Contact Me






Friday, March 4, 2011

Saved 86% This Week

Walgreens
Last Sunday was almost as good as Black Friday at Walgreens.  Too bad, Walgreens has become a "You Snooze you Loose" shopping experience.  You shouldn't have to shop first thing Sunday morning to get the deals.

I spent some of my Register Reward earnings on coffee and lunch bags and I'm keeping the rest for future weeks.

Before sales, coupons and rolling Register Rewards: $103.13
Spent: $1.49
Saved: $101.64 for a 99% savings

CVS
CVS was almost as good as Walgreens this week for me.  I had a raincheck for the Skippy and couldn't pass up the Valentines chocolates  for 90% off.

Before sales, coupons and rolling ECBs: $88.79
Spent: $4.39
Saved: $84.40 for a a 95% savings

Target
I headed to Target last Saturday night for one more round of frozen food.  The frozen food Giftcard deal at Target has to be one of my favorite ever.

Before sales, coupons and rolling Giftcards: $9.91
Spent: $0.91
Saved: $9.00 for a 41% savings

Dierbergs
I didn't get to Dierbergs until early Thursday evening.  Yep, they had run out of some of the best deal on the 15 Hour Sale.  I have rainchecks for Sister Schubert's Rolls and Eckrich Sausage.  That's o.k.,  I'll let Dierbergs store them for me for a few weeks.

Before sales & coupons: $88.79
Spent: $21.69
Saved: $39.55 fora 66% savings

Aldi
Comparable Schnucks price: $15.06
Spent: $9.54
Saved: $5.52 for a 37% savings

Weekly Totals
Before sales and coupons: $378.13
Spent: $38.02
Saved: $240.11 for a 86% savings

Year to Date Totals
Spent: $358.57 ($40 average)
Saved: $1,052.46 ($117 average)

Splurge Funds: $282.83

For those who don't read my blog on a regular basis, my splurge funds are the difference between what I've actually spent and my $50 budget. I use it for those items I never find on sale, don't have coupons for, or when I'm over budget.

Last year, I spent my extra splurge funds for a freezer. This year, I'm saving them to redo my pantry.

9 comments:

  1. Jeri,

    Good shopping. I am jealous of that fact you actually got something at Wags. No stock over here. I agree with you about the Target Sale. That was fun. Dierbergs was nice this week also. Good idea letting them hold on to the Sister Schuberts. It is killing me because my oven doesn't get fixed until tomorrow (yes, me without an oven) and I love those rolls. Well, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous of the WAGS haul, but you are right about snoozing...Its getting ridiculous; I went on Tuesday and didn't get anything they had RR's for. Was upset about not getting the Baby Magic...oh well, try, try again :) Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rhonda & Tami - I was amost embarrassed to post my Walgreens pictures. I know many people weren't able to find any of the deals this week.

    I shopped at Walgreens about an hour after my store opened. I knew they had very little stock to begin with. I talked to the manager on Friday. He said he ordered more of all the good deal products and none of them came in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Wags would go to a system like CVS I don't think they would run out of stuff like they do. Then I wouldn't have to deal with people like I had to on Sunday. They would more likely have happier customers to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda - I do too. If Walgreens imposed limit with a loyalty card and gave rainchecks for RR deals I think everyone would be happier.

    On some of the forum I've seen, people talk about purchasing Walgreens merchandise for resale. That is just wrong! These would be the only people upset with limits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. I think people are taking advantage and not using restraint in St. Louis and ruining it for everyone. I live in Jeff City, MO, and we never run out on the first day...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rolland - How interesting your info is about Jeff City. I know we have a few shelf clearers in the St Louis area, but I also know the store do not start out with much stock to begin with.

    I don't know if managers don't order the good deals or it doesn't get shipped to St Louis, since we have a store on about every other corner.

    I've always thought I should go on a little field trip on Saturday evening and do a count of how many Free after RR items are in stock at the different stores.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Wags at Hampton & Gravois is always out of everything!! I did talk to a employee today & they said they never ended up with much stock on the Baby Magic because they never got a big shipment in which is dumb if they are going to make it free...I did find 1 of each at the beginning of the week, but it would of been great for shower gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi RachelSTL - I was thinking the store couldn't have started with much stock. I wonder if that is a Corporate problem of not shipping enough or a manager problem of not ordering enough.

    ReplyDelete