Contact Me






Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday Shopping Field Notes

photo by Salvatore Vuono

CVS 
  • Sales Tax -The new CVS at Gravois/Chippewa is still calculating tax before coupons.  I never realised how lucky we are in Missouri that tax is calculated after coupons; it really starts to add up. I've paid more in tax than I've spent at CVS this last few weeks.   Who shops at the new Creve Coeur store?  Have they gotten the tax problem fixed?
  • Magic Coupon Machine - Nothing too exciting for me.  $1 off Stove Top, $1 off Maxwell House 34.5 oz or Yuban 33 oz., $1 off 2 Ritz Crackerfuls, $1 off 2 Hershey Holiday candy 8-12 oz.
Walgreens
  • Signage - The store I shop is didn't have any of the Register Reward signage up.  I was hoping to see if I could find any monthly deals. I'm sure it's been a wild and busy weekend for the employees.
  • Sinex - The store I was at was completely out of Sinex 20 ct., so I couldn't check if it was triggering a RR. This deal has run for several weeks, there might not be any Sinex left in the entire Walgreens system, let alone anyone who has Sinex coupons left to use.
  • Bufferin Low Dose -  Pick it up for FREE to .49 each depending on the store you shop.  Use $3 manf. coupon in 10/17/10 SS and  $3 Waglreens coupon in December Monthly Coupon Book.
  • Beneful Dog Food - My store has 6 oz. packages for $1.  Beneful $2 coupon from 10/10/10 RP have no size exclusions.  The cashier will need to reduce the coupon or push it through.  Good luck - some will, some won't. 
Target
  • Nivea For Men Body Wash - $3 coupon matches up with the size bottle on sale.  It makes me a little concerned when a store does not list the size of a product on sale in their ad. You never know if the coupon will work until someones been to the store.
  • Milk - I passed on the Nabisco Cookie/Milk deal.  All sizes, all brands of milk were $3.34 at the store I shop.  I'll continue to buy my milk at Aldi for $2.39 to $2.87 a gallon.
  • Tim Tam Cookies - They are on sale for $2.50 if anyone still has the $1 printable coupon around.
Have you been out shopping?  Please leave a comment on what you found.

15 comments:

  1. No Sunday morning write up from me, Im exhausted after these past 3 days! I'll hit Walgreens on the way home tonight for the oatmeal and I'll likely skip CVS this week. Somehow I need to spend $35 in ECBs and $31 in RRs before I leave for vacation in 2 weeks. I do have a couple rebate items I can buy and may just spend the rest on t.p. and soda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi CJ - I know what you mean about exhausted. I felt that way before I ever hit a store.

    I have an idea on how to spend your RRs. Enteratinment books are $35. Buy one on Wed. use the Friends & Family coupon and the $10 off coupon in this week's ad - you have more than $19.75 in RR, so you could pick one up for FREE + other goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to get another entertainment book on Wednesday. The extra 15% always helps. I have $41 dollars in RRs from last week. I agree with CJ just a little worn out after the last three days. But boy oh boy did I get some great things and great money makers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the Entertainment books will be $21.25. In the past, the F&F coupons also reduce Walgreens coupons by 15%, so the EBs should ring up $29.75, but the coupons should only take off $8.50, instead of $10. I could be wrong, but that has been my experience. I just figure out what the final price after Walgreens coupons would have been and find 85% of that. Manufacturer coupons still take off the full amount. Just a heads up for people who figure their transactions to the penny ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back in 2009 when the half cent tax for police and fire fighters was on the ballot in the City, I voted against it. It's a moot point for those using an EBT card to buy groceries. Heck the vast majority on the public dole don't even clip MQ, which would ensure more purchasing power. After the voters approved the tax increase, I told myself, I guess some don't mind paying extra for their booze and smokes.

    In the past, Wags ($ off or % off) coupons worked after other MQ and Wags in-ad Q were deducted.

    $25 - (25 * .15) = $21.75 price of book

    Give thanks to the IT department up in Deerfield.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I also noticed the same thing, JB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know where to post this but I am super happy. So, I used 2 $5/$50 coupons to buy SNS gift cards a while back, thus making an $100 GC cost $90. I then bought a Kohl's $100 GC last week and got the $20 cat. Net total so far= $70 for the $100 GC. Can send the receipt for buying the GC into the Coors $10 MIR for wyb $50 of GC. Net now = $60 for $100 GC. Then I just bought $50ish stuff at Kohls, a few baby toys and a lot of christmas items. Got $15 back in Kohls cask. Net now = $45 for $100. I got two rebate receipts which I can send in for Heineken $10 wyb $20 of holidays essentials and Coors $5 wyb $15 of holiday essentials. Net now = $30 for $100. Plus I still have appx $50 left on the kohls card. AWESOME.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. couponmama - Wow! That's all I have to say. =)

    Jeri - Do you think you could periodically write a post where everyone can comment on the rebates, winetags, etc. that they have found. There are so many this time of year especially, and it is nice and helpful to have an idea of what to look out for.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went to Target this morning. I was able to get the Men's Nivea Active 3 free, as welll as the women's Nivea body wash. I had 4 of the $3 off women's body wash coupons that expire on 11/30. I'm not sure where I clipped them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job, couponmama! :)

    Ms. Jeri and couponmama, is it okay to trade MIRs? :I Coors GC MIR is eluding me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well this is more Christmas shopping deals...but thought someone could use it.

    Victoria Secret has select perfumes on sale this week for $25 (reg $45). This includes Sexy Little Things (which was on my sister's wish list!)


    My other sister wanted a sonicare toothbrush (one just like her old one, not their newest thing.) They are at Walmart for $37.97. I found a $10 off coupon and a $10 Mail in Rebate...so I'll get it for ~$20 after tax!

    I'm so happy to get them gifts they want while staying in budget!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, JB & kas! I quess we will have to see what happens on Wednesday. Everytime I try to guess how Wags has programed the registers, I guess wrong.

    Staci - Good idea to have a post where people can comment on their rebate/winetag finds.

    Nancy - I can't find the $3 Nivea for Women coupon in the coupon databases I use. But, good for you having it!

    coupon.girl - My oldest didn't come home for Thanksgiving, but I've already told him I have lots of things I want him to help me with when he's home for Xmas. Hopefully, we can come up with an easy way for people to trade. I hope he dosn't think he's going to be sleeping in while he's home.

    Hi Amber - Great job shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. couponmama - Way to stack those deals!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. coupon.girl- I wasnt able to find the coors gc mir rebate locally, so I traded for it on Hot coupon world.

    Question--probably for CJ, but anyone who does rebates may know. The MIR forms say they require an original cash register receipt (no photocopies). Has anyone sent in "rebate receipts" from stores? I'm worried about getting denied, but dont want to send in my original crt bc i have xmas gifts on it, and want to be able to return if i need to.

    ReplyDelete
  15. couponmama - Walgreen's rebate receipts are almost like regular receipts so I've used them a few times for rebates but I prefer to send the original to be sure. "Gift receipts" from Target wouldnt work for rebates because they dont even show the item or price. Best thing to do is just to by rebate items separately.

    ReplyDelete