Contact Me






Monday, July 5, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 7/5/10

Once again, if it can't be cooked on the grill, it's not on the menu at our house.

It seems like we get in a rut this time of year, but no one in the family seems to care. A piece of grilled meat, salad and fresh fruit seems to keep everyone happy.

Monday: Baby back ribs, potato salad, fresh fruit

Tuesday: Grilled hamburgers, leftover potato salad, fresh fruit

Wednesday: Grilled chicken breasts, garlic mashed potatoes, green salad, fresh fruit

Thursday: BBQ pork sandwiches, green salad, fresh fruit

Friday: Leftovers

Saturday: Chef salads

Sunday: Grilled pork chops, long grain & wild rice, veggie, fresh fruit

If you would like more meal planning ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday at orgjunkie.com

7 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you're taking advantage of the grill. It's what summertime is about and it's so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want hamburgers bad. I think I'll put them on the menu for next week. I haven't had good burgers in a while. How do you build yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betty - I take the easy way out. I bought premade patties on sale a few weeks ago. I repackaged them into meal sized packages and have them in the freezer. I'm not much of a cook, but I get dinner on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fixin's? That's what I meant. Up until a few years ago my cooking was boiling water for spaghetti and pouring cold sauce from a jar. It's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is also a great time of year to pull out the crockpot. Brisket, BBQ beef, chicken--you can cook all of your meat in the crockpot and not heat up the kitchen that way too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Courtney - I forget about the crockpot in the summer at times. I'll do my BBQ pork in it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that you can never get tired of food on the grill! My fiance could have hamburgers almost every night and never get tired of it!

    ReplyDelete