Contact Me






Sunday, October 9, 2011

Couponing for Charity - Progresso Soup

Since starting to coupon, I've always donated my "extra" to charitable organizations, but I've never purchased items with the sole purpose of donating them.

I've decided to budget $5 per week to my new Couponing for Charity project.  Here is what I picked up this week.

24 Cans of Progresso Soup
Regular shelf price:  $51.12
Paid:  $4.00 + $0.88 tax  = $4.88
92% savings

I took advantage of Schnucks sale, $1/3 coupons from the Deal-icious Savings coupon book, and the $3 Catalina coupon when I purchased six General Mills products.

All in all I did four transactions rolling the Catalina coupons.  I limit myself to two back to back transaction at a time, so I don't perturb the cashier or the people in line behind me. 

If you Coupon for Charity I would love to hear your story.

7 comments:

  1. I have been stockpiling toothbrushes and toothpaste since January to give to the shoebox ministries at our church...Thank Goodness for free! So far we have enough for 75 boxes...not bad..feels really good to help others..worth all the looks when you are purchasing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband gives me $80 a month so that I can coupon for our local Community Hope Center. I have bought lots of Hamburger Helper & other non perishable items for them for probably close to a year now. I love taking advantage of Shop N Save $10 off Thursdays & get an extra $10 worth for free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started couponing with the idea of donating. My son and I are collecting a large donation for a good drive ay our library. We've donated to Joplin relief, our local food pantry and Operation Shoebox. I try to always get a few extras on good deals to donate. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting ready to help a friend donate hygiene and snack items to her cousin's platoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi All - I love hearing what others are doing with couponing and donating. If anyone would want to take picutres and email them to me I'll post about what your doning.

    couponstl (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Bi State Pet Food Pantry and the Ronald McDonald Houses are great places to donate. Also Scouting For Food (Boy Scouts) will be collecting food in November. Thanks to everyone who donates :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous,

    Hi. I see you help Community Hope Center also. I have been working with them for 3 years. Do you shop at Wood River Shop N Save? I just did 120 Hamburger Helper at Schnucks last week, then took Lisa (the pantry Director) shopping on Sunday and got 180 more. We are doing a huge order on Thursday. I have also begun working with House of Victory's food pantry. Send me a private note and maybe we can pool our resources.

    ReplyDelete