Contact Me






Saturday, August 7, 2010

Walgreens $5 Scenario - Week of 8/8/10

The most cost effective way to shop at Walgreens is to roll your Register Rewards from week to week.

If you are following my Walgreens $5 Scenarios, you have a $8 of Register Rewards from last week to start with.

Make sure you take your pocket change. With this scenario, you can do four transactions and pay with coins for each of them.

Check out all of this week's Walgreens deals HERE.

Transaction #1
purchase:
(1) Dial NutriSkin Body Wash $3.99
(1) Bausch & Lomb Bio True Multi-Purpose Solution $4.99
(2) 2-Pocket Folders @ .09 = $0.18 (need as filler to use Register Rewards)
use:
(1) Dial NutriSkin printable coupon -$1.00
(1) Bio True printable coupon -$1.00
P&G Register Reward from last week -$5.00
Kellogg's Register Reward from last week -$2.00
= $0.16 + tax out of pocket and get a $3 Henkel and $4 Bausch & Lomb Register Rewards.

Transaction #2
purchase:
(1) Schick Hydro 3 or 5 Blade Razor $7.99
(1) 2-Pocket Folder $0.09
use:
(1) Schick Hydro coupon (8/8/10 SS) -$5.00
Henkel Register Reward from previous transaction -$3.00
= $0.08 + tax out of pocket and get a $2 Energizer Register Reward

Transaction #3
purchase:
(1) Dial NutriSkin Body Wash $3.99
(2) U by Kotex products $7.00
(1) 2-Pocket Folder $0.09
use:
(1) Dial NutriSkin printable coupon -$1.00
(2) U by Kotex manufacturer coupons (8/8/10 SS) -$2.00
Walgreens U by Kotex coupon from August Coupon Book -$4.00 (should deduct $4 wyb 2)
Bausch & Lomb Register Reward from first transaction -$4.00
= $0.08 + tax out of pocket and get a $3 Henkel Register Reward

Transaction #4
purchase:
(1)Bausch & Lomb Bio True Multi Purpose Solution $4.99
(2) 2-Pocket Folders @.09 = $0.18
use:
(1) Bio True printable coupon -$1.00
Henkel Register Reward from previous transaction -$3.00
Crayola Register Reward from last weeks -$1.00
= $0.17 + tax out of pocket and get a $4 Bausch & Lomb Register Reward

Items Purchased
(2) Body Washes
(2) bottles of Contact Solution
(2) packages of Feminine Hygiene products
(1) Razor
(6) 2-Pocket Folders

Total retail before sales & coupons: $44.47
Total out of pocket: $0.49 + tax for a 99% savings
And have a $6 in Register Rewards to start next week ($4 Bausch & Lomb & $2 Energizer)

If you don't have the $8 in Register Rewards to start with, you still will only spend $8.49 out of pocket with the scenario - for a 81% savings.

14 comments:

  1. Buy 1 Schick Hydro Razor at $7.99, Get $2 Register Rewards
    Use up to $10.99 Mail-in-Rebate
    Free plus overage after Register Rewards and rebate
    http://www.schickhydro.com/freehydro/america-default.asp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeri,

    I am so excited to share this. I went to Walgreen's and purchased 1 box of U by Kotex, used $1 MQ and $2 WQ, paid .53 and got a catalina coupon for a free box of Playtex tampons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I purchased 1 box of U by Kotex tampons.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a million for the info Allison =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just one more thing. It did not generate the coupon with the Kotex Security tampons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo Hoo! Thanks Allison for passing on the info.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've followed your scenarios the last 3 weeks and they have worked out great. Never had any coupons beep and the RR's always print without fail. I started frequenting the one close to my work so I could make the runs at lunch time and not have to bring my 5 year old along. The cashiers in this store are fantastic. Today the cashier was more excited than I was lol..Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anonymous - You're welcome. It's good to hear about the good expierences at Walgreens. Looks like you have found a great store to shop at.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is the best order for them to enter the coupons? Do I need to give the instore coupons last? I gave them first, and then I couldn't use my register rewards at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Has anyone received the Free Playtex coupon/cat when purchasing only one box of the U by Kotex? Just wondering if I need to buy two of them or if I can purchase just one....thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anonymous - I always give the cashier manf. coupons, Walgreens coupons then RR.

    What were you buying and what coupons were you using? I might be able to help you figure out why that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anonymous - From my understanding people are getting the Free Playtex coupon when purchasing only on box of U by Kotex tampons. But, not everyone is getting the coupon.

    I don't know if it's store specific or just random.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jeri-

    I'm anonymous 8:23pm. The cashier pushed through two of the U by Kotex coupons, giving me $8, instead of just $4, and then my coupon to items ratio was off. I went to another Walgreens near the CVS I was going to this week, and everything went fine. The cashier there was very nice and seemed to better understand the coupons. On a side note, I just have to say I really love the ease of CVS's Extra Bucks and the helpful and friendly staff. I've been in 4 or 5 times over the past couple weeks, and I always get someone different checking me out at the register, but everyone of them has been great! They usually notice I'm buying the sale items and ask how many transactions I'd like to make. I'm so glad to have found your blog! You are saving me tons of time, and I'm really starting to get good Walgreens and CVS deals. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anonymous 8:23pm - At Walgreens the ease of the trasnaction all depends on the cashier.

    I love CVS too. I'm sure the drugstores make most of their profits on prescriptions. CVS gets "it". Good customer service is going to influence customers when it comes time to deciding where to fill their presciptions.

    ReplyDelete