Contact Me






Saturday, November 27, 2010

Walgreens $5 Scenario - Week of 11/28/10

If you budget $5 a week to spend at Walgreens, you can can sometimes bring home a ton of products and other weeks, not so much.  This is one of the "not so much" weeks, but that doesn't mean there aren't some great deals.  My favorite this week is the Scotch Paper Cutter.  I've heard every couponer needs one and I've never found one at the right price - until this week.

Check out all of this week's Walgreens deals HERE.

Transaction #1
purchase:
(2) Quaker Instant Oatmeal $5.00
use:
(1) $1 Quaker coupons (9/12/10 RP) - $2.00
= $3 + tax out of pocket and receive a $3 $2 Pepsico/Quaker Register Reward

Transaction #2
purchase:
(1) Command adhesives $1.50
(1) Scotch Packing Tape $1.50
(1) Scotch Paper Cutter $2.99
(1) Votive Candle $0.49 (needed as filler to use RR)
use:
(1) Command coupon (10/3/10 SS or 11/14/10 SS) - $1.00
(1) Scotch Packing Tape printable coupon -$0.50
(1) Scotch Paper Cutter printable coupon -$1.00
Walgreens in-ad coupon for Votive Candle  -$0.32
Pepsico/Quaker RR from previous transaction -$2.00
= $1.66 + tax out of pocket

Items Purchased
(2) Quaker Instant Oatmeal
(1) Command Adhesive product
(1) Scotch Packing Tape
(1) Scotch Paper Cutter
(1) Votive Candle

Retail price before sales & coupons: $24.55
Total out of pocket: $4.66 + tax for a 81% savings

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the Quaker oatmeal deal. I have 2 $2 printables so it'll be a $2 profit for me and I'll donate them to a food pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeri - I see the Quaker RR is for $2, not $3. So it will be a $1 profit for me, and .50 per box for your scenario.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, CJ! Where did you get the $2 IPQs? Oatmeal is one of my hubby's favorite. TIA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi CJ - Thanks for catching my mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the $2 offs also but think they are expired or close....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found at some Walgreens they have Splenda packets with fiber for $2.99 and I have some $2 off coupons making them only $.99!

    ReplyDelete
  7. coupon.girl - I printed 2 from somewhere a couple weeks ago, mine expire 12/31.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got a $2 off peelie coupon on the tape last week for the paper cutter. I had to use the tape for a filler and I needed some plus I knew they were on sale this week. Gonna be ready for that Christmas warapping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am telling you this new computer of mine has the most sesitive keyboard I have ever typed on. I will be wrapping instead of the way I spelled it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to Nana over at B$ for posting this link to a Wags Friends and Family Event.

    The 4 coupons are only good 1/1/10 and there is a list of restriction. Each coupon can be used for either promo. Use at either photo or the cosmetic counter only.

    Receive 15% off eligible store items
    Receive 20% off Walgreens and W Brand products
    http://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/friendsandfamily.jsp

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi All

    I'm excited about picking up a Scotch Paper Cutter. I've been wanting to try one for a long time.

    Thanks, TwinMom & kas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kelly in west countyNovember 28, 2010 at 1:34 PM

    I've only been couponing for a few months. Was reading a wags forum on hcw. One of the posters said that you can use rr (or jingle cash) at other stores - like supermarkets - because they are mqs. She said she had used $60+ in RR at her grocery store.

    That didn't sound right to me (although I would love it if it were true.) Thought I would ask the pros here. ;-)

    thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kelli - I asked at Schnucks last year, they will only take Walgreens RRs that list a specific item (like $1 off Puffs), not the ones that are just an amount off your next order. I've heard that SNS will not take Walgreens RRs at all. I dont know about Dierbergs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kelly - Like CJ said, not here in St Louis. Some grocery stores in other parts of the country do, but St Louis isn't a very competitive grocery market and stores are way behind the times in many ways.

    ReplyDelete