Contact Me






Saturday, July 30, 2011

Walgreens Deals - Week of 7/31/11


Walgreens Ad Deals - 7/31 - 8/06, 2011

Take a look at Walgreens ad HERE.

This is an updated list from the Sneak Peek I posted on Thursday.   Additions to the list are noted as *NEW*.



:: Free or Better This Week ::

Alegra 24 Hour Allergy Relief (5 ct) - $6.99
$2 off Alegra Printable coupon
$6.99 Mail-In Rebate - 7/31/11 insert
= $2.00 Money-Maker after coupon and rebate

Complete Multi-Purpose Solution (12 oz)  -$8.00
Get an $8 Register Reward (Abbott Laboratories)
$1 - 7/31/11 SS
= $1.00 Money-Maker after coupon and RR

Oral-B Advantage 1-2-3 Toothbrush - 2/$6.00
Get a $3 Register Reward when you buy 2 (P&G)
$2 - 7/03/11 P&G (use 2 - Hurry! expires 7/31)
= $1.00 Money-Maker on 2 after coupon and RR

Oral-B Advantage Toothbrush - 2/$5.00
Get a $2 Register Reward when you buy 2 (P&G)
$2 - 7/03/11 P&G (use 2 - Hurry! expires 7/31)
= $1.00 Money-Maker on 2 after coupon and RR

Celadrin InflameAway Joint Health (60 ct)  - $10.00
Get a $10 Register Reward (LTS Brands)
= FREE after RR

Kids Smart Hi DHA-Omega-3 Fish Oil (30 ct) - $7.00
Get a $7 Register Reward (PharmCare US Inc)
= FREE after RR

Keri Lotion - $6.99
Get a $5 Register Reward (Novartis August RR - valid through 8/27)
$2 off Keri Lotion printable coupon
or $2 - 7/17/11 SS
or  $2 - 4/17/11 SS (Hurry! expires 7/31)
= FREE after coupon and RR

Goody Colour Collection Snap Clip (6 ct)  - $2.00
Get a $2 Register Reward (Newell Rubbermaid)
= FREE after RR

Crayola Washable Markers (8 pack Classic) - $2.00
Get a $2 Register Reward (Crayola)
= FREE after RR

ReNew Life First Cleanse (84 ct) - $20.00
$20 Mail-In Rebate - August Coupon Book
= FREE after rebate


:: Cheap This Week ::

Coffee-mate (16 oz) -2/$3.00
.55 off Coffee-mate printable coupon (use 2)
and use $1 off 2 Walgreens coupon in August Coupon Book
= $0.45 each after coupons

*NEW* Dawn Dish Liquid (10.3 oz) - $0.99
.50 - 7/31/11 P&G
= $0.49 after coupon

Dental Care - 2/$6.00
Scope Mouthwash (24 to 33.8 oz)
Crest Whitening Plus Scope Outlast or Complete with Scope Dual Blast Toothpaste (5.8 oz)
Get a $3 Register Reward when you buy 2 (P&G)
.75 off Scope - 6/12/11 RP (use 2 - Hurry! expires 7/31)
or .75 off Scope -  7/31/11 P&G (use 2)
or .75 off Crest - 7/03/11 P&G (use 2 - Hurry! expires 7/31)
or .75 off Crest - 7/31/11 P&G (use 2)
= $0.75 each after coupons and RR

Dental Care - 3/$5.00
Crest Complete Whitening Expressions or Whitening Plus Scope Toothpaste (5.8 oz)
Oral-B Floss Picks (75 ct)
Oral-B Glide Floss (32.8 t o55 yd)
Get a $2 Register Reward when you buy 2 (P&G)
.75 off Crest - 7/03/11 P&G (use 2 - Hurry! expires 7/31)
or .75 off Crest - 7/31/11 P&G (use 2)
or .75 off Oral-B Floss  - 7/03/11 P&G (use 2 - Hurry! expires 7/31)
or .75 off Oral-B Floss - 7/31/11 P&G (use 2)
= $0.75 each after coupons and RR

Head & Shoulders Shampoo or Conditioner  - 2/$8.00
Get a $2 Register Reward when you buy 2 (P&G)
B1G1 - 7/03/11 P&G (Hurry! expired 7/31)
and use .50 - 7/31/11 P&G
= $0.75 each after coupons and RR
NOTE: Before using the B1G1 coupon, stop and talk to the manager.  Walgreens registers don't  ringing up 2/$8 items as half price each.  In this case, the first product will ring up $5.99 and the second $2.01.  Ask the manager how much their store will deduct for this coupon.

Cereal or Snacks - 4/$10.00
Select Kellogg's Cereal, Special K Bars (6 ct), Nutri-Grain Bars ( 8 ct), Rice Kripsies Treats, Pop-Tarts (12 ct), Keebler Crackers (11.5 - 16 oz) or Cheez-Its (9 oz)
Get a $5 Register Reward when you buy 4 (Kellogg's)
$1 off 3 Keebler Products printable coupon
or $1 off 3 Kellogg's Cereals printable coupon
or $1 off 3 Special K Products printable coupon
or $1 off 2 Special K Bars printable coupon (use 2)
or $1 off 3 Pop-Tarts printable coupon
or $1 off 3 - Pop-Tarts - 7/24/11 RP
or $1 off 3 Select Kellogg's Cereal - 7/24/11 RP
or $1 off 2 Frosted Mini-Wheats - 7/24/11 RP (use 2 - if included in sale)
= $0.75 to $1.00 each after coupon(s) and RR

Crest Pro-Health Mouthwash (33.8 oz) - $3.99
Get a $1 Register Reward (P&G)
$2 - 7/31/11 P&G
= $0.99 after coupon and RR

Pantene Hair Care - 2/$7.00
Shampoo, Conditioner or Styling Product
Get a $2 Register Reward when you buy 2 (P&G)
$3 off 2 - 7/19/11 SS (Hurry! Expires 7/31)
= $1.00 each after coupon and RR

Ragu (23.9 to 24 oz) - 2/$3.00
.40 off 2 - 7/31/11 RP
or .60 off 3 - 7/31/11 RP - (coupon in the St Louis Post-Dispatch)
= $1.20 each after coupon
If you you use the .60/3 coupon you will need to purchase (6) Ragu and use (2) coupons.  Otherwise, the first  two will ring up for 2/3.00 and the third at $1.99.

Skippy Peanut Butter (23.9 or 24 oz) - 2/$4.00
$1 off 2 - printable coupon no longer available
or $1 off 2 - 7/31/11 RP
or .75 - 7/31/11 RP - (coupon in St Louis Post-Dispatch)
= $1.25 to $1.50 each after coupon

*NEW* Rubbermaid TakeAlongs (4 pack) - $1.99
$1 off 2 - 7/31/11 SS
= $1.49 each after coupon

Cottonelle Bathroom Tissue (12 large rolls) - $5.00
Cottonelle Catalina or Register Reward deal (Hurry! expires 7/31)
Buy (2) Cottonelle 12 packs get $3.50 Register Reward (Kimberly-Clark)
Buy (3) or more Cottonelle 12 -packs get a $4.50 Register Reward
.75 - 7/17/11 SS
and use $1 Walgreens Coupon in August Coupon Book

Deal Idea - Sunday only!
purchase: (2) Cottonelle @ $5.00 each = $10.00
use (2) .75 coupons (7/17/11 SS) - $1.50
use (1) $1 Walgreens coupon in August Coupon Book - $2.00 (will deduct $2 wyb 2)
pay: $6.50
get $3.50 Register Reward
Final cost: $3.00 or $1.50 each

U by Kotex Feminine Care - 2/$7.00
Tampons (18 ct), Liners (50 or 60 ct), Pads (14 to 18 ct)
$1 - 7/24/11 SS (use 2)
and use $2 off 2 Walgreens coupon in August Coupon Book
= $1.50 each after coupons

M&M's (9.9 to 12.6 oz) - 2/$5.00
Get a $1 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Mars)
$1 off 2 - 7/24/11 RP (regional coupon)
or .75 off 2 - 7/10/11 RP
= $1.50 to $1.75 each after coupon and RR

Nivea Body Wash (16.9 oz) - $5.99
Get a $2 Register Reward (BDF Beiersdorf)
$2 - 7/31/11 RP
= $1.99 after coupon and RR

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor - $9.99
Get a $4 Register Reward (P&G)
$4 - 7/31/11 P&G
= $1.99 after coupon and RR

Splenda  - $2.99 with in-ad coupon
100 packets or 3.8 oz. granulated
$1 off Splenda printable coupon
= $1.99 after coupons

*NEW* Cascade Dish Products - $3.99
Get a $3 Register Reward when you buy $10 or more
$1 - 7/03/11 P&G (expires 7/31)
$1 - 7/31/11 P&G

Deal Idea
Purchase (3) Cascade @$3.99 = $11.97
Use (1) $1 Cascade coupon - $3.00
Pay $8.97
Get $3 Register Reward
Final cost: $5.97 or $1.99 each after coupons and RR

Special K Protein - 2/$10.00
6 pack Bars or 4 pack Shakes
Get a $5 Register Reward when you buy 2 (Kellogg's_
$1 off 2 Special K Products printable coupon
= $2.00 each after coupon and RR

Clairol Nice 'n Easy Hair Color - $5.99
Excludes Foam and Perfect 10
Get a $1 Register Reward (P&G)
$2 - 7/31/11 P&G
= $2.99 after coupon and RR

Folgers Classic Roast Coffee (11.3 oz) - 2/$8.00
Get  a $1 Register Reward (Folger)
$1 off 2 - 7/01/11 RP
= $3.00 each after coupon and RR

Kibbles  'n Bites (4 lb) - 2/$10.00
$1.50 - 7/24/11 RP (use 2)
= $3.50 each after coupon

Tidy Cat Scoop Liter - 2/$10.00
$1 - 5/01/11 SS (use 2 - Hurry! expires 8/1)
= $4.00 each after coupons

Pampers Jumbo Diapers - 2/$20.00
Swaddlers or Cruisers
Get a $3 Register Reward when you buy 2 (P&G)
$1.50 off 2 - 7/03/11 P&G (Hurry! expires 7/31)
or $1 off 2 - 7/31/11 P&G
and use $2 Walgreens coupon in Infant Care Coupon Book (will deduct $4 wyb 2)
= $5.75 to $6.00 each after coupons and RR


:: Back to School ::

Crayola Washable Markers (8 pack Classic) - $2.00
Get a $2 Register Reward
= FREE after RR

Bic Grip Mechanical Pencils (5 pack) - $0.99 with in-ad coupon
$1 off 2 - 7/31/11 SS
= $0.49 each after coupon

$0.11 each
Wexford 2 Pocket Folder with Prongs

$0.29 each with in-ad coupon
Penway or Wexford Pencil Eraser Caps (15 ct)
Penway or Wexford Pink Eraser (2 pack)

$0.33 each with in-ad coupon
Corner Office or Wexford Legal Pads (50 sheet)
Acco Paper Clips (100 pack)

$0.39 each
Penway or Wexford 1 Subject Notebook (60 or 70 sheets)
No. 2 Pencils (10 pack)
Paper Mate Highlighters (6 pack)

$0.59 each
Penway or Wexford Filler Paper (130 sheets)
Penway or Wexford Composition Book (80 sheet)
Penway or Wexford Crayons (24 pack)
Penway or Wexford Colored Pencils (12 pack)

$0.59 each with in-ad coupon
School Glue (4 oz)
Single Jumbo Glue Sticks (3 pack)
Rose Art School Box

$0.69 each with in-ad coupon
Work Essentials Stapler
Sharpie Markers (2 pack)

$0.79 each with in-ad coupon
Fiskars Blunt or Pointed Scissors

$0.99 each
Splash Binder (1 inch)
Corner Office or Wexford Tab Dividers with Pockets (5 pack)

$0.99 each with in-ad coupon
Pentel Lead Refills (30 pack)
Splash Liquid Highlighters (5 pack)
Corner Office or Wexford Sticks Pens (20 pack)
Corner Office or Wexford Dry Erase Markers (4 pack)

B1G1
High Trails or Anchorage Backpacks or Book Totes - $9.99
It's Academic Notebook or Portfolio


:: Filler Ideas ::

Geisha Mushrooms - $0.50 with in-ad coupon
Madam Mandarin Oranges - $0.50 with in-ad coupon
Jell-O - $0.50 wtih in-ad coupon

30 comments:

  1. Walgreens is back! :) I might have to make a midnight run. I know these deals aren't going to last long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DON'T SEE IN THE AD ANYTHING ABOUT GETTING A $3.50 RR FOR PURCHASING 2 12-PACKS COTTONELLE. HOW DO I KNOW IF MY WALGREENS IS DOING THIS?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Cottenelle Catalina was advertised on Coupon Network valid for Walgreens through the 31st. For some reason the info disappears about two dates before the end of the deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little confused. You post about using the August Coupon Book coupons with several deals that expire tomorrow (July 31). Will that work?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeri for us who buy hearing aid batteries they have a great deal this week.
    Buy 2 @ 9.99 16 packs 19.98
    2- 1.50 (p&g 7/3) Pay 16.98
    Get back $5 RR
    Makes 2 16 packs 11.98
    I know that may sound high but for hearing aid batteries it doesn't get much cheaper than that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anonymous - I understand your confusion. Walgreens "month" always starts on a Sunday. The coupons in the August Coupon book are valid 7/31 throuh 8/27.

    Hi Lynda - Thanks for the hearing aid info!

    My Dad finally got a hearing aid this last year. I couldn't believe how short of time the batteries lasted. I though it would be more like a watch battery that rarely needs changing. The cost has to really start adding up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello..I went out at midnight to my local Wags and bought the 12 packs of Cottonelle. Just a heads up, when I used the 75 cents/1 Manufacture's coupon along with the $1/1 Wags coupon a $ 3.50 Catalina did not print. The manager came up and explained that since I used a manufacture's coupon the Catalina will not print. He kindly cancelled my transaction and re-rung without the 75 cents/1 Manufacture's coupon and out came the $ 3.50 Catalina. It was still an awesome deal at $2.59 for the 12 pack.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cookie,

    Manufacturer coupons do not keep Catalinas from printing. (Using the same Catalina to buy the product again can.) Since you went at midnight, I am guessing the timing was the problem. The RR machines flip over to the new ad at midnight. It can be 1:00 or 2:00 or even later before the new Catalinas start to print. I imagine when you first did your buying, the machines were not printing RRs yet. (You can look to see if the light is on.) Then by the time the store manager gave you the incorrect information and you did the exchange, the RRs were printing. I am not buying the Cottonelle, but would like to hear how others did with using manufacturer coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cookie - I agree with KC. Take a look at the last page in this week's Walgreens ad. The Final price on Pantene and Crest Pro-Health is advertised as after RR and coupon.

    You should head back to the store, find that manager and show him this week's ad. The misinformed managers at Walgreens needed to learn how their system works.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time for me to find another Walgreens. The manager at the one I go to told me they are sticking to the limits. He let me do three transactions with Pantene products but only one with Celadrin. I had to go up the street to another Walgreens to get a 2nd bottle of Celadrin. I used those RRs to buy propane.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tyler - I think limits are fair. There has been quite the problem with a few shoppers clearing shelves the first few minutes the stores were open. This does the stores or other shoppers any good.

    As long as Walgreens will let you purchase (1) each of the deals, you should be able to build a stockpile. Many of the same things are on sale week after week.

    If there is a product you want to purchase more than one of the deals, it's not like there aren't pleanty of other Walgreens to shop at.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree and that's why I prefer CVS, and CVS is so much easier to prepare for. With all of Walgreens crazy rules, its no longer worth my time if I can't use all my coupons.

    I did write Corporate because the "one per day per household" that the manager quoted is not in their coupon policy. I'll let you all know what I find out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tyler - I talked to the manager at the store I shop a few week's ago. I know there was a big "managers" meeting out in Vegas either last week or the week before. Limits and shelf clearing he though would be discussed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Cottonelle deal worked perfectly for me 3 times and three different stores. Now don't get me started on the shelf clearers. My number one pet peeve. If I need to do multiple transactions I go to different stores. It just isn't right. If you need lots of a certain item that you know is going to be on sale do what Janet does and talk to the manager in advance and order it. I talked to a manager who said they are all so sick of RRs that he personally doesn't care to help couponers anymore. That was just a little scary to me. On everyones tight budgets these days we all need to save every penny we can.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The RR machine wasnt printing at my Wags this morning at 10am so they were just giving the RR amount off the items which worked great for me. Got 2 Crayola markers, Pantene shampoo, Herbal Essence hairspray, Jif To Go, Allegra and Keri lotion all free after coupons and RR discounts :) The Kirkwood and South Lindbergh stores both had a good supply of the Crayola markers which surprised me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Walgreens I went to (bayless) did not have any of the sale prices marked on the shelves, so it was really hard to be sure I had the right items. Is this normal, or do I need to find a new walgreens? Also, how would one get this August Coupon Book that keeps getting mentioned?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carrie the August Coupon book should be right in the front of the store by the ads. If you don't see them ask one of the clerks. The sale prices aren't usually up on Sunday yet because they have so many to put up. A tip that works for me is when I make my plan out I cut the item out that is on sale out of the ad and put my coupon with it so I won't have to thumb through the ad. Then if I am not sure what size or item I just look at the paper I cut out and match it up to the item. Does that make sense? I have found that just saves me time and as far as I am concerned the shorter time I spend in Walgreens the better off I am.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi All - I just repsonded to Jen over on the CVS post. It sounds like all the stores are sick of the shelf clearning, demanding couponers. Maybe I should start a series on Coupon etiquette. Most couponers I have met, are very considerate, but it only takes a few....

    Carrie - I love Lynda's advice of clipping the picure out of the ad. I don't know how much time I spend flipping through the ad to check I'm picking up the correct product. As much as I've seen the ad, I can never find what I'm looking for in it while I'm in the store.

    Carrie, I'm going to post a picture of the August coupon book so you'll know what your looking for. They are about 8" tall and 2 or 3" wide.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Since the Extreme Couponing show I have had a hard time finding 1 of anything that has a RR & today I went to 3 stores & 2 were out of almost everything that had RR!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Rachelstl - Yes, it's gotten harder to find the deals at Walgreens. Shoppers are taking more of an interest in their RR deals and I don't see them stocking any better than they did before.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wags couponing has been discouraging for me for awhile and much more so since the Extreme Couponing show. In my opinion, the show is causing more bad than good. :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had a bad experience (among a few) at Wags today as well. The one not a minute from my house has become very strict and downright rude to couponers. I understand not doing multiple transactions with customers waiting andnot hoarding all the "free items" for myself- but today takes the cake for me.

    I went to pay for my ONE transaction partly with three Keebler RR. The cashier lectured me on the fact that RR were to be "one per customer" (that is not printed ANYWHERE intheir ads unlike CVS). No matter the fact I got those RR on separate trips to different wags...no matter that stores shelves were still well-stocked. Ah well-known much more shopper friendly store 3 miles away. Life's too short too stress over such as this. EVE

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi coupon.girl - I'm not so sure Extreme Couponing caused the problems at Walgreens, as much as it, exposed the problems with
    Walgreens RR system and how stores are allowed to treat customers.

    Hi Eve - I agree, live is too short to shop anywhere you are not treated well as a customer.

    ReplyDelete
  24. And also...really what I meant was...I am too blessed in many other ways to be annoyed at such little things. I lost a child last year, and it put so many things in perspective...having a rude sales clerk is really nothing much. Thanks Jeri for your sweetness and all you do for us here! Eve

    ReplyDelete
  25. Eve - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even imagine how difficult loosing a child would be.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Eve - Thank you for the reminder that little annoyances and inconveniences really aren't that important after all. So sorry for your loss.

    FYI - If anyone still has an Keri Qs left, it looks like Wags has it on sale for $5.99 next week with a $5 RR, so a $1 MM! Thanks to www.iheartwags.com for that!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks Staci...I was really trying to remind myself not sound preachy. Couponing has been a great distraction and way to help others though! Eve

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Staci - I wonder if any Walgreens will have any Keri left for this week's sale?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Eve - Not preachy at all! =)

    Jeri - Who knows, it is Wags, right? I keep forgetting to look for it this week, so I'll just have to hope!

    ReplyDelete