon (5/2/10 RP) -$3.00
(1) Schick Razor coupon (6/13/10 SS) -$5.00
Walgreens in-ad coupon for Nestle Candy -$0.50
P&G Register Reward -$5.00
= $1.27 + tax out of pocket and receive a $6 Beiersdorf and $4 Energizer Register Reward

Transaction #3
purchase:
(2) Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Gel $6.00
(1) Nestle Candy $0.89 (needed as filler)
use:
(2) $1 Scrubbing Bubbles coupons (6/13/10 SS) -$2.00
Walgreens in-ad coupon for Nestle Candy -$0.50
Energizer Register Reward -$4.00
= $0.39 + tax out of pocket and receive $1 Register Reward

Items Purchased
(2) Razors
(2) Toilet Bowl Cleaners
(1) Body wash
(3) Candy Bars

Total retail before sales & coupons: $40.22
Total out of pocket: $3.04 + tax for 92% savings
And a $6 and $1 Register Reward to start next week

If you didn't start with the $5 Register Reward, you still only spent $8.04 for an 80% savings.

13 comments:

  1. HI jeri help me out with this trans., I have 2 $2.50 each RR from 2 weeks back(kotex deal),expiring tomm. just want to roll them as there's nothing else that I plan to buy..So Can I use both of them in same trans. & also can I use newspaper as a filler item, because I have to buy that in any case So trying not to buy extra candies....
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spice,

    You can use both of them in the same transaction, but since they count as "coupons," you need at least the same number of items as RR's. I believe you can use the RR's to purchase a newspaper, but I'm not positive.

    rawfoodgal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks rawfoodgal.....now I need answer for newspaper....can I use it as filler or not...jeri help me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've used RRs to buy newspapers before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeri (or anyone else)
    Do you know if the RR deal on the little drumsticks(buy 12 dollars, get 4 RR) is a monthly deal? Or is it this week only?

    Thanks for all you do! you have the best wags scenarios and review. It is simple, and easy to follow. I gave on SD and AFW and all those sites b/c they are just too complicated....this is a honest matchup that is easy to follow. As my kid would say, you ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you know what you can use the register rewards for? I am confused with the P&G RR, Energizer RR, etc. example: Do you have to use the Engergizer RR for energizer batteries only? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brenda, I will answer. You can use register rewards for almost anything in the store, with a few exclusions such as you cannot use it on stamps or gift cards, alcohol and tobacco, sales tax, money orders, prescriptions, and dairy too I think. Other than that, pretty much anything is game. You do have to make sure that the value of the items you are buying totals the same amount or more than the register reward is worth (i.e. you must buy $5.00 or $5.01 of merchandise to use a $5 RR). The other thing you should know is that while you CAN use RR to purchase items by the same manufacturer that are producing register rewards that week, if you do that, the items you purchase will likely NOT give you answer RR. For example, if Gillette Body Wash is $4.99 and you get a $5RR. If you come back and use that $5RR to buy another $4.99 Gillette, you probably will not get another $5 RR. However, you WILL get a register reward if you use one RR from Gillette to buy something from another manufacturer (say, buying Zantac) which is producing a RR that week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My scenario for this week is to get the Hydro razor, Nivea body wash, Starbucks 4 pack and a small filler. Use $9 in coupons and $10RR, pay less than $1 OOP and make $4 profit. Hope they have everything in stock.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm yet to be told no on usage of a RR on a gallon of milk. Yes, I'll pay extra (compare to Aldi) if one or more RR is ready to expire. Also remember to take in account some of the tax is deducted when MQ and RR are used. I've came up short a few times and forced to buy a candy bar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Spice - Like others said, yes you can buy newspapers with RR. I hate the $1 RR becuase so much of them are wasted with a filler. I'm going to make it my policy to buy a newspaper with them. Thanks guys for getting back to Spice before I could.

    Hi Anonymous - I'm out of the loop on the Drumstick deal. Sorry.

    Hi Brenda - Couponmama has a great explaination of how to use RR. Thanks, Couponmama.

    I put the manufacturer's name issuing the RR after the deal offer, so shoppers can make their plans and accordingly. Many items are made by the same manufacturer that sometimes you wouldn't think of (P&G makes Pringles and Gillette) You DON'T want to use a RR on another RR deal from the same manufacturer.

    Keep asking question if we haven't made it clear. I'm sure you are not the only one with questions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Walgreens on Hartman Lane in Shiloh is bad news!! Most unfriendly for coupons. Today they argued I had too many q"s for items purchased. I had 6 items, 2 q"s, and 2 RR so I def did MIT have more coups than items. After arguing with the cashier fir over 10 min I left the stuff on the counter and left. Ugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the help. I was told by a cashier I couldn't use my RR, so I was confused, but it seems she was confused. I guess I will have to ask for a manager next time. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Cheryl - Good for you for leaving the merchandise at the store. There are too many Walgreens around to have to deal with ones that are coupon unfriendly.

    Hi Brenda - Feel confident about shopping at Walgreens. The cashiers are not trained well about coupons. You will know real soon after talking to a manager if you need to find a different store or just different cashier to check out with.

    ReplyDelete