Contact Me






Sunday, July 4, 2010

Kmart Field Notes 7/4/10


Did anyone stop at Kmart today for the Double Coupon Event?

I stopped at the store in the City around noon. I don't trust Kmart after some of the shenanigans they've pulled, so I stopped at the Customer Service desk to confirm that the store was doubling health and beauty coupons up to $2 this week. The girl at Customer Service knew nothing about it, but she did call someone and confirm they were.

Bloggers everywhere have lists of Kmart coupon match-ups, so I printed a few and took the lists with me to confirm prices. Many of my store's prices were significantly different. It was not uncommon for the prices to be a dollar or two higher, and in one case $7.50 higher! Yes, I checked prices at the scanner. I don't know if stores' prices vary that much, or where the list of prices came from to begin with.


:: Prices I found at Kmart, 6650 Manchester Rd., St Louis ::

Bayer Low Dose Aspirin, 81 mg. 36 tablets- $1 (clearance price)
$1 - 6/27/10 RP
Final price: FREE

U by Kotex Liners Tin - .99 (clearance price)
$1 U by Kotex printable coupon
Final price: FREE

Oral B Advantage Toothbrush
- $2.99
$2 - 7/4/10 P&G
Final price: FREE

Visine
- $3.99
$2 - 4/11/10 RP
Final price: FREE

Gillette Deodorant - $4.39
$2 - 7/4/10 P&G
Final price: .39 each

Tampax Pearl, 18 ct. - $4.69
$2 - 6/6/10 P&G
Final price: .69 each

Gillette Body Wash - $4.59
$2 - 7/4/10 P&G
Final price: .59 each

Advil PM - $5.75
$2 Advil PM printable coupon
Final price: $1.75 each

Bengay Products - $5.79
$2 - 5/16/10 RP and 6/20/10 RP
Final price: $1.79 each

Benefiber Sticks, 6 ct. - $6.29
$2 Befefiber Sticks printable coupon
Final price: $2.29 each


:: Prices from Kmart's 7/4/10 ad ::

Pantene Stylers - $3.50
$2 - 6/27/10 Parade Magazine
Final price: FREE

Right Guard Total Defense 5 - $2.50
$1.50 Right Guard Total Defense 5 printable coupon
or $1 Right Guard Total Defense 5 printable coupon HERE and HERE
Final price: FREE to .50 each

Garnier HerbaShine Hair Color - $6.99
$2 Garnier HerbaShine printable coupon
or $2 - 6/13/10 RP
Final price: $2.99 each

Megan at Megans Money Madness shopped today at the South County Kmart.
Check out a list of the deals she found HERE.

Have you found some great deals at Kmart? If you have, please chime in on the discussion in comments and tell us what you found and where.

7 comments:

  1. Does anyone know if this includes diapers? I've heard mixed reports on the forums. Some people say anything that is not edible, other are more specific. Would be thrilled to get some cheap diapers, but not holding my breath...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi couponmama - There hasn't been any chatter about Kmart here. I don't know if many people are enticed by this double coupon deal. You might try leaving a comment on Megans site. I think she has a little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm skipping Kmart doubles this time, unless I feel compelled to do CVS later in the week. For just 5 doubled coupons, it's not worth the drive by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi CJ - There isn't much to stop at Kmart for even if it's not out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Kmart's super doubles last year, and I remember what a high it was, but I think I do just as well now at the drugstores. I still have unusual items I bought last year for "free". And a lot of it is not donate-able, I just need to finish up what is partially used. Sometimes something is cheap because it is useless. BTW, when I was at Deal's, I was like, really, BRECK'S???? They still make that? And a bunch of other brands I haven't seen in years. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I did pretty well at Kmart this morning and I used 2 coupons the first round went to the car regrouped with the hubby and went back and was able to use 4 more coupons that doubled!
    My totals were $56.66 before coupons and $12.76 after!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelly - I agree that you can do as well at the drugstores as with Kmart doubles this time. My favorite items I got on the previous double events were cleaning supplies and dog treats. I would have liked it better if household and food prodcuts were doubled.

    Hi Anonymous - Great job!

    ReplyDelete