Contact Me






Saturday, April 16, 2011

Walgreens $5 Scenario - Week of 4/17/11


The most cost effective way to shop at Walgreens is to roll Register Rewards - spend Register Rewards on products that trigger more. If you're following my $5 Scenarios, you have a $4 Dentovations Register Reward  to start this week's shopping.

Check out all of this week's Walgreens deals HERE.

Transaction #1
purchase:
(2) Colgate Total Advanced or Gum Defense Toothpaste @$3 each = $6.00
(1) Easter Gift Sack or Tumbler $0.39 (estimated price - needed as filler to use RR)
use:
(2) $1 Colgate coupon (4/10/11 SS) - $2.00
Walgreens in-ad coupon for Easter Gift Sack or Tumblers -$0.22
Register Reward from last week - $4.00
= $0.17 + tax out of pocket and get a $4 Colgate-Palmolive RR

Transaction #2
purchase:
(2) Always LeakGuard Plus Pads @$3 each = $6.00
(1) Easter Gift Sack or Tumbler $0.39 (needed as filler)
use:
(2) $1 Always coupon (4/03/11 P&G) -$2.00
Walgreens in-ad coupon for Easter Sack or Tumblers -$0.22
Register Reward from previous transaction -$4.00
= $0.17 + tax out of pocket and get a $4 P&G RR

Transaction #3
purchase:
(1) NasoGel Drip Free Gel Spray $4.99
use:
Register Reward from previous transaction -$4.00
= $0.99 + tax out of pocket and get a $5 Newell Rubbermaid RR

Transaction #4
purchase:
(1) Reach Total Care Floss or Toothbrush $2.99
(1) Goody Ouchless Hair Accessory $3.00
(1) Easter Gift Sack or Tumbler  $0.39
use:
(1) Reach coupon (4/17/11 SS) - $1.00
Walgreens in-ad coupon for Easter Gift Sack or Tumbler -$0.22
Register Reward from previous transaction -$5.00
= $0.16 + tax out of pocket and get a $2 Johnson & Johnson and a $3 Newell Rubbermaid RR

Transaction #5
purchase:
(2) Nivea Body Wash @ $3.79 each = $7.58
(2) Dove Candy Bars @$0.89 each = $1.78
(1) Ajax Cleanser $0.99
use:
(2) $3 Nivea Body Wash Coupon (4/17/11 RP) $6.00
(1) .75/2 Dove coupons (3/06/11 RP) - $0.75
Walgreens in-ad coupon for Dove Candy Bars $1.00
Walgreens in-ad coupon for Ajax - $0.49
Johnson & Johnson Register Reward from previous transaction -$2.00
= $0.11 + tax out of pocket

Items Purchased
(2) Colgate Total Toothpaste
(2) Always LeakGuard Plus Pads
(2) Nivea Body Wash
(2) Dove Candy Bars
(1) NasoGel Drip Free Gel Spray
(1) Goody Ouchless Hair Accessory
(1) Reach Toothbrush or Floss
(1) Ajax Cleanser
(3) Easter Gift Sacks or Tumblers

Total retail before sales & coupons: $39.96
Total out of pocket: $1.60 + tax for a 96% savings
And have a $3 Newell Rubbermaid Register Reward to start next week's shopping.

If you don't have the $4 Register Reward to start out with, you will spend $5.60 from this scenario - a 86% savings.

17 comments:

  1. Is the register rewards program available in St. Louis? According to the Walgreens website, the closest area with the program is Kansas City?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can get one in st.louis area

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any idea which Walgreens in St. Louis participates? I've been to 3 of them today and all have said they don't offer the program in our area yet? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a card/points program similar to CVS which has debuted in some areas, including Kansas City. As far as I know, it is not available anywhere in St. Louis. The register rewards Jeri is referring to are catalina coupons that print after you check out and are not linked to any type of membership card. They are dollar off coupons for your next purchase that can used on almost anything in the store (excluded items include gift cards, alcohol, tobacco, and if you use it the same item that generated it, you won't get another one.) All the deals above are valid everywhere in St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am knew at this and i am not sure they do this rewards program here in L.A. i was at my local walgreens yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can go to the WALGREENS Facebook page & ask ;)
    I believe it is nationwide. They tell you in the AD about the products you can purchase & get the RR on.

    Last week they had BOGO on brooms & mops for $13.99 for 2 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. can I use RR from last week's colgate deal $3 for this weeks colgate deal....thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. & if not than which deal I can use it for...please help...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi All - If you have any questions if your local Walgreens offers Register Reward deals or if they offer Walgreens Rewards Bonus Point, check Walgreens online ad for your local area.

    As far as I know the Rewards Bonus Points program is being tested in only a few markets in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anonymous - If you use a RR to pay for a new RR deal and they are both products from the same manufacutrer, chances are you won't get the new RR.

    I never use a RR from the same manf. to purchase another deal from them.

    If you have a $3 Colgate RR from last week, use it to buy Goody Ouchless Accessories. You will get $3 RR from Goody/Newell Rubbermaid and then turn around and use that RR to buy more Colgate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. anyone have problems with the goody rr not printing?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi jelyni - I din't get to Wags yesterday, and haven't had any readers mention problems with Goody, but over at Wild for Wags, it sounds like lots of people did have problems with them even rining up for $3. Did your store fix the problem for you when you were there?

    ReplyDelete
  13. No, I just returned them at that point because I was frustrated. The cashier wouldn't let me use 2 $3 off on the B1G1 Shick Razors because that is apparantly their policy. I asked to speak to a manager and she told me it would be a while because they were busy.
    I didn't think I would be able to remain polite for much longer (she was being rude throughout the entire transaction, she spread out all my coupons and randomly picked them up, scanned some, moved some around, made it really hard to keep track of what she had actually done. You should see my reciept, she pulled it out to check it like 3 or 4 times and had to void/rering things when she confused herself. plus my daughter was getting fussy) so I just left without the Goody or razors. I will try again at a different wags today. Hopefully I will have better luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jelyni - Ouch, that does sound like a rough trip. I've learned to had the cashier coupons in small groups. Then I can track what they are doing. If they ask me why I don't hand them all over, I tell them I'm checking to see if I bought all the products I had coupons for. Or if they are nasty, I just tell them I'm handing them over in small groups so I can make sure they ring them all up.

    If I were you, I'd try a difernet store.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jeri,how many same no. of coupons can be used in one transaction...ex. can I use 6 coupons for 6 scotch tapes this week.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super Job!! Look out for the $1 peelie on the NasoGel Drip Free Gel Spray $4.99

    ReplyDelete