Contact Me






Saturday, April 16, 2011

Walgreens Deals - Week of 4/17/11


Walgreens Deals  - April 17 - 23, 2011

Take a look at Walgreens ad HERE.

This is an updated list from the Sneak Peek I posted on Friday.  It reflect the coupons in the Post-Dispatch and things I missed the first time. Additions to the list are noted as *NEW*.

B1G2 Scotch Magic Tape - $1.99 with in-ad coupon
$1 off Scotch Magic Tape printable coupon (Use 3 - coupon sent via email when you sign up for eNewsletter)
Final price: $1.01 Money-Maker
Make sure you are purchasing other merchandise to cover the overage.

*NEW* Chocolate Peeps - .50 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 2 Peeps Chocolate Items printable coupon
Final price: 2 FREE

NasoGel Drip Free Gel Spray (1 oz) - $4.99
Get a $5 Register Reward  (NeilMed)
Final cost: FREE after RR

Goody Ouchless Hair Accessories - $3
Get a $3 Register Reward (Newell Rubbermaid)
Final cost: FREE after RR

Reach Total Care - $2.99
30 yd. Floss or Toothbrush
Get a $2 Register Reward (Johnson & Johnson)
$1 off Reach Toothbrush or Floss Product printable coupon  (coupon no longer available)
$1 - 4/17/11 SS
Final cost: FREE after coupon and RR

Colgate total Advanced or Gum Defense Toothpaste (4 oz) - $3
Get a $4 Register  Reward when you buy 2 (Colgate Palmolive)
$1 - 4/10/11 SS (use 2)
Final price: 2 FREE after coupons and RR

Always LeakGurad Plus Pads (22 pack) - $3
Get a $4 Register Reward when you buy 2 (P&G)
$1 - 4/03/11 P&G (use 2)
Final cost: 2 FREE after coupons and RR

50% off Air Wick FreshMatic Compact - online price $7.99
$4 - 3/20/11 SS and 4/17/11 SS
Final price: possibly FREE
You store prices might be higher than the online price.

Crayola on the Go - $1.50
$2 off Crayola Explosion Product - 4/03/11 SS
$1 off Crayola wonder Product - 4/30/11 SS
Final price: FREE to .50 each
Cashier will have to reduce the Explosion coupon.  Take a copy of Walgreens coupon policy when you shop.  Some cashier and managers don't know what the policy says.


:: Cheap This Week ::

Dove Candy Bars - .39 with in-ad coupon
.75 off 2 - 3/06/11 RP
Final price: .03 for 2 candy bars

Always Dri Liners (40 pack) - $3
Get a $4 Register Reward when you buy 2 (P&G)
.50 - 4/03/11 P&G (use 2)
Final cost: .50 each wyb 2 after coupons and RR

Halls Drops (20 to 30 ct) - $1.39
.75 - 3/27/11 SS
Final price: .64 each

Nivea or Nivea for Men Body Wash (16.9 oz) - $3.79
$3 off Nivea for Women Body Wash - 4/17/11 RP
$3 off Nivea for Men Body Wash - 4/17/11 RP
Final price: .79 each

Grade A Large Eggs (dozen) - $1.29
2 Free one-night Redbox DVD-rentals when you buy (2) cartons of eggs
$.55 off 2 Cartons of Eggs printable coupon (coupon no longer available)
Final price: $1.02 each wyb 2 + (2) Redbox free rentals codes

Garnier Fructis Hair Care - 4/$14
Get a $4 Register Reward when you buy 4 (L'Oreal)
$1 off Shampoo or Conditioner - 2/06/11 RP and 3/06/11 RP
$1 off Style Product 2/06/11 RP and 3/06/11 RP
Final cost: $1.50 each wyb 4 after coupons and RR

L'Oreal Elnett Hair Spray - 2/$12
Get a $3 Register Reward when you buy 2 (L'Oreal)
$3 - 4/17/11 SS RP (use 2)
Final cost: $1.50 each wyb 2 after coupons and RR
Coupon is not valid for the size of Elnett on sale.


*NEW* Scott Naturals Paper Towel (6 rolls) - $5
$1.50 off 6 or more Scott Naturals Towels printable coupon
and use $1 Waglreens coupon in April Coupon Book
Final price: $2.50 each

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor System - $9.99
Get a $4 Register Reward (P&G)
$3 - 4/03/11 P&G
Final cost: $2.99 after coupon and RR

Schick Intuition Razor System - $8.99
Get a $3 Register Reward (Schick Wilkinson Sword/Energizer)
$3 off Schick Intuition Razor printable coupon (Facebook)
Final cost: $2.99 after coupon and RR

Lysol Healthy Touch Hand Soap System - $11.99
Get a $4 Register Reward (Reckitt Benckiser)
$3 off Lysol Healthy Touch Hand Soap System printable coupon
$3 - 4/17/11 SS (not in Post-Dispatch)
Final cost: $4.99 after coupon and RR

Coppertone Sun Care - $9.99
Get a $3 Register Reward (Schering-Plough)
$1 off Coppertone printable coupon
Final cost: $5.99 after coupon and RR

Enfamil Infant Formula - $22.49
23.4 oz. Premium or 22.2 oz. Gentlease
Get a $5 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Mead Johnson)
$5 off Enfamil Gentlease printable coupon (15021 zip code - use 2)
*NEW* and use $2 Walgreens coupon in Infant Care Coupon Book (one coupon deducts $4)
Submit $5 off 2 mail-in rebate (find this on the display at the store)
Final cost: $10.49 each wyb 2 after coupons, RR and mail-in rebate

Allegra 24 Hour Allergy Relief (30 ct)  - $17.99
$5 - 4/17/11 SS
Final price: $12.99 each


:: Filler Ideas ::

Easter Gift Sack or Plastic Tumbler - .17 with in-ad coupon
Easter Pen or Pencil - ..33 with in-ad coupon
Russel Stover Chocolate Egg - .39
Ajax Cleanser - .50 with in-ad coupon

33 comments:

  1. Hi All,

    Just wanted to mention if it had not been-the Biore buy 2 @$5.99 Get back $5 is a monthly deal. One of my boxes of Pore Strips had 3x -$1 any Biore Product so Free after the B1G1 + -$1/1 and RR. Hope that helps

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the 4/17 RP, under the NIVEA body wash coupon, is an ad for Walgreens (offer valid 4/17 - 4/24/11). NIVEA Women's/Men's Body Washes $3.99 - Buy one get one 50%. I'm assuming the cost for 2 would be $5.99; making them free after using 2 - $3.00 coupons. Am I thinking right?

    Also, in the 4/17 SS is a coupon for one FREE 2 Liter of BIG RED or DIET BIG RED with purchase of 2 dozen eggs. Does Walgreens carry this; and,if so, can it be used with the free RedBox Rental deal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty - Your thinking seems right on the Nivea, if your Walgreens will reduce the coupons to a total of $5.99. I've never seen Big Red soda at Walgreens.

    My Wags week started out good. Got Starbucks Frapps, 4 chocolate Peeps, 2 cheese sticks (fillers), Reach toothbrush, 2 Crayola On The Go and 2 Colgate for $4 OOP and got $6 RR and a $1 Reach catalina. The Crayola On The Go were near the diapers, not in the toy section where I've been looking for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Janet!

    Hi Patty - I'm reading the Nivea ad in the RP to mean that Nivea Lotion in on B1G1 50% off. That is also what Walgreens ad says. I'll check and see what I find out while at Walgreens today.

    Big Red was on my list to check for too. I'm with CJ on that one and don't know if I've ever seen it there, but if they do sell Big Red, yes you could use that with the egg/Redbox offer.

    Hi CJ - You are a Early Bird :) I'm still working on my first cup of coffee. Thanks for the additional info of where you found Crayola On the Go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the buy one get one 50% is only Nivia is only for the lotions. You can get a better deal at Rite Aid this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Newbie here.. wanted to know if it is legal to print out more than 1 copy of the Scotch manufacturer's internet coupon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont think the L'Oreal Elnett Hair Spray works like that. the 2/$12 is on the 2.2 size & the coupon excludes the 2.2 size....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Newbie - I'm glad you're here and asking questions. I just posted about not photocoping coupons, but as long as you can print them from your computer you're ok.

    The Scotch coupon is in pdf format. You don't see too many printable coupons in that fromat because there is not way for the manf. to limit them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anonymous - Good catch on Elnett. I'll edit my post. Thanks, a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nivea body wash is reportedly around $3 at Walmart and Target (I havent checked our area to confirm), would be free or cheap with the $3 coupons in today's inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a question on the Scotch tape - are you saying to use 3 of the manufacturer's coupons even though I'm getting two of the tapes for "free" when using the Walgreen's coupon?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi all -
    Just got back from Walgreens. The cashier adjusted the price of the Nivea Body Wash to what the coupon ad stated. So, got 2 free, instead of .79 each! Coupon ad states buy 1 @ 3.99, get 1 half off.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry guys but I have to vent!!!!! I thinks it's crazy to go to Walgreens Sunday afternoon and have the Dove Bars, Peeps and Color Wonder wiped from the shelves. I went to 2 different Walgreens too. I'm starting to get very frusterated because this is happening to me every week. I don't want to skip Church to go to Walgreens:(

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got a coupon for Scott paper towels last week with my receipt for $2.50 off. I don't know if the naturals were included, but others may also have that coupon b/c I got it when I just bought some Easter pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The last time I printed Scotch brand coupons for the packing tape they did not have the watermark and the cashier would not take the coupons based on the fact they can be photocopied
    Anyone else have this problem?

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Revlon colorsilk hair color is 2/$6 and there is $1 off 2 in the 4/17 paper. When I went to get them I also got a $3 register rewards from Kimberly Clark! So I basicly got them for $1 a piece!
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  17. I went to 2 walgreens yesterday and everything I looked for was gone from the shelves. So annoying. I think they only ever have about 3 of anything that's a good deal and unless you go at2am you won't get the deal. I so much rather go to CVS. I wish there were more of them around.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi All - Walgreens shouldn't be a "you snooze, (or got to church) you loose" shopping expiernce. It would be interesting to stop at those stores on Saturday, that never have the deals left by noon on Sunday, and see just how many they start the sale with. There are sone shelf clearers out there, but I think it is more of a stock issue.

    I've found that the 24 hour stores in my area tend to have more stock to start the sale with. I don't know if they are just shipped more, or the managers at those stores do a better job ordering the sale merchandise.

    Jenn - Yes, you can use coupon on the fee items in a B1G1 sale. Walgreens coupon policy even states that you can use 2 coupons on a B1G1 sale.

    Patty - Are you saying the Nivea Body Wash is also on a Buy one get one 50% sale?

    Anonymous - The Scotch coupon is a pdf and that type of coupon does at times pose problems sometimes. The big coupon priting sites have done a good job of putting lots of security features on their coupons and are doing a better and better job educating retailers and their employees on how to spot a fraudulent coupons. I can understand why cashiers are leary of pdfs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, frustration here too! None of the free/cheap (no peeps, no Reach toothbrushes, no Always feminine products, no Colgate toothpaste) register rewards merchandise at my store either. Monday morning. Bummer! With the price of gas, it's hardly worth making stops at other stores in the area to see if the same is true. If it is a stock issue, I wonder if there is something that can be done?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Anonymous - I understand why you are frustratd. I sometimes feel like the ad is a bait & switch. In little tiny print on the back page is Walgreens disclaimer. "Sale merchandise may not be avialable in all stores and only while supplies last."

    If it's a stock issue where a manager could have ordered sale merchandise and didn't, maybe if customers started calling/emailing corp. things would change.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi all! I empathize with you gals about the shelf "wiper-outers"!!!!!! My 24 hour Walgreens told me women were lined up at midnight with carts full, then left them there on hold.....to come back at 2am because that is when the register rewards print. Same thing at Shop N Save last week - I went at midnight to get hot products because I knew they would be gone by the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The show Extreme Couponing is encouraging a lot more people to be coupon shopper. Even a couple of shoppers can wipe out the stock of an item with a RR at Walgreens and it will only get worse as more people discover that you can really save money with coupons. The managers will not order more stock because they don't have room to keep extra stock. I think couponing will get a lot harder now. I live in a small town and the coupon shoppers go to the various store on Sunday morning and wait for the store to open so they can at least get some of the items.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was surprised I had no problems using 2 of the Scotch tape coupons, they didnt even beep. I was lucky this week finding the Reach, Colgate, Peeps and NasoGel on Sunday. I wish Walgreens would limit multiple back-to-back transactions. There's no way anyone should be allowed to load up a whole cart full of freebies at midnight. But its also a stock issue, when the stores dont order enough and dont restock. I dont know what the answer is, but I think there's fault on both sides.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi All - I wish Walgreens would do something with a loyalty card and limit the amount of one product someone can purchase. I think a lot of the shelf clearers are resellers - and that's just wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think that CVS is winning out in a big way with me largely because of the card system. It does a lot to prevent stock issues - thought they still have plenty. Also, their raincheck system is very good. Walgreens was a huge bummer this week - I really did only get 2 items and my list was 12! Mine was out of everything - not just RR freebies this week. No brownies, no eggs, nor Crayola (expected), no reach, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Huggies baby wipes are a pretty good deal this week. Buy 4 big packs (216ct) for $5.99 each = $23.96, use the infant care coupon -$8, use 4 of the $0.50 wipes coupons from a few weeks ago in the Sunday inserts, plus get back a $5 RR. Comes out to $2.24 per 216pack of wipes!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've looked everywhere for the Reach Infant Care book and can't find it. I've even asked managers and they've never heard of it. Anyone in Ohio had any luck getting a hold of one? Or know how I can get one? Thanks. I would even pay someone mailing cost if they could mail me one :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  28. Be on the lookout for NasoGel peelies. I have still found some boxes with $1 peelies and I read somewhere else that some have found $1.50 peelies. Makes for a $1 - $1.50 MM!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I bought 3 Reach toothbrushes on various days this week and got $2 RRs and $1 Reach catalinas for buying each of them. Used each catalina on another Reach purchase and still got another catalina and the RR.

    Staci - I got a $1.50 peelie on NasoGel on Sunday, havent seen any with peelies since then.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Ashley - Email me Couponstl(at) gmail (dot) com. I have a afew extra Infant care books. They have been everywhere at the stores here in St Louis. I'll be gald to send you one.

    Thanks Staci & CJ for the additional info!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Jeri- I was mailed one of the infant care books, but have already used the huggies diaper coupon. I haven't seen any of them at the Walgreens I usually frequent (Hampton/Chippewa). I'm usually with my four kiddos, and unfortunately I'm a bit distracted, so it's quite possible I'm just missing them. Where should I be looking? TIA!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Casey - I'm not sure I can tell you one spot to look. I've seen them on the ad stand, at the register, on the shelf. Every store seems to have them in a different spot.

    email me and I'll send you one. Then when you go to use a coupon from the book, don't take the coupon out of the book. The cashier dosen't need to keep the coupon since they are Walgreens coupons. You should be able to use a coupon from the book many times.

    ReplyDelete