Contact Me






Saturday, August 6, 2011

Walgreens $5 Scenario - Week of 8/07/11


The most cost effective way to shop at Walgreens is to roll Register Rewards - spend Register Rewards on products that trigger more. I suggest checking out at the Cosmetic Counter. Multiple transaction always go smoother at a less busy register.

If you are following my $5 Scenario's you have a $2 BDF Beiersdorf Register Reward to start this week's shopping.

Check out all of this week's Walgreens Deals.

NOTE: Word is, some store are now limiting the number of sale items you can purchase and the number of transactions allowed.  Check with the staff at your store before you shop.

Transaction #1
purchase:
(1) Crayola Crayons (24 pack) $1.00
(2) Penway or Wexford Filler Paper $1.00
use:
Register Reward from last week - $2.00
= $0.00 (+ tax if you pay in yourstate) and get a $1 Crayola RR

Transaction #2
purchase:
(1) Listerine Smart Rinse (500 ml) $3.00
(1) Penway or Wexford 2 Pocket Folder $0.59 (needed as filler to use RR)
use:
(1) Listerine Smart Rinse coupon (1//09/11 SS or 7/31/11 SS) - $1.00
Walgreens in-ad coupon for 2 Pocket Folder - $0.50
Register Reward from previous transaction $1.00
= $1.09 + tax out of pocket and get a $2 McNeil RR

Transaction #3
purchase:
(2) Colgate Total Advanced Toothpaste (4 oz) $6.00
(1) Penway or Wexford 2 Pocket Folder $0.59 (needed as filler to use RR)
use:
(2) $1 Colgate coupons (7/24/11 SS or Diabetes and You Magazine) - $2.00
Walgreens in-ad coupon for  2 Pocket Folders - $0.50
Register Reward from previous transaction $2.00
= $2.09 + tax and get a $4 Colgate-Palmolive RR

Transaction #4
purchase:
(1) Keri Lotion $5.99
(1) Penway or Wexford 2 Pocket Folder $0.59 (needed as filler to use RR)
use:
(1) Keri coupon (7/17/11 SS or printable) - $2.00
Walgreens in-ad coupon for 2 Pocket Folders - $0.50
Register Reward from previous transaction $4.00
= $0.08 + tax out of pocket and get a $5 Novartis RR

Items purchased
(2) Colgate Toothpaste
(1) Keri Lotion
(1) Listerine Smart Rinse
(1) package of Crayola Crayons
(2) packages of Filler Paper
(3) 2 Pocket Folders

Total retail before sales & coupons:   $28.96
Total spent: $3.26  for an 89%  savings
And a $5 Register Reward to start next week's shopping

If you didn't start with the $2 Register Reward,  you will spend $5.26  for this scenario - am 81% savings.

10 comments:

  1. Jeri-the crayola crayons are $1 get $1 RR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are. I'll rework the scenario. Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to let everyone know that Dirt Cheap, has Customer Appreciation Day and all hot dogs and canned soda are 25 cents and you get a free spin on the wheel. I won a jigger~! This is probably more for adults since they sell cigarettes and liquor. But I did see a lady buyiing a hot dog and giving it to her dog. It's only at this location~7927 N. Lindbergh Hazelwood, MO 63042. 314-830- 2778; until about 5pm today only. I would give them a call if you plan to stop by while you're shopping if in the afternoon because she said around 5pm. Their hot dogs were good, I got 4~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having trouble finding the Listerine coupons in the 07/31/11 SS and I am not sure what the other date was. Can someone help me please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can not find the colgate toothpaste coupon in the 7/24 ss, can some tell me were it might be please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Anonymous,

    The best way to get Colgate coupons is to ask for a couple copies of the free Diabetes and You magazine at the Walgreens pharmacy. (They have great recipes.) Towards the beginning of the magazine you will see an advertisement and $1 coupon for Colgate. Free coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi All -

    JB - The Listerine Smart Rinse coupon is on another page than the other Listerine coupons in that insert.

    Anonymous - My $0.75 Colgate coupon in the 7/24 SS from the St Louis Post-Dispatch is towards the from of the insert on the back side of the page is Friskies and a Target Revlon coupon. Keep in mind inserts in different parts of the country can have different coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. But, Wags has Fiber Splenda 80ct on sale for $2.99; the $3.00 off q plus a filler items mite make this free.
    I did however do something new. The Wags had 2 Skinny Cow left but they were not priced down nor were they listed as the original price in the Sales Ad. They were $4.69 or so and I did not think they were the ones. But I braved up and politely asked the mgr if these were on sale. He said yes~!, they just hadn't marked them down.
    Wow~was I excited. I used to get to wags and the item weren’t marked as sale at all and I just left those items off my list. Now I can still get them. Thnx Jeri. :)
    (Debra D.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Jeri. I went last week for their deal on Air Wicks but they were completely out. Notta 1. I asked the clerk, she said a woman had come in the day they had gotten off the truck and bought them all! And then last nite, I went to Wags,in the same neighborhood, just 1 day after the sale got started and they were completely out of all the $5 deal items~! I'm not fond of shelf clearers!! (DebraD.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debra D - Thanks for the info on Spenda.

    Couponing has taught me to be a totally different type of shopper. If ads are hard to figure out what is on sale, or shelves are not marked with a sale price, I make sure I ask an employee to clarify. The are there to take care of the customer.

    Yes, shelf clearers are not good customers for the stores, but Walgreens is as much to blame with stocking only a few of the sale items and not having a loyalty card to limit purchases.

    ReplyDelete